The Kieran Forum

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

How long will Foran last?

• 1 month

Votes: 10 13.5%
  • 2months

Votes: 9 12.2%
  • 3months

Votes: 7 9.5%
  • 4months

Votes: 3 4.1%
  • 5months

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 6months

Votes: 3 4.1%
  • Has the best season since 2011

Votes: 42 56.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Really? Name one. Have any of the current crew, aside from DCE played with Foran. Maybe Marty for NZ? I can't think of any senior players that would want Foran back.

Not aimed at you @The Wheel
Think outside the square feathered friend ....
Foran is a proven and respected player for those that have played with him or against him
Our club has not had a 5/8 of Forans ability since Foran left and I can understand that all our senior players would want a descent 5/8 in our team .

Really? Name one. Have any of the current crew, aside from DCE played with Foran. Maybe Marty for NZ? I can't think of any senior players that would want Foran back.

Sironen said he did in an interview. Schuey can learn some things from him etc.. the boys know he still one of the most respected guys in the comp and would love him here etc etc

I think this year has shown more than ever we need depth. Even if Foran isn't signed we will definitely be on the lookout for more playmakers. No way we can rely on Cust and Schuster... What if Chez gets injured ? What if Chez and Schuster both went down?

Some players are impossible to effectively back up unless you have Politis's unlimited money bag. We've seen that with Turbo and Fainu. Bringing in any experienced player of middling talent, and we've had a lot of those recently, is fine for emergencies, but the long term loss of a star is always going to impact heavily on the team. Imagine the Strm without Cam Smith.

Gone are the days, such as at Manly during the early 80s when you could afford almost two first grade sides. Choosing someone, who is sufficiently talented, experienced, and can be relied upon to remain fairly healthy, is an increasingly difficult task in the modern game. That's why so much more emphasis is placed on the young player, who could be top tier in a few years, but you can get away with paying smaller wages for that period.

Unless you can secure someone exceptional, healthy and experienced on small money, it seems a better bet to go to the younger ranks, pick up a few on the rise, pay them moderate money and have a backup who is more likely to benefit the side than the old broken down soldier who fought too many past battles. Very impersonal I know, but the game is a business now, not a place for long ago memories and charity.

That’s alright I didn’t write it, Just a copy and paste from an article in the Australian

Foran and the Eagles

The cards appear to be falling for Kieran Foran as he eyes off a potential return to Manly. The Sea Eagles will clear much-needed salary cap space when Addin Fonua-Blake leaves the club at the end of the season, but a more promising move for Foran may be Manly’s decision to part ways with hooker Danny Levi.

It is understood Manly coach Des Hasler is pondering a shift for Cade Cust to hooker next season, which would create a vacancy in the Sea Eagles squad in the halves.

Foran looms as an attractive option given he would be available at a reasonable rate and has an affinity with the club. Some of the club’s senior players are known to want Foran back at the club as well. They still appreciate what he can do. Stay tuned
Did you just make that up? Or is there a source?

As I’ve said many times , and sadly so , Foran is an accident waiting to happen.

Look back over the last 5 years , what has he played , 30% of games.

So we pay him say $350k for the year , and he plays what.....6 games maybe.

It’s a massive no from me and I’ll be bitterly disappointed if Des signs him stopping the development of our promising juniors.

As I’ve said many times , and sadly so , Foran is an accident waiting to happen.

Look back over the last 5 years , what has he played , 30% of games.

So we pay him say $350k for the year , and he plays what.....6 games maybe.

It’s a massive no from me and I’ll be bitterly disappointed if Des signs him stopping the development of our promising juniors.
True.. but i guess that's the argument when it comes to the development of our juniors. Shuster and co probably would learn alot from him being around

Foz at the right price can give us the value and experience in the 5/8 position we need
Cust at hooker sounds like a smart move by Des
For those that panic at the risk Foran factor I say life it self is a risk
A fully fit player can have a career ending injury in round one
Once he passes a doctors medical assessment I dont see a problem with the Foran risk factor
Foran at 5/8 has the experience and skill to run our team around with DCE better than all those 5/8s we have had in the past on one leg and one arm tied around his back .
Given his past injuries let’s hope that one leg and one arm is up to scratch !

Personally I'm against signing Foran

That said if we were to pick him up Id get behind the team with him in it and green frame it by saying.

• He'd be cheap
  • He is still very good when he plays
  • Even if he plays 50% of games it is a good way to ease Schuster in.
  • Will allow Walker to go back to centre

Id probably have Schuster in the 15/Jetski role. Play some edge backrow but can cover 5/8 and centre

Thats if we sign Foran....which I'm still against
Hope nope, started well. Now they just blow them too inconsistent. Haven't liked it. Has not improved the game, just made it more confusing
im still on the fence with the 6 again.As you said,it’s too inconsistent and most of the time you have no idea why they ruled them.But on the other hand,the quick decision and continuity of play,limits the amount of time the commentary has to whinge about the ruling.Although it didn’t stop CH9 last night

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4