The Kieran Forum

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

How long will Foran last?

• 1 month

Votes: 10 13.5%
  • 2months

Votes: 9 12.2%
  • 3months

Votes: 7 9.5%
  • 4months

Votes: 3 4.1%
  • 5months

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 6months

Votes: 3 4.1%
  • Has the best season since 2011

Votes: 42 56.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Wouldn’t surprise me greatly if a lot of people are going to have to eat their words about Lachie Croker.
If you added all the posts critical of his ability it’d nearly be as long as the Kieran Forum!
He could be a slow burn? Has had a lot of injuries disrupting his development.
Ooooh this post might either be an absolute winner OR come back to bite you on the bum!!

Crocker is probably a great guy who works hard. He wears the maroon and white and has my respect; however, he simply isn't a first grade player no matter which way you cut it. He should not be in the 17 and should be 3rd or 4th in the depth chart for half or hooker.
It's simply that he not a first grade hooker nor 6. His defence is pisspoor sharks game at gosford was debacle.
I don't care how of good of trainer he is does not belong it's that simple. If he plays first grade we are already behind 8 ball, cust wipes his arse as a footballer.

I usually agree with the general consensus here about the merits of various players, but don’t mind being on my Pat Malone on this one. I agree if he’s going to do anything it must be this year to make a mark. Will watch with interest

I usually agree with the general consensus here about the merits of various players, but don’t mind being on my Pat Malone on this one. I agree if he’s going to do anything it must be this year to make a mark. Will watch with interest
Smart bet... he definitely offers more than what he showed at the back end of this season. Started the year particularly well when he had better players around him.

Rather sad you dont share that patience with players like Albert Hopoate and Tom Wright. They only had a few games to prove their worth. This will be Croker's sixth season.

Last edited:
In 2019 Croker came in early on in the season at 6 and killed it before yet another long term injury. Remember that raiders game at brookie he won for us? Indeed he had a bit of a shocker last year, but who didn't at manly? 1 more year and let's see if he lives up to his potential

On Croker ... the story so far ..

2016 I first grade game Canberra .. did his knee .. rooted
2017 .. didn't play .. still rooted .. did his knee again in training ..
2018 .. 2020 . did his knee ... again rooted .... 32 first grade games ..

He has played a total of only 33 first grade games, and as many of those were off the bench in 5 years ... he has had only half a seasons actual game time .. in terms of a playmaker, he is just coming off his rookie season ... I don't know what Croker's ceiling is .. and I admit to being surprised when Dessie re-signed him at the start of last year ... but one thing I will not do is write this kid off ..

In 2019 Croker came in early on in the season at 6 and killed it before yet another long term injury. Remember that raiders game at brookie he won for us? Indeed he had a bit of a shocker last year, but who didn't at manly? 1 more year and let's see if he lives up to his potential
You are certainly entitled to your opinion; however, I don't think ever killed it. He had half a good game that people have over emphasised, and if you look back at it you see he botched a couple of opportunities even in that particular game. I would be stunned if he ends up a consistent quality first grader - I simply don't see it.

• 👍
Reactions: bSw
Croker is OK at best. Tries hard and fills in as a back up. But hardly sets the world alight. He is about to turn 24, whereas Wright was 21 when he left Manly and Hoppa is only 19 (mind you he has been axed from Manly now so he wont be coming back also). Croker may come good but then I also thought Anderson would set the world alight. I realise this isn't likely to happen.

The issue was to do with assessing payers on a few matches while sticking with those who have had five years to prove their worth. Croker may still come good and if so I'll be pleased. It isnt about Croker. Issue is we should be using the same gauge on all players, not just those we like. Wright and Hoppa had potential but they were bagged after a few games in first grade. Seems a double standard to me.

Croker is one of the ****test players to ever wear the jersey. List as follows

And after 3 knee reconstructions ... starting in his 1st grade debut in 2016 at the age of 19 he has manged to play only 33 games in 5 years ... he has never given up and just keeps getting up ... he has been re-signed by both Baz and Dessie and appears to have more courage, heart and determination that most of the team put together ...

He may not be as good a player as you wish him to be ... but not living up to your imagined standards is no reason to disrespect him with that kind of shiite ...

Agree, But Croker was better than Levi at hooker in 2020.

Croker cops it on here. Not sure it's all warranted

He did have a couple of Barry Crockers but we're they whilst playing at 6 he needed to ask questions in attack and just had little.

I have a memory that early in the year before Turbo got injured he came off the bench at 6 and immediately seemed to create more space for Tom and looked good.

Not saying he is a world beater, I just think he probably had one of those years where he most likely trained at 6 and his role was just to make use of Turbo and DCE.

Then finds himself playing hooker at Levi who was signed late never took off.

Then when thrown back into 6 without the stars, just being the link man like he trained was never going to work.

At 9 he's at least solid.
I agree Croker was probably the better hooker for the team last year. But im afraid that speaks more about Levi than Croker, as Croker by late season was a mess as well

Croker seems too nice (and cough, injury prone) to be a good 5/8.

Needs to have more mongrel, like Cust.

Now....if that was all there was to it....................

We'd all have more cheese, I guess.

I like cheese.

War Chest!!

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4