The Life Of Brian (Kelly)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Back on topic guys, this is a bag **** out of, or praise **** out of , one Brian Kelly NOT wankers who want even more money to play the summer game than you and in can earn in a lifetime.

Not sure if this has been posted or not (not a fan of reading too much negative stuff about a junior kid doing his best in his first year of NRL)... but now seems as good a time as any for a Youtube highlights package!

The kids had a few bad defensive reads... he's also had a few highlights.
Thats true mate but his bad defensive reads are out weighing his highlights sadly.

Fair call. I'm just of the belief that he's got more to give. The kid didn't even get a proper preseason.
I think by this time next year he has the potential to be a weapon.
Im with you all the way and i think he'll be a keeper , but he is our weak link out wide lately. I hope he gets ot together quick. Imagine if we had another gun centre with walker . Anyway it is what it is at the moment.

Fair call. I'm just of the belief that he's got more to give. The kid didn't even get a proper preseason.
I think by this time next year he has the potential to be a weapon.
He got more than a pre season. He's got 21 straight NRL games . One thing he definitely hasn't got and that is speed to intimidate or catch his opposing players .
Kelly reminds me of the debacle persistence of Walker at 5/8 . Walker aint no quality 5/8 and Kelly aint no quality centre .
It is no surprise the club is after a gun centre like Jimmy the Jet .
Kelly is an average centre with average pace and average defence and his average performances on the field verify this .
Potential does not breed speed and speed kills
With Kelly we have a harmless pop gun . @Mark from Brisbane .
85-369-a.jpg

Agree to disagree. I think the kid is far from "average"... Average kids don't hold the all time trying scoring record in u20's State of Origin.

One of our all time best centre pairings of Lyon and Matai both didn't possess speed that kills... They both used footwork and a footy brain.... I wouldn't call them average because they didn't have "more speed than oxford street".
Thats all that Jimmy the jet has. Oh and he also possesses the ability to ruin a teams culture and bring any club he plays for into the spotlight for the wrong reasons.

Personally Id take a kid with a tonne of ability in his first season of NRL over a proven wank3r who's already had 4 clubs due to off the field indiscretions...Couldn't care less how fast he is.
Average kids don't hold the all time trying scoring record in u20's State of Origin. You say ???????
This aint under 20s . This is the NRL feathered friend . Many under 20 stars sizzled out in the big time NRL playing against fast strong men
Couldn't care less how fast he is You say ?????
Neither does the speedy opposition
**********SPEED THRILLS ****************
We will agree to disagree . Have a great day :)
N4C5CWO4.jpg

Another discussion we'll have to have in a year Bozo.
Bearfax my feathered friend as long as we have the Silvertail forum and we are in good health we will have many interesting discussions for many years to come . As far as Kelly goes . I have seen Manly backs from way 1972 and I have watched them grow and develop and from what I can see Kelly is another Blake Leary superstar in @Mark from Brisbane eyes
With due respect to @Mark from Brisbane who I find a great bloke
c1035454db4cf4f7ef4c23b445dc72fd.jpg

More speed than Oxford St and a hell of a record.....

2011 - Debut with the Rabbitohs. 10 Games.
2012 - Released from the Rabbitohs due to breach of contract. 0 Games.
2013 - Signs with Panthers. 6 Games
2014 - Released by Panthers due to off field misbehaviour. Signs with Titans. 14 Games. Investigated by the NRL after being arrested for public nuisance.
2015 - 18 Games - Signs with the Broncos
2016 - Abuses female bartender. Charged with public nuisance. Investigated by the NRL - $20k fine.
2017 - Allegedly manhandles woman in nightclub. Ejected by the nightclub. Goes to a Thailand Rehab clinic. The footage from the night club mysteriously not made available and the woman chooses to let it go...

Not sure if its just me... but Im starting to sense a bit of a pattern...

Roberts is just a season or two away from another train wreck. I hope he never comes to the Eagles and breaks the type of culture that Baz and the boys are working so hard to build.
Your prophesy of Roberts being another season or two away from another train wreck is as solid as Kelly being another season or two from being another Matai or Lyon
At the end of the day you can put up as many anti Roberts posts on here as you wish.....
The fact of the matter is our club is interested in Jimmy the Jet but thank you for your humble opinion just the same feathered friend :)
untitled.png

Im not saying that Kelly will be another Lyon or Matai. Just saying that speed isn't everything at centre.

And Jimmy has had 6yrs of indiscretions as the basis for predicting his future.
You've given Kelly 3/4 of his debut season to say he isn't good enough.
Slight difference in my opinion.

Anyway. Not more from me, agree to disagree.
I am not just "saying" Kelly is not good enough
I am "seeing" that Kelly is not good enough from his own inept performances on the field .
Kelly and Lewis Brown to me are two positions we can improve on with recruitment

As some other posters have indicated and according to some Queensland newspaper reports , Jimmy the Jet is supposed to be re signing with the Bronco"s this week sometime . If this does not eventuate it would seem very likely then that he is at least considering another club option or offer and that any Manly approach is being taken seriously by him and his manager. Barrett apparently feels confident that he can fit and assimilate him into the Manly culture and format . Anyway time will tell but the fact remains and regardless of any past indiscretions by him, that he is and can be a match winning standard player .

Centres in the nrl need a special skill, pace, strength, something. kelly has a skill. His step is both amazing and under utilised.

Not saying kelly is king but he needs some time with the ball to use his bag of tricks. Manlys attack doesnt usually give him the opportunity with time to use it. He often gets the ball flat with defence on him and has little time to use it

His size and power will improve. His attitude is great. He works hard. He has some flaws, is still learning but he is one signing we might regret later if we cut him

Every team needs some bargains , manly more so with skuvvy and snake, so im happy to perservere with him. I just cant get my head around roberts, as talented as he is. His defence is ordinary , and we all know his history

Players like roberts look great in big teams, with plenty of talent . Gillett , glen and mcguire do so much clean up.

Nigel vagana was a superstar at the dogs when the had the team, but struggled in other teams to score a try

With aku , cherry and turbo we have the genuine scorers. No team can have it all

Balance of team and cap , not just team.as our superstars backline of old got more stars in skuvvy, lyon, stewart, foz, cherry, who demanded the coin. The pack was full of starlings, horos, gowers and the hass.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10
9 4 5 -16 8