The Kieran Forum

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

How long will Foran last?

• 1 month

Votes: 10 13.5%
  • 2months

Votes: 9 12.2%
  • 3months

Votes: 7 9.5%
  • 4months

Votes: 3 4.1%
  • 5months

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 6months

Votes: 3 4.1%
  • Has the best season since 2011

Votes: 42 56.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I did have high hopes for Levi, I thought he had potential to be a great buy for us BUT in this instance I think stats don't lie. No try assists, minimal LB assists, no kicks and one of the worst offenders for set restarts. What more info do you need to make an informed decision?
When I said "We knew Levi was no good" was in reference to this year, not prior to him joining us
Jake Friend in a well performing Roosters outfit has only managed two try assists all season with a kick average of 38mtrs and been at the club for over 10yrs, Levi at the Manly site shows 2 try assists also with a poor performing team.

The above is why you have to go beyond the stats to make a better informed decision on the entire teams performance.

Don't get me wrong i'm not saying it wouldn't be great to have more unpredictable/cheeky spark around the ruck but it is not the be all and end all. I see positives in Levi's crisp passing for improved fast direct lateral play and he does have decent one on one first up contact defence and doesn't just hide himself in the defensive line---(well not until he is fatigued---which needs to improve)

On top of that Levi arrived late to the squad and only in his first year with the team, a full offseason and building on understanding what kind of service DCE and Walker prefer, Manly would of seen steady improvement in year 2 without question---now we are back to square one again.

Manly need consistency at a value price with money spent in other areas to beef up depth and talent, i think Levi can offer this.

What you saw in Levi prior to him arriving to Manly doesn't just go away overnight just because of one average season----if you think along those lines all the time you will be chopping and changing most new purchases in year one.

Yeah we all have the right to change our minds on the spot i just think in this instance patience would of allowed for confidence to flourish in Levi and we could of had a steady hooker at a value price.

Manly don't have the financial clout to even retain the best of hookers anyway that most here consider to be "what we need" level. Making good value choices with some compromises so we can improve performance in other areas of the squad will offer more long term gains.

Jake Friend in a well performing Roosters outfit has only managed two try assists all season with a kick average of 38mtrs and been at the club for over 10yrs, Levi at the Manly site shows 2 try assists also with a poor performing team.

The above is why you have to go beyond the stats to make a better informed decision on the entire teams performance.

Don't get me wrong i'm not saying it wouldn't be great to have more unpredictable/cheeky spark around the ruck but it is not the be all and end all. I see positives in Levi's crisp passing for improved fast direct lateral play and he does have decent one on one first up contact defence and doesn't just hide himself in the defensive line---(well not until he is fatigued---which needs to improve)

On top of that Levi arrived late to the squad and only in his first year with the team, a full offseason and building on understanding what kind of service DCE and Walker prefer, Manly would of seen steady improvement in year 2 without question---now we are back to square one again.

Manly need consistency at a value price with money spent in other areas to beef up depth and talent, i think Levi can offer this.

What you saw in Levi prior to him arriving to Manly doesn't just go away overnight just because of one average season----if you think along those lines all the time you will be chopping and changing most new purchases in year one.

Yeah we all have the right to change our minds on the spot i just think in this instance patience would of allowed for confidence to flourish in Levi and we could of had a steady hooker at a value price.

Manly don't have the financial clout to even retain the best of hookers anyway that most here consider to be "what we need" level. Making good value choices with some compromises so we can improve performance in other areas of the squad will offer more long term gains.
So you’d be offering him a contract?

Experience and leadership - Aside from a few this squad is clearly lacking on both fronts. Foran brings plenty of both.
It's obvious Foran is needed for such qualities but you have to be on the field for more than 8-10 games a season to be of worth----also the type of inspirational hard running and defending leadership Foran was known for at Manly in the past no longer exists--it will be more pointing his hands around leadership that may not have as much impact.

Is there any point in having crisp passing if you consistently make the wrong choices?
He made some right choices also along with some beautiful crisp passing that allowed some great plays out wide to flourish and lateral go forward to be seen.

The whole team performed poorly not because of Levi that is for sure.

Coming in late to the squad and being his first year in the team i wasn't expecting miracles anyway, more just a platform to build upon.

