The Kieran Forum

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

How long will Foran last?

• 1 month

Votes: 10 13.5%
  • 2months

Votes: 9 12.2%
  • 3months

Votes: 7 9.5%
  • 4months

Votes: 3 4.1%
  • 5months

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 6months

Votes: 3 4.1%
  • Has the best season since 2011

Votes: 42 56.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Remembering that we are relying on Schuster who will be a rookie. Find an 80 min hooker and put Foz at #14.

In answer to your two questions, firstly a fully fit Foran is an effective player. Skill is not the issue here, its wear and tear on the body and the fact that for five years now, and every year he has suffered a major injury. That takes its toll on what he can handle. Is he as damaging as he was when he played for Manly 6 years back, no. Does he still have the skills, yes. Danger is we are going to pay for a player who is most likely to play half a year or less, as he has for the past five. It means denying another young player a chance in the squad. Love to have a fully fit Foran and I have no issues at all regarding why he left...that's just business. But do we make the same error, Parramatta made with Watmough, Souths with Glenn Stewart, Manly's lengthy contracts with Brett Stewart, Matai. I can already read the items on this site.

As for Schuster, he's a rookie and there are always risks with rookies, but the dollars are low and the risks are not as great. He's dominated his junior comps, so he has the skill. And its easy to forget a young player snapped out of our NYC side and barely 19, to play first grade, who went on to be the very player we are discussing. Difference is Schuster has even more glowing reports of his junior efforts. Do we deny him that opportunity or risk the position being taken by Foran with the potential of him looking elsewhere. And has Foran ever played hooker? Thats a very tough position, requiring a lot of defence. Not sure he could handle that

Remembering that we are relying on Schuster who will be a rookie. Find an 80 min hooker and put Foz at #14.
I’ve started to come around to the thought of signing Foran,if at the right price.Im a fan of Cust because he has talent and also has a dig.Whilst Schuster has talent,he’s not quite right to be the 6 from start of next season.Like a lot of the young players in the squad,Hopoate&Ben Trbojevic,they need at least a season in NSW Cup to harden them up to playing against experienced players

I’ve started to come around to the thought of signing Foran,if at the right price.Im a fan of Cust because he has talent and also has a dig.Whilst Schuster has talent,he’s not quite right to be the 6 from start of next season.Like a lot of the young players in the squad,Hopoate&Ben Trbojevic,they need at least a season in NSW Cup to harden them up to playing against experienced players

Foran came into the squad straight from the juniors and was just turning 19. Schuster looks to me to be the ideal 5/8 in the Cliff Lyons style, only stronger and a little quicker. He was the star of the junior comp as 5/8 and captained the side. He showed enough in this first game to deserve a chance especially given it will be half a year before we are playing again

I remember Foran was a rookie in 2010, went alright.
I remember DCE was a rookie in 2011, also went alright.
I remember Foran was a rookie in 2010, went alright.
I remember DCE was a rookie in 2011, also went alright.
Foran is/was a completely different type of player to Schuster and Foran’s body started letting him down only 6 years into his career
DCE had a full season in QCup and was 22 when he debuted

Foran is/was a completely different type of player to Schuster and Foran’s body started letting him down only 6 years into his career
DCE had a full season in QCup and was 22 when he debuted

Also there is a fair difference in the team he joined compared to now

In answer to your two questions, firstly a fully fit Foran is an effective player. Skill is not the issue here, its wear and tear on the body and the fact that for five years now, and every year he has suffered a major injury. That takes its toll on what he can handle. Is he as damaging as he was when he played for Manly 6 years back, no. Does he still have the skills, yes. Danger is we are going to pay for a player who is most likely to play half a year or less, as he has for the past five. It means denying another young player a chance in the squad. Love to have a fully fit Foran and I have no issues at all regarding why he left...that's just business. But do we make the same error, Parramatta made with Watmough, Souths with Glenn Stewart, Manly's lengthy contracts with Brett Stewart, Matai. I can already read the items on this site.

