The Kieran Forum

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

How long will Foran last?

• 1 month

Votes: 10 13.5%
  • 2months

Votes: 9 12.2%
  • 3months

Votes: 7 9.5%
  • 4months

Votes: 3 4.1%
  • 5months

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 6months

Votes: 3 4.1%
  • Has the best season since 2011

Votes: 42 56.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

NSW coach Brad Fittler has urged Manly to re-think plans to play Kieran Foran at hooker, after the club announced the premiership hero would return to Sydney's northern beaches.

Foran's return to Brookvale was made official on Monday, however, the club's reunion with the Kiwi has been met with opposition from rising star John Schuster, whose management threatened to ask for a release from the club if there were plans to reprise Foran's premiership-winning halves combination with Daly Cherry-Evans.

It has been reported that coach Des Hasler is considering playing Foran out of position despite concerns the rigors of playing dummy half will severely test his injury-prone body.

The Sea Eagles have cut former New Zealand Test hooker Danny Levi after just one season with the club and their preferred No.9 Manase Fainu has been stood down by the NRL pending court proceedings after he was charged over an alleged stabbing of a man at a Mormon church last October.
Plagiarized from this forum

Schuster will be 5/8.......
I'm not saying Schuster will not be a 5/8, if he retains some sharpness and keeps improving his game he will be a 5/8---i do see the potential of him becoming too big and lacking pace in the future though.

One of the worrying signs of his game i didn't like was of being very kick happy under fatigue---yes you can understand and appreciate young players are a work in progress and bound to make mistakes but in this instance it was more a "fatigued mindset" mentality that was kicking with hope not attacking smarts---or if not fatigued was like many young players coming through who kick way too often using low percentage plays.

Yes Schuster is young, will gain fitness and get used to the speed of first grade---but what we saw in some not all instances was an underlying poor mindset under fatigue showing up, that needs to quickly get out of his game.

Yes as Schuster gains more experience and structures around him he will have more options and structures to call up on to not be as kick happy----but in saying that i still didn't like that part of his game showing up----lacked composure.

Hopefully this attitude doesn't flow into hard training, if so he will soon get shown up.

NSW coach Brad Fittler has urged Manly to re-think plans to play Kieran Foran at hooker, after the club announced the premiership hero would return to Sydney's northern beaches.

Foran's return to Brookvale was made official on Monday, however, the club's reunion with the Kiwi has been met with opposition from rising star John Schuster, whose management threatened to ask for a release from the club if there were plans to reprise Foran's premiership-winning halves combination with Daly Cherry-Evans.

It has been reported that coach Des Hasler is considering playing Foran out of position despite concerns the rigors of playing dummy half will severely test his injury-prone body.

The Sea Eagles have cut former New Zealand Test hooker Danny Levi after just one season with the club and their preferred No.9 Manase Fainu has been stood down by the NRL pending court proceedings after he was charged over an alleged stabbing of a man at a Mormon church last October.
The same person that calls the Foran hooker move playing silly buggers is the same person that wants to play an underdone player coming from injury from just one poor NRL game in the SOO game .

I'm not saying Schuster will not be a 5/8, if he retains some sharpness and keeps improving his game he will be a 5/8---i do see the potential of him becoming too big and lacking pace in the future though.

One of the worrying signs of his game i didn't like was of being very kick happy under fatigue---yes you can understand and appreciate young players are a work in progress and bound to make mistakes but in this instance it was more a "fatigued mindset" mentality that was kicking with hope not attacking smarts---or if not fatigued was like many young players coming through who kick way too often using low percentage plays.

Yes Schuster is young, will gain fitness and get used to the speed of first grade---but what we saw in some not all instances was an underlying poor mindset under fatigue showing up, that needs to quickly get out of his game.

Yes as Schuster gains more experience and structures around him he will have more options and structures to call up on to not be as kick happy----but in saying that i still didn't like that part of his game showing up----lacked composure.

Hopefully this attitude doesn't flow into hard training, if so he will soon get shown up.
Yes I didn't like that either in that Tigers game and in fact it probably cost us the win as we were tearing holes through them by just going through the hands. I would hope that will get coached out of him pretty quick and maturity and time will allow him more judicious use of the kick. He does have that look of potentially being less than perfect at training but time will tell.

Yes I didn't like that either in that Tigers game and in fact it probably cost us the win as we were tearing holes through them by just going through the hands. I would hope that will get coached out of him pretty quick and maturity and time will allow him more judicious use of the kick. He does have that look of potentially being less than perfect at training but time will tell.
Schuster is destined to be a backrower or lock. He is massive and will only get bigger

The same person that calls the Foran hooker move playing silly buggers is the same person that wants to play an underdone player coming from injury from just one poor NRL game in the SOO game .
And the same person that would rather chew glass than ever say anything positive about our club.

And the same person that would rather chew glass than ever say anything positive about our club.
Adolf is not the only one that thinks Foran to dummy half would be good/ could be great ...... Imho it’s worth a try at least, with the whole off season to prepare

TBH, I recall all the experts, including Silvertailian's saying Monaghan to hooker was the worst idea ever for Michael Monaghan, and it worked out a treat for the club !!
God I hope you're right @Ryan. What a brilliant redemption story that would be. There is no doubt that IF FIT he could do it. The problem we all fear is can his body hold up.

God I hope you're right @Ryan. What a brilliant redemption story that would be. There is no doubt that IF FIT he could do it. The problem we all fear is can his body hold up.
Would 40-50 mins a game at hooker be easier than 80 at 5/8 ? I'd say so...
Still not sure he'll actually play there but I'm sure he'd be better than any other option we currently have.

Would 40-50 mins a game at hooker be easier than 80 at 5/8 ? I'd say so...
Still not sure he'll actually play there but I'm sure he'd be better than any other option we currently have.
40-50mins at high intensity vs 80mins of a more steady pace and being able to hide yourself in the defensive line----i think i would pick 5/8 over hooker any day of the week from a "workload" perspective.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4