The Kieran Forum

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

How long will Foran last?

• 1 month

Votes: 10 13.5%
  • 2months

Votes: 9 12.2%
  • 3months

Votes: 7 9.5%
  • 4months

Votes: 3 4.1%
  • 5months

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 6months

Votes: 3 4.1%
  • Has the best season since 2011

Votes: 42 56.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
He could do with a couple of years at the Warriors to get away from any bad influences currently surrounding him.

I'm not sure whether we could even help him at the moment.

Only problem is being too far from his kids over there.

He'd be a great foil for Johnson & would complete their team....if he gets himself into shape. Of course they couldn't afford him unless they cut a few players..

One thing is certain, parra seems to be a toxic place for him to be. I doubt parra want to hang onto him & I doubt he'd want to continue next year.

While i sniggered at his fall from grace a little after what he did to us, now I'm just concerned for him & hope he comes through this.

Taking this year off is best. Maybe a few months over with his father might clear his head.

I just think he needs to clear out for awhile.

He could do with a couple of years at the Warriors to get away from any bad influences currently surrounding him.

He'd be a great foil for Johnson & would complete their team....if he gets himself into shape. Of course they couldn't afford him unless they cut a few players..

One thing is certain, parra seems to be a toxic place for him to be. I doubt parra want to hang onto him & I doubt he'd want to continue next year.

While i sniggered at his fall from grace a little after what he did to us, now I'm just concerned for him & hope he comes through this.

Taking this year off is best. Maybe a few months over with his father might clear his head.

The best thing for him is probably footy in a good, supportive location. The worst thing is probably what he's going through right now - injured and feeling unwanted. Bad/destructive combo...

He probably needs to get way from Australia for a few months to Pearce's thai rehab facility.

Staying here doesn't seem to be doing him any good.

Going to parra was the worst thing he could have done as the expectation that he is the next Peter Sterling was always going to be too much pressure for him to handle.

The parra no 7 jersey has destroyed many a half backs career.

I hate to say it but playing under Des would have probably been the best thing for him

I'll sign him in an instant...
One dollar for the year. (or a peppercorn - which ever represents the least value)
And, thirty thousand a win
(as long as he plays 60 minutes in the game that the team wins.)

Last edited:

Given the Warriors recent off field issues involving energy drinks and prescription drugs I don't think that is the best environment for him either just quietly

He's a grown man so harden up and act like one.

Last edited by a moderator:
As much as Manly fans aren't happy with the way his career ended with us, no one wants to see a 25 year old like this.
He obviously can't handle things atm and the media need to back away.
Agree. Whatever his wrong choices have been the pressure he has been under must be magnified to the nth degree compared to the ordinary Joe. He's had the Parra expectations, led by P. Sterling, the media focus, heck, this is even the 281st page of this thread. Imagine what that's like having so many people you've never met caught up in thinking about and discussing your life. Yuk. I couldn't do it.

Moves to squeeze Foran out of Eels
The Semi Radradra situation has swamped the big decision by Brad Arthur and the Eels to give Kieran Foran a breach notice and rip the captaincy away from him. Let's not mess around, everyone involved in this situation can see it for what it is: the first step in an attempt to breach Foran out of the club.

Foran is an intelligent man – he can see what is going on, and his agent, George Mimis, has been around the block too many times to have the wool pulled over his eyes.

It would appear the relationship between Arthur and Foran, which was almost like a father-son bond, is fractured.

As this column reported, Foran walked into a recent meeting with Arthur fearing he would be sacked. He now knows that is a reality.

But here is the difficult thing to comprehend. We told you a few weeks ago that Foran's recent visit to a mental health clinic was his second in the past six months. He was treated just after Christmas, spending three weeks under supervision. And straight after that he was thrown into the captaincy role at the Eels. The step from getting that kind of treatment into leadership of a team is a huge one – and you have to wonder what kind of consideration was given to that.

As an outsider, it seemed to be the most obvious choice you could make, but club officials must have had doubts. And now, as Foran struggles with depression and other mental issues, he has been penalised for not being the leader the club needed and wanted him to be.

I'd be horrified if Foran wasn't being smothered with support and care, but to issue him with a breach notice while he is in this state would indicate he is either on the way out or rejecting the support he is being offered.

There is also the burning issue of the way Foran carried the injury into the match against Newcastle in round 12. There is a thought that has caused a split between Foran and the club. Whatever the case, Foran's wellbeing is what is really important. He has been close to the edge for some time and he needs ongoing support.

From Weidler. Does this help or hurt?

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...ner-to-act-20160702-gpx3ln.html#ixzz4DHiAxhab
Follow us: @smh on Twitter | sydneymorningherald on Facebook

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8