The Kieran Forum

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

How long will Foran last?

• 1 month

Votes: 10 13.5%
  • 2months

Votes: 9 12.2%
  • 3months

Votes: 7 9.5%
  • 4months

Votes: 3 4.1%
  • 5months

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 6months

Votes: 3 4.1%
  • Has the best season since 2011

Votes: 42 56.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
And that is based on what fact? 8o min in 2020 when Benji Marshall waxed lyrical about the shoe.

don't get me wrong. he is an amazing talent. he will be a superstar but don't discount what Foran has bought back to this side.

There is absolutely no proof that if the shoe replaced Foz in 22 we as a team would do any better than this year. I could only imagine the uproar around here if the swap did happen and we failed to do well in 22 because the shoe while good wasn't great.
Not just that, Schuster played 6 against the Eels at BankWest and that was our best performance of the year

And that is based on what fact? 8o min in 2020 when Benji Marshall waxed lyrical about the shoe.

don't get me wrong. he is an amazing talent. he will be a superstar but don't discount what Foran has bought back to this side.

There is absolutely no proof that if the shoe replaced Foz in 22 we as a team would do any better than this year. I could only imagine the uproar around here if the swap did happen and we failed to do well in 22 because the shoe while good wasn't great.
You only have to go back and watch the Parra game and imagine Schuster been first receiver or getting half the football that Evans get in 2022 .Maybe they should swap Schuster instead of Foran .

Is Foz on 400 k for Manly now , doubt it . would he be capable of doing a Blake Green , would hope not . Did foz have a good 2021 , definitely though just held his own against the stronger sides on the verge of struggling . Still not of the view that Schuster would be the best fit there short or long term Will be a setback if he left , surely Manly do not wish him to . Different if Latu Fainu was ready .
Combination of Schuster and Fainu will be awesome at 7 and 6 if it happens .

If there is any truth to the rumour all I can think of is a possible swap of players, Foran for Tex Hoy who is a fullback where we don't have a ready-made reserve. Foran would have to be paid an increased salary by Newcastle and given a further year on his contract.
It sound illogical, but strange things happen in RL.
While I'm a fan of Foran I do think that if he remains our No. 1 five-eight next season we won't improve our position in the premiership. To go to the top I believe we need The Shoe as 5/8 and getting his hands on the ball as much as possible.
100 % agreed with you .If Schuster gets 50-50 ball with Evans ,he will excel and the team will to .

Does anyone know if Brenda's money only contributed to one season of him?

Is Foz on 400 k for Manly now , doubt it . would he be capable of doing a Blake Green , would hope not . Did foz have a good 2021 , definitely though just held his own against the stronger sides on the verge of struggling . Still not of the view that Schuster would be the best fit there short or long term Will be a setback if he left , surely Manly do not wish him to . Different if Latu Fainu was ready .
Club had that player option on foz and on reflection could have upgraded his previous contract value ,.. no doubt deserved some upgrade on last season "s effort

Haha,when I first started reading this I thought”what are you on about,that’s a ridiculous,tenuous link”but it’s spot on for employment at NewsCorp
It reminds me of the Tele talking about Kurtley Beale who was a league-playing boy from Mt Druitt. They made a rugby pedigree based on him having driven past a rugby game once, prior to being given a private school scholarship.

A couple of things in our favour:
1. Newcastle and Wests don't have the same opportunity to win a premiership in 2022.
2. Neither club would be willing to risk him for big $s given his history with injuries and his age. It's more likely they'd pay an extra 100-200k at the most. I doubt that would be enough to see him jump ship. If he could earn a mil, of course, he'd walk but it'd be a crazy move to leave Manly again to run around with a club that probably has no realistic chance of winning a comp.

He doesn't need to be a marquee man at a club anymore either. His body can't take it all falling on him. That's a huge reason why he had a successful year with injury in 2021. He could pick his moments, whereas at Canterbury, it was all on his shoulders and his body took a hammering.

If Pearce was staying (Fox’s best mate), I’d say Newcastle would be a good chance however, Pearce is not staying.

I think Foz’s mother still lives in St Ives, so maybe he spends a night or so there during the week, to make the early training starts.

Foz was really close to Brenda, so we really do not know how much Brenda contributed via her third party payment (bless her) and what he is actually being paid.

It’s all just scuttlebutt by the media and while Ritchie may know that the Tigers and Knights are interested, maybe through Foz’s manager, who may be trying to push Manly for another year’s contract.

I was sceptical how his body would hold up this year however, I think he added value to the team. He’s not the same player he was 5 years ago physically, when he constantly took on the line and I think Des is using him as a ‘link’ player and an alternate kicking option.

He’s also a leader and I remember him ‘going off’ at the team behind the goal line, I think against the Warriors in Round 5 and the team really lifted after that.

So yep, he adds value, experience and leadership to the team and I think he will add value to Schu in terms of his evolvement to a a 6 for 2023.

The Tigers have been unhappy with Brooks for the last two seasons and Newcastle want him with Pierce gone. With Doueihi out until May the Tigers need a 5/8 for the early part of next season so both sides have real need and I would not be surprised if it were being discussed. I agree with Snake that they will have will throw big dollars at Foran to move out of a squad on the rise and a real chance at a premiership soon. If they do he might take the super fund.

Like most silvertails I think Foran is going no where. It is feasible that he may look to rekindle his bromance with Andrew Johns in Newcastle considering he is now thier halves coach as he once was at Manly early in Fozs’s career. Johns has always being a fan. I don’t believe Johns would be seriously considering Tex hoy as a go to half. A back up at best imo.

Like most silvertails I think Foran is going no where. It is feasible that he may look to rekindle his bromance with Andrew Johns in Newcastle considering he is now thier halves coach as he once was at Manly early in Fozs’s career. Johns has always being a fan. I don’t believe Johns would be seriously considering Tex hoy as a go to half. A back up at best imo.
Since Johns has been on the Knights staff he has given Brooks advice to go to the Knights (in the media) in contravention of contract rules, now this. Bet they are glad he is on board.

Manly quiet & without any drama so the illiterates come out of their holes trying to stir up $hit in the media. I know it’s early but I’m hoping it stays the way it is with only the announcement of signings.
You didn't see we resigned your buddy Walker ? haha

Look imo Newcastle can suck a big dick. No doubt there deperate where here to win comps and one of our current strengths is the dce, foz, Tommy with the schu there as extra role. We want to win a comp not help a grub club out.
Here here
Look imo Newcastle can suck a big dick. No doubt there deperate where here to win comps and one of our current strengths is the dce, foz, Tommy with the schu there as extra role. We want to win a comp not help a grub club out.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2