As for Schuster, he's a rookie and there are always risks with rookies, but the dollars are low and the risks are not as great. He's dominated his junior comps, so he has the skill. And its easy to forget a young player snapped out of our NYC side and barely 19, to play first grade, who went on to be the very player we are discussing. Difference is Schuster has even more glowing reports of his junior efforts. Do we deny him that opportunity or risk the position being taken by Foran with the potential of him looking elsewhere. And has Foran ever played hooker? Thats a very tough position, requiring a lot of defence. Not sure he could handle that
That's why I'm saying he plays as #14. Not the wear and tear on him. Schuster definitely the #6 but if he goes down or struggles for 80 min then Foz comes in. Fainu isn't there till mid year (maybe) and Levi gone so who is the #9. Cust maybe, Croker please no. So who is the #14 utility. I thought initially no way but I think we need him now. Bargain price too.

That's why I'm saying he plays as #14. Not the wear and tear on him. Schuster definitely the #6 but if he goes down or struggles for 80 min then Foz comes in. Fainu isn't there till mid year (maybe) and Levi gone so who is the #9. Cust maybe, Croker please no. So who is the #14 utility. I thought initially no way but I think we need him now. Bargain price too.
I agree, a few teams have had multiple playmakers out there at times this year. Mixing up 1st, 2nd receivers and dummy halves during the game. It is one area manly looks too old school under the new faster game.

sometimes Melbourne have 2 smiths, Hughes, Munster, Hynes and fullback out there giving options all over the place.

I agree, a few teams have had multiple playmakers out there at times this year. Mixing up 1st, 2nd receivers and dummy halves during the game. It is one area manly looks too old school under the new faster game.
I wonder if the “new faster game” will be in affect next year.Will the NRL persist with the 6 again rule and 1 ref?

Personally I'm against signing Foran

That said if we were to pick him up Id get behind the team with him in it and green frame it by saying.

• He'd be cheap
  • He is still very good when he plays
  • Even if he plays 50% of games it is a good way to ease Schuster in.
  • Will allow Walker to go back to centre

Id probably have Schuster in the 15/Jetski role. Play some edge backrow but can cover 5/8 and centre

Thats if we sign Foran....which I'm still against

we will be relying on Schuster AND Cust. One of them loses out if Foran comes. Cust will not play 80 minutes at 9. He is our 14 for next season... Foran would reduce the progress of one of our young guns... he can stay on the market in limbo for me thanks.
I think this year has shown more than ever we need depth. Even if Foran isn't signed we will definitely be on the lookout for more playmakers. No way we can rely on Cust and Schuster... What if Chez gets injured ? What if Chez and Schuster both went down?

Foran and the Eagles

The cards appear to be falling for Kieran Foran as he eyes off a potential return to Manly. The Sea Eagles will clear much-needed salary cap space when Addin Fonua-Blake leaves the club at the end of the season, but a more promising move for Foran may be Manly’s decision to part ways with hooker Danny Levi.

It is understood Manly coach Des Hasler is pondering a shift for Cade Cust to hooker next season, which would create a vacancy in the Sea Eagles squad in the halves.

Foran looms as an attractive option given he would be available at a reasonable rate and has an affinity with the club. Some of the club’s senior players are known to want Foran back at the club as well. They still appreciate what he can do. Stay tuned

Foran and the Eagles

The cards appear to be falling for Kieran Foran as he eyes off a potential return to Manly. The Sea Eagles will clear much-needed salary cap space when Addin Fonua-Blake leaves the club at the end of the season, but a more promising move for Foran may be Manly’s decision to part ways with hooker Danny Levi.

It is understood Manly coach Des Hasler is pondering a shift for Cade Cust to hooker next season, which would create a vacancy in the Sea Eagles squad in the halves.

Foran looms as an attractive option given he would be available at a reasonable rate and has an affinity with the club. Some of the club’s senior players are known to want Foran back at the club as well. They still appreciate what he can do. Stay tuned
I agree, move Crocker on as well and Jorge and you have Forans wage. Rather Foran as another half option than Crocker

Some of the club’s senior players are known to want Foran back at the club as well.
Really? Name one. Have any of the current crew, aside from DCE played with Foran. Maybe Marty for NZ? I can't think of any senior players that would want Foran back.

Not aimed at you @The Wheel

Foran and the Eagles

Foz at the right price can give us the value and experience in the 5/8 position we need
Cust at hooker sounds like a smart move by Des
For those that panic at the risk Foran factor I say life it self is a risk
A fully fit player can have a career ending injury in round one
Once he passes a doctors medical assessment I dont see a problem with the Foran risk factor
Foran at 5/8 has the experience and skill to run our team around with DCE better than all those 5/8s we have had in the past on one leg and one arm tied around his back .

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4