The Life Of Brian (Kelly)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

Midnight Rambler

'Maaaaaaaaaaaaaaannnly'
Some one name a club that has a centre as slow as Kelly ?
View attachment 6078
Manly did, two of them to be exact...Matai & Lyon. Killer was kinda quick, but Kelly's speed is no different to Lyon's. Not express, but quick enough. It's the reason I wanted Roberts & I really like Kelly, the kid can play. I just think the criticism levelled at him is extremely harsh, he's just a kid. 20-25 metres out, he appears unstoppable. He leaves Jorge for dead in terms of foot speed!

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
Manly did, two of them to be exact...Matai & Lyon. Killer was kinda quick, but Kelly's speed is no different to Lyon's. Not express, but quick enough. It's the reason I wanted Roberts & I really like Kelly, the kid can play. I just think the criticism levelled at him is extremely harsh, he's just a kid. 20-25 metres out, he appears unstoppable. He leaves Jorge for dead in terms of foot speed!
No way Kelly is as quick than Killer or Matai
I also don't see Kelly with their Killer instinct as well
We will agree to disagree feathered friend :)

Midnight Rambler

'Maaaaaaaaaaaaaaannnly'
No way Kelly is as quick than Killer or Matai
I also don't see Kelly with their Killer instinct as well
We will agree to disagree feathered friend :)
I dunno Boz, Skivvy was quick off the mark, but nothing special over say, 50-100. Killer was much quicker than Matai, but not express by any means. Would you say Lyon was as quick as Walker in the open field?

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
I dunno Boz, Skivvy was quick off the mark, but nothing special over say, 50-100. Killer was much quicker than Matai, but not express by any means. Would you say Lyon was as quick as Walker in the open field?
From memory and with out any bias
Walker
Lyon
Matai
Kelly
I have nothing against the Kid . I am used to and spoilt to Manly having dynamic centre pairing
We either had powerful or very fast backs .
The Immortal is known to build a team with Big and fast players .
I believe the bigger stronger and faster Parker has more to offer

Last edited:

Midnight Rambler

'Maaaaaaaaaaaaaaannnly'
From memory and with out any bias
Walker
Lyon
Matai
Kelly
I have nothing against the Kid . I am used and spoilt to Manly having dynamic centre pairing
We either had powerful or very fast backs .
The Immortal is known to build a team with Big and fast players .
I believe the bigger stronger and faster Parker has more to offer
Believe me, I really want players with speed & strength too, it's the reason I'm happy with Walker. But all this talk of Parker, I find somewhat odd. I understand he's a junior, but if he was good enough, he'd have already taken Kelly's spot. Oh...& talk about spoilt, I could watch Snoz all day as a child! Now that was a gun centre man! Chip over the top & regather, from his own 30 mtr line....gun.

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
Believe me, I really want players with speed & strength too, it's the reason I'm happy with Walker. But all this talk of Parker, I find somewhat odd. I understand he's a junior, but if he was good enough, he'd have already taken Kelly's spot. Oh...& talk about spoilt, I could watch Snoz all day as a child! Now that was a gun centre man! Chip over the top & regather, from his own 30 mtr line....gun.
I am not sure how much you have seen of Parker but to my eyes he is stronger and faster .
Last year in his debut season he was against the giant Warrior Manu Vatuvei and he handled him self with distinction . Injury towards the end of the season staled his progress . He only came back from injury a couple of months a go from memory .

Holmsey

Bencher
Some one name a club that has a centre as slow as Kelly ?
View attachment 6078
I can name a number of them

Storm (Chambers/Blair)
Raiders (Croker/Leilua)
Sharks (Bird/Lutele)
Cowboys (O'neill/Linnett)
Warriors (Ayshford/Kata)
Titans (Copley/Hurrell)
Knights (Mata'utia/Elliot)
Souths (Goodwin/Hunt)

Theres your list of centres slower than kelly. Have you ever watched kelly in the under 20s? When in open space he is a flyer. He scored plenty of tries burning people in the 20s and don't tell me 20s has slower players because it certainly doesn't. Every outside back that dominates 20s and makes jr rep sides is very fast. We havent had the chance to see kelly in open space in the nrl but what we have seen is his other abilities including solid defence, good footwork and acceleration, touch of class with his excellent passing and abilty to set up his outside man and great ball playing. Give him some time for f#cks sake!

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
I can name a number of them

Theres your list of centres slower than kelly. Have you ever watched kelly in the under 20s? When in open space he is a flyer. He scored plenty of tries burning people in the 20s and don't tell me 20s has slower players because it certainly doesn't. Every outside back that dominates 20s and makes jr rep sides is very fast. We havent had the chance to see kelly in open space in the nrl but what we have seen is his other abilities including solid defence, good footwork and acceleration, touch of class with his excellent passing and abilty to set up his outside man and great ball playing. Give him some time for f#cks sake!
Under 20s and NRL are completely 2 different animals . Many under 20 hopefuls
never had a hope in hell
in the big time NRL
One more thing .......
I totally disagree that Kelly is quicker than
Storm (Chambers/Blair)
Raiders (Croker/Leilua)
Sharks (Bird/Lutele)
Warriors (Ayshford/Kata)
Titans (Copley/Hurrell)
Souths (Goodwin/Hunt)
We will agree to disagree and I am glad the immortal is still on the look out for a gun outside back .
The only way up
is to upgrade !!!
images.png

