The Kieran Forum

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

How long will Foran last?

• 1 month

Votes: 10 13.5%
  • 2months

Votes: 9 12.2%
  • 3months

Votes: 7 9.5%
  • 4months

Votes: 3 4.1%
  • 5months

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 6months

Votes: 3 4.1%
  • Has the best season since 2011

Votes: 42 56.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
If we are swapping players, why can't we give them Moses Suli (doesn't Trent love him?)? Play Brad Parker as depth. Get a tall rangey winger like Jason Saab.

01. Tom Trbojevic
02. Jason Saab
03. Albert Hopoate
04. Dylan Walker
05. Reuben Garrick
06. Kieran Foran
07. Daly Cherry-Evans
08. Marty Taupau
09. Manase Fainu
10. Addin Fonua-Blake
11. Curtis Sironen
12. Jake Trbojevic
13. Josh Schuster

14. Cade Cust
15. Taniela Paseka
16. Sean Keppie
17. Haumole Olakau'atu

18. Brad Parker
19. Tevita Funa
20. Lachlan Croker
21. Luke Metcalf
22. Ben Trbojevic
23. Morgan Harper
24. Keith Titmuss
25. Morgan Boyle
26. Toafofoa Sipley
27. Zac Saddler

Released: Jorge Taufua, Brendan Elliott (UK), Moses Suli (Dogs), Jack Gosiewski (Dogs)
Unsigned: Joel Thompson (UK), Danny Levi, Jade Anderson, Corey Waddell (Dogs), Tony Williams

Fixes our lack of pace issue, depth looks great.

Would you feel ok about Foran coming back after cafegate @Ryan?

? Sorry for adding input mate, I'll just piss off again, cheers :(
Nothing against you Ryan.....I’m just tired of the battering the boys are getting & all the negative posts about getting rid of this player & that player will solve all our problems. Almost every post I read is the same & always from the same people.....apologies mate!

He might come good thats the risk isnt it.. with turbo and walker both injury prone who knows what des will do

You're right. However how many do we take on with that risk. With Turbo he's still relatively young, so he'll heal better...but like John Gibbs he may be destined to an early retirement...heaven forbid and you shouldn't say that Bearfax. Walker too is only 25, and as with Turbo he will probably heal better. Trouble with Foran is that he has been plagued by yearly injuries for the past 6 years and he's 30.

Looking back at Brett Stewart, his body started falling apart in his late 20s and perhaps we waited too long when he retired at 31. Same with Matai by 30-31 he was gone, but we held on to 32. Jamie Lyon, reached about 32 but injury took him, and his effectiveness was seriously reduced in his last two years. Players like DCE, Cliffy, Menzies seem blessed with bodies that avoid major injury and so they last longer. But its obvious major injuries take their toll.

Nothing against you Ryan.....I’m just tired of the battering the boys are getting & all the negative posts about getting rid of this player & that player will solve all our