The Kieran Forum

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

How long will Foran last?

• 1 month

Votes: 10 13.5%
  • 2months

Votes: 9 12.2%
  • 3months

Votes: 7 9.5%
  • 4months

Votes: 3 4.1%
  • 5months

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 6months

Votes: 3 4.1%
  • Has the best season since 2011

Votes: 42 56.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
That's hardly the type of puff piece you usually read about at this time of year. You have to wonder if the Dogs are trying to force him out already? It's pretty brutal really, given his mental issues.

Is it a pre existing injury if they want to off load him? I mean he is with the Dogs and guess where Greenburg originated from.

Latest musings on Kieran over at the Dogs

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...dogs-great-graeme-hughes-20171219-h07n84.html

Notable quotes

Foran expects to sit out pre-season contact work until January the club's legendary five-eighth Terry Lamb, who's back at Canterbury to support new coach Dean Pay, noted his less-than-ideal condition.

And Graeme Hughes, who won a premiership with the Bulldogs in 1980, lamented Foran was no longer in his physical prime at just 27 years of age.

"I don't think Kieran's got the pace he used to have. He looks to have chronic problems with hamstrings," he said.

Looks like the penny has dropped.
Caveat emptor...

While I won't pretend to have all the details, I'm betting he is regretting ever leaving Manly.

He has lurched from one disaster to the next since his departure.

Be careful whose counsel you take.

Could be a ruse by the dogs to take the pressure off him. If he is training he will be firing round 1. You can be sure of that.

Foran’s hamstrings are so stuffed he couldn’t run out of sight on a dark night. I’ll be very surprised if he completes the whole season.

Last edited:
Just watched round 25, 2011 against the Storm. The infamous brawl.

Kieran Foran certainly was a gun and part of a superb dominant Manly team. DCE coming in as half should have made them THE dominant half pairing in the nrl for the next 10 years.

Where did it all go wrong with Foran? Eddie Hayson, free hookers and coke. Daddy issues, a gambling habit that got worse.

Talk about a waste.

Kieran Foran certainly was a gun and part of a superb dominant Manly team. DCE coming in as half should have made them THE dominant half pairing in the nrl for the next 10 years.

Where did it all go wrong with Foran? Eddie Hayson, free hookers and coke. Daddy issues, a gambling habit that got worse.

Talk about a waste.
That was six years ago, which is a long time in the life of a RL player. He'll never be able to attain that ability; the de-railed Hayne Train is a perfect example. He reached his peak many years ago. Now his 'dream' is to make a break in the upcoming season . . . and that doesn't mean taking a break in Israel.

Talk about a waste.
Think you can add “playing style that his body couldn’t continue to sustain” to that list of possibilities as to where it went wrong. And the influence of “factions” within the club.

After 3 grand finals in a row 95-97 Manly still had that stellar back row of Menzies, Kosef and Gartner. It seemed there was another decade worth of success on the way. Yet Kosef's knees failed him and Gartner got the cold shoulder somehow in the Beagles disaster. Of the trio only Beaver came through into the 2000-10s. Now the NRL salary cap destroys key three-man combos anyway, except for the Storm of course.

l_1997%20northern%20eagles.jpg

Last edited:
Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7