Holmsey

Bencher
Under 20s and NRL are completely 2 different animals . Many under 20 hopefuls
never had a hope in hell
in the big time NRL
One more thing .......
I totally disagree that Kelly is quicker than
Storm (Chambers/Blair)
Raiders (Croker/Leilua)
Sharks (Bird/Lutele)
Warriors (Ayshford/Kata)
Titans (Copley/Hurrell)
Souths (Goodwin/Hunt)
We will agree to disagree and I am glad the immortal is still on the look out for a gun outside back .
The only way up
is to upgrade !!!
View attachment 6084
If you call a drinking drug loving wanker who has been to 4 clubs an upgrade we are in strife.

manly al

First Grader
It is just not speed or lack of that is the concern with Brian Kelly"s performance level in recent games but a range of performance indicators and he already has had 20 weeks to prove his worth to the i st grade side. So again for his own sake and the team"s prospects , it can only be hoped that he can lift, show his best abilities and form and improve for the remainder of Manly"s season .It could be a case similar to to late 2014 when Blair was selected on the wing instead of Jorge who was having some playing issues at the time . Parker has had an injury disrupted season but i think that if another centre option may be required , it could be Matt Wright that may be considered and then with Parker as a winger . Peter Schuster would not look out of place as a back up winge either . Parker also went well against the Knights in another fixture game last year . Walker is the quickest Manly centre that i have seen for a while . Lyon had genuine speed , Matai some power running from a start and then reasonable pace . Brian , i am not too sure , reasonable speed of the mark, then pretty average but faster then players like Copley . O"Neil and others - no way .

Holmsey

Bencher
There you go feathered friend
There is hope for all , even us .
Why James Roberts is a changed man
Thu 27 Jul, 2017, 6:20pm
By Eden Richards‌, Queensland Correspondent‌‌, ‌‌‌NRL.com
@Eden_Richards

It may not have happened overnight, it may not have happened in the past month, but one thing is for sure, the Brisbane Broncos have played a big part in this new Roberts that was unveiled to the media on Thursday.

It had been almost 12 months since Roberts had been allowed to speak to media due to his welfare and the waiting group of journalists were not sure what to expect at the announcement of his new four-year deal with the club.

But when Roberts addressed the media this time, one thing was obvious – he was sincere.

Too often Roberts in the past had given three-word answers and shrugged off questions concerning anything from football to his personal life, but this time it was different.

Roberts is shy in his own right, but watching him make an honest effort to open up to the prying eyes of a media contingent that had been his harshest critic was impressive.

He was heartfelt and genuine, with his most emotional response coming when questioned about the turning point in his troubled career.
He mentioned Thailand – where he spent several weeks in a rehabilitation centre last September – and took a deep breath with his eyes welling up. This was the most emotion we had seen from the normally reclusive 'Jimmy the Jet'.

"I wanted to become a better father," he said, in reference to his 15-month old son.

Roberts spent much of his own childhood without a father of his own as his dad went in and out of jail, failing to take care of his young son.

It is a pain that still haunts Roberts, but during his time in Thailand it was something he realised he never wanted to be.

"I've learnt a lot in my career and I'm still learning. [The turning point] would have been my trip to Thailand," Roberts said.

"I had a few months to myself and I thought about myself. It made me realise a lot of things, particularly with my son there.

"There are more important things in my life now. There have been plenty of underlying issues but I've come a long way from where I was.

"I still have a lot of work to do. I'm just looking forward to the next couple of years. I want to become a better man and a better father."

Without a father figure in his life Roberts struggled to stay on the straight and narrow, turning to drugs and alcohol with these substances eventually disrupting his rugby league career.

Now he wants to make sure other young Indigenous children avoid the same fate, taking part in a number of the Broncos' Indigenous programs to become the idol he never had growing up.

"I've always loved doing the community work. Working with young Indigenous kids. That really gets me going because I used to be one of those kids," he said.

"To be able to have an idol come out and spend time with you gives you something to look forward to. It makes them happy."

Coach Wayne Bennett has seen first-hand the impact Roberts has had on these children, with the Brisbane speedster a cult figure among rugby league's youngest stars.

Kids want to be like him, and for Bennett that makes any gamble they took on Roberts all worth it.

"James is a wonderful player. I love the fact he just excites people when he gets the ball," Bennett said.

"Kids come here and they all want to meet with him and see him. They all call him 'Jimmy the Jet'. That's what footy is about to me. It's about those things. Football is poorer without a guy like James Roberts."
Thats all crap you realise. And also you think its ok that he did drugs but he didnt get a ban like others? Roberts is not a good man.

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
Thats all crap you realise. And also you think its ok that he did drugs but he didnt get a ban like others? Roberts is not a good man.
What things did you do like we all have that we are not proud of ?
Would you like to share ?

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
Whats your point mate but im pretty sure im not a reformed drug and alcohol addict, i think id remember.
My point is we have all done things that we have regret and there is hope for all of us .
Who is to say that he wont ever become a descent human being .

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
11 9 2 82 20
11 8 3 112 18
11 8 3 75 18
10 7 3 69 16
12 7 5 135 14
11 7 4 59 14
11 6 5 -9 14
11 6 5 -38 14
12 6 5 36 13
11 5 6 47 12