The Life Of Brian (Kelly)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Centres in the nrl need a special skill, pace, strength, something. kelly has a skill. His step is both amazing and under utilised.

Not saying kelly is king but he needs some time with the ball to use his bag of tricks. Manlys attack doesnt usually give him the opportunity with time to use it. He often gets the ball flat with defence on him and has little time to use it

His size and power will improve. His attitude is great. He works hard. He has some flaws, is still learning but he is one signing we might regret later if we cut him

Every team needs some bargains , manly more so with skuvvy and snake, so im happy to perservere with him. I just cant get my head around roberts, as talented as he is. His defence is ordinary , and we all know his history

Players like roberts look great in big teams, with plenty of talent . Gillett , glen and mcguire do so much clean up.

Nigel vagana was a superstar at the dogs when the had the team, but struggled in other teams to score a try

With aku , cherry and turbo we have the genuine scorers. No team can have it all

Balance of team and cap , not just team.as our superstars backline of old got more stars in skuvvy, lyon, stewart, foz, cherry, who demanded the coin. The pack was full of starlings, horos, gowers and the hass.
Agree that subtle management of the salary is the key for a balanced and competitive N R L side and even with the era of the highly rated Sea Eagles back line , this was still complimented with some quality forwards . Such as Choc , Gifty , Kite , Ballin and other good value depth such as Gualavo and Rodney and others of course . I am sure that the Manly bean counters have fully taken into account any implications in regard to Manly"s projected cap situation and in any present approach to Jimmy the Jet.

@Dan still hasn't given me my 'ewww' emoji, so I don't like your chances!

giphy.gif

Probably @yokahontas
If I saw it though I may well have lobbied @Dan for an 'it's a miracle!' Emoji @;)

giphy.gif

Kelly will be fine

If we could go back 12 years, the uproar on here about what a terrible player Matai was worse than what has been said about Kelly, and look at how that turned out. Most criticisms of him were almost identical to what I read on Kelly now too

Amazing what some people expect to see from a young player in their 1st year in one of the toughest positions on the park

If we are obsessed with speed get Fulton on the phone to Shane Whearet and see what he is up to these days, could probably get him cheap

Kelly will be fine

If we could go back 12 years, the uproar on here about what a terrible player Matai was worse than what has been said about Kelly, and look at how that turned out. Most criticisms of him were almost identical to what I read on Kelly now too

Amazing what some people expect to see from a young player in their 1st year in one of the toughest positions on the park

If we are obsessed with speed get Fulton on the phone to Shane Whearet and see what he is up to these days, could probably get him cheap
Completely agree and speed is not an issue, we have one of the more quick backlines. Someone name the clubs that have more speed than our back 5?

They all have to start somewhere.

Sure Lyon and Bell were star players by the time they joined us, but Matai wasn't. He improved over time.

Last edited:
Does Parker fall into any category where we are limited with the amount of appearances he can make due to salary cap constraints? Don't think he would but might as well ask the question.

I have bit my tongue this season on selections as Baz was right about Api when everyone wanted him dropped and he has earnt the right to stick with Kelly at centre despite what we all think.

Well now we can go back to talking about Brian and not " Jimmy the Jet".

Bring it on @BOZO
@Mark from Brisbane
The reason the club was after a gun centre like Jimmy the Jet is because they obviously see a need for one.
Unless the snail Kelly comes out of his shell and starts contributing to the team it will be only a matter of time before the club finds another impact centre .
We have not finished our rebuilding as yet and the Immortal is known to have interests in Big and fast players
images.jpg

Completely agree and speed is not an issue, we have one of the more quick backlines. Someone name the clubs that have more speed than our back 5?
Some one name a club that has a centre as slow as Kelly ?
untitled.png

There's Melbourne Storm. They have Blair and Chambers. I don't think they're doing too badly on the ladder.
Are you comparing Blair and Chambers in terms of Pace and Power with Kelly ?
You are clutching at straws here feathered friend ;)
e18173d42a14ea32f559d359281401a0.jpg

@Mark from Brisbane
The reason the club was after a gun centre like Jimmy the Jet is because they obviously see a need for one.
Unless the snail Kelly comes out of his shell and starts contributing to the team it will be only a matter of time before the club finds another impact centre .
We have not finished our rebuilding as yet and the Immortal is known to have interests in Big and fast players
View attachment 6077

I'm surprised that this took 2 hours, regardless, a very predictable response.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10
9 4 5 -16 8