The Kieran Forum

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

How long will Foran last?

• 1 month

Votes: 10 13.5%
  • 2months

Votes: 9 12.2%
  • 3months

Votes: 7 9.5%
  • 4months

Votes: 3 4.1%
  • 5months

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 6months

Votes: 3 4.1%
  • Has the best season since 2011

Votes: 42 56.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Danny Weidler

Kieran Foran is being strongly linked with a return to the Sea Eagles, but Manly have moved quickly to deny suggestions they will be given outside help to bring him back to the northern beaches.

The Sea Eagles have had to fend off suggestions that the passing of much-loved supporter Brenda Duchen would result in Foran’s homecoming being fast-tracked. Duchen was a huge Foran fan and backed him as a sponsor when he was at the club from 2009-15.

Manly refused to comment on my information that Duchen’s family was about to make a donation to their foundation. They say those dealings are confidential, but made it clear any donation would not carry a caveat that Foran must be signed.
‘‘First of all, I want to say that Brenda was a hugely respected and loved person at our club and we would like to honour her in an appropriate way,’’ Manly chief executive Stephen Humphreys said.

‘‘What transpires between her family and the club is confidential. We do not comment on who donates what to our foundation. That’s between the individual and the club. What I will say is that there is no link between anything that may happen and any player being signed by our club. That can’t happen.’’
Duchen was a highly respected figure in the legal fraternity. She had close relationships with Foran, Api Koroisau and Dylan Walker.
Foran this week paid tribute to her on Instagram.
‘‘I want her family to know how much I respect her,’’ he said. ‘‘We always talked about me going back to Manly and she would ask me all the time if I could make it happen. Obviously if things fell into place and I ended up there again she would be in my thoughts every day I was there. I know it’s what she wanted and of course the move has appeal to me. I don’t know if it’s possible. It would be a lovely way for me to honour her memory and her contribution to my life.’’
The pending departure of Addin Fonua-Blake will free up room in the Sea Eagles’ salary cap for Foran to finish up at Manly, but a deal is yet to be struck.

Danny Weidler

Kieran Foran is being strongly linked with a return to the Sea Eagles, but Manly have moved quickly to deny suggestions they will be given outside help to bring him back to the northern beaches.

The Sea Eagles have had to fend off suggestions that the passing of much-loved supporter Brenda Duchen would result in Foran’s homecoming being fast-tracked. Duchen was a huge Foran fan and backed him as a sponsor when he was at the club from 2009-15.

Manly refused to comment on my information that Duchen’s family was about to make a donation to their foundation. They say those dealings are confidential, but made it clear any donation would not carry a caveat that Foran must be signed.
‘‘First of all, I want to say that Brenda was a hugely respected and loved person at our club and we would like to honour her in an appropriate way,’’ Manly chief executive Stephen Humphreys said.

‘‘What transpires between her family and the club is confidential. We do not comment on who donates what to our foundation. That’s between the individual and the club. What I will say is that there is no link between anything that may happen and any player being signed by our club. That can’t happen.’’
Duchen was a highly respected figure in the legal fraternity. She had close relationships with Foran, Api Koroisau and Dylan Walker.
‘‘I want her family to know how much I respect her,’’ he said. ‘‘We always talked about me going back to Manly and she would ask me all the time if I could make it happen. Obviously if things fell into place and I ended up there again she would be in my thoughts every day I was there. I know it’s what she wanted and of course the move has appeal to me. I don’t know if it’s possible. It would be a lovely way for me to honour her memory and her contribution to my life.’’
The pending departure of Addin Fonua-Blake will free up room in the Sea Eagles’ salary cap for Foran to finish up at Manly, but a deal is yet to be struck.
You can feel its going to happen cant you.. do it for Brenda Manly!

I can't feel it buddy, no matter how hard you WANT it. It is the wrong direction and would not fix any of the problems we have.
Our problems are FAR deeper than Foran at 6...for however many games he would manage playing.
Oh its happening Mr Eagle!
Brace yourself
Not the wrong direction on a 1 year deal on the cheap. He would be good for the younger kids, he can run a team get repeat sets and would strike up a crazy combination with walker and turbo... for 300k he is an absolute bargin. It'll probably be announced shortly after season's end. ;)

Ps I don't care if it doesn't happen. Either way im good. We have the Schu, but who plays if he goes down? Croker? (Insert spew emoji)

just sign him for base salary - $105,000 (i think) & match payments for every game he completes.
i.e. if he played 20 games at say $15,000/game he gets an extra $300,000.
if he only finishes 5 games then he gets an extra $75,000.
if by some miracle managed to play 20 games, with his ability & influence on others we'd be back where we belong, & only paying him just over $400,000 for the season wouldn't be too bad in my eyes

Feels more and more like he's going to end up back here. Some are going to hate it, some are going to love it. He was one of my absolute favourite players back in the day, but I'd prefer it if we were looking forwards as a club rather than backwards. Still, I think he does have some footy left in him and will have something to offer.

But really, given how our luck seems to be running lately, chances are he'll come back, be great for a game or two, then suffer a career-ending injury (probably in a game in which three other players pick up injuries that put them out for the season). We won't be able to medically retire him and we'll be stuck with his salary for the next three years.

That scenario seems way more likely than the reunited Foz, Cherry and Dessie show leading us to another premiership.

Danny Weidler

Foran didn’t seem so interested in her feelings when he left Manly!.......but now that no club wants him he wants to honour her wishes!
yeah nice!

Of course still have to take into account that Schuster and Walker will be available as 5 / 8 contenders next season . Have to say that after yesterday's mostly shambolic efforts in attack and lack of direction however , even Foran on one leg would have been an improvement and a bit of salvation . Not to say that they are not triers but can not see any way how Cust or Croker will be able to do the required job at 6 for next season , Again should be a totally different situation when Schuster and Walker are available but the suggestion of Foran returning does not seem so unappealing after yesterday"s demoralizing outcome .

Maybe foran and walks at 6 and 7 with schuster at 13,
Dce to join the hunt club at 14 and reserve hooker

Cherry has always looked best when he had foran, the stewart boys and jamie lyon doing most of the creating. He is riding on there coat tails still thanks to an 8 year contract

The big questions to be answered are will we get Fozzy. Can we afford to pay what he feels he’s worth. What other underperforming teams are after a proven play maker (the Broncos perhaps). Can he stay on the field and can his body take the strain.

If all of the answers are in our favour than Fozzy could be the heads up playmaker we’ve lacked since Green left. Direction and leadership are the key to turning marginal players into champions. Look at the also rans and B graders who have benefited from playing with the hated Cam Smith.

I had expected Cust to blossom into that play maker this year but, sadly, it appears I was wrong.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4