He made some right choices also along with some beautiful crisp passing that allowed some great plays out wide to flourish and lateral go forward to be seen.

The whole team performed poorly not because of Levi that is for sure.

Coming in late to the squad and being his first year in the team i wasn't expecting miracles anyway, more just a platform to build upon.
He was making wrong choices today,20 rounds into the season.Think that negates any excuse that he came into the squad late

After 20 rounds, we still don't have a starting hooker that can consistently pass the ball in a timely fashion, directly on to the chest of the ball runner.

The only bloke worse than Levi out of dummy half is Waddell, as we saw today.

4, or was it 5? Warriors tries, came basically before we touched the ball again after Wadells piece of inspired passing.

If Foran can stay on the field f the season he would be worth much more than what is on offer. But I suspect not unlike Turbo we'll have a couple of weeks here & there with a month off in between.. Egg shell players..

If Foran can stay on the field f the season he would be worth much more than what is on offer. But I suspect not unlike Turbo we'll have a couple of weeks here & there with a month off in between.. Egg shell players..
But the depth is there in his position so it’s not as big a risk

I can understand players out for ACL .....but hamstrings and calf injuries should be better managed!

From a story in The Australian just posted (behind a paywall!)

Schuster is obviously hugely important to the future success of Manly,” Foran said.
“He is obviously an enormous talent and someone that can be the future of Manly. So the club has to do whatever they can to make sure he is accommodated and he is under the right coaching and tutelage.
“I am looking forward to meeting him and working with him. Hopefully I can help him grow as a person and a player. If he well and truly capable of doing what he can do, I am sure Dessie will make sure he is wrapped up and the future of Manly.

“If Dessie comes to me and says Schuster’s going to be the six, I will do what is best for the side. I want to win a comp. At the end of the day wherever Dessie thinks myself is going to be best for the side, I will do that.”

Foran is just grateful for another chance. He thought his time at Manly was over when he left five years ago. Now he is back and he couldn’t be happier.

“I am over the moon,” he said. “It couldn’t have worked out better. I feel really excited and grateful for the opportunity to go back to the club where it all started.

“To go back to a club that I have so many great memories with and that I had such success at — it feels like home really to be honest.

“If you asked me 12 months ago whether I would finish up going back to Manly, I would have said I don’t know about that. Just the way it unfolded, it started to grow on me. It excited me.

“In the end, that was where I wanted to be.”

anyone got the parting shot article he gave? Deary me. Talk is cheap Fozzie

However i am glad he is happy to take a back seat. This should be Shusters show.

• 🤝
Reactions: Ned
From a story in The Australian just posted (behind a paywall!)

Schuster is obviously hugely important to the future success of Manly,” Foran said.
“He is obviously an enormous talent and someone that can be the future of Manly. So the club has to do whatever they can to make sure he is accommodated and he is under the right coaching and tutelage.
“I am looking forward to meeting him and working with him. Hopefully I can help him grow as a person and a player. If he well and truly capable of doing what he can do, I am sure Dessie will make sure he is wrapped up and the future of Manly.

“If Dessie comes to me and says Schuster’s going to be the six, I will do what is best for the side. I want to win a comp. At the end of the day wherever Dessie thinks myself is going to be best for the side, I will do that.”

Foran is just grateful for another chance. He thought his time at Manly was over when he left five years ago. Now he is back and he couldn’t be happier.

“I am over the moon,” he said. “It couldn’t have worked out better. I feel really excited and grateful for the opportunity to go back to the club where it all started.

“To go back to a club that I have so many great memories with and that I had such success at — it feels like home really to be honest.

“If you asked me 12 months ago whether I would finish up going back to Manly, I would have said I don’t know about that. Just the way it unfolded, it started to grow on me. It excited me.

“In the end, that was where I wanted to be.”
Surely that cannot be from The Australian, there are far too many grammatical errors.

just sayin’

anyone got the parting shot article he gave? Deary me. Talk is cheap Fozzie

However i am glad he is happy to take a back seat. This should be Shusters show.
Funny how things change in a year.. didnt want to be here even with des at the helm 12 mths ago.. but now all of a sudden wants to.. wonder why

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8