The Kieran Forum

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

How long will Foran last?

• 1 month

Votes: 10 13.5%
  • 2months

Votes: 9 12.2%
  • 3months

Votes: 7 9.5%
  • 4months

Votes: 3 4.1%
  • 5months

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 6months

Votes: 3 4.1%
  • Has the best season since 2011

Votes: 42 56.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Manly Sea Eagles' Daly Cherry-Evans hits out over 'harsh' Kieran Foran treatment
Date
June 30, 2016 - 10:09AM
Daly Cherry-Evans has lashed out at the heavy media scrutiny of former NRL teammate Kieran Foran.

Parramatta halfback Foran has been stripped of the Eels' captaincy while he recovers from a season-ending shoulder injury.

1467245350495.jpg

"How he's going and how he's dealing with everything should be left behind closed doors": Daly Cherry-Evans. Photo: Getty Images

It is believed the former Manly star was also handed a breach notice and fined $5000 by the Eels for failing to fulfil his club obligations, including rehabilitation of his injury.

Sea Eagles halfback Cherry-Evans revealed he had recently been in touch with his 2011 premiership-winning teammate, who attended a Brisbane rehab clinic to address personal issues earlier this year.

But he refused to discuss how Foran is coping with his off-field struggles.

"How he's going and how he's dealing with everything should be left behind closed doors and not situations like this," he told reporters at the Sea Eagles' base in Narrabeen on Thursday.

Pressed on whether losing the captaincy was harsh for Foran, the Manly No.7 said: "I think it's harsh that you're still continuing to talk about it publicly.

"He's going through a lot of stuff on a personal level and the fact that people still feel the right to involve it on a media level is quite disappointing, to be honest."

Manly captain Jamie Lyon said he has also seen Foran and that the Eels halfback is "going OK".

"You don't like seeing players struggle like that. If he needed help, I'd definitely be there to help him. He done a lot for this club and he's a great bloke."

"I've bumped into him once or twice. I think he's going OK."

Foran, 25, signed a two-year deal, with the option of a further two seasons, with the Eels over the summer and played nine games before hurting his shoulder in a two-point win over Newcastle last month.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...-treatment-20160630-gpv4ok.html#ixzz4D1IciI7S
Follow us: @smh on Twitter | sydneymorningherald on Facebook

If I take a more cynical look into this, is this the Manly publicity machine ramping up for the return of Foran, just getting all the players to say what a great guy he is

If I take a more cynical look into this, is this the Manly publicity machine ramping up for the return of Foran, just getting all the players to say what a great guy he is
Stench of ZtH a over it. But it's their money to squander on a person who they could not woo for 18 months. :cool:

Does this mean Manly's halves pairing for 2017 could be?

6.Foran
7.Cherry-Evans

That's the way it was always meant to be, trumps any other combo we can come up with. Best halves pairing in the NRL!

Does this mean Manly's halves pairing for 2017 could be?

6.Foran
7.Cherry-Evans

That's the way it was always meant to be, trumps any other combo we can come up with. Best halves pairing in the NRL!
Yes it does mate, k foz will be back at manly asap and we will be back to manly along with another couple of good signings

Yes it does mate, k foz will be back at manly asap and we will be back to manly along with another couple of good signings
Is this as reliable as your claim that in cricket you scored a first grade double century during a career in which all your games were 4 day matches?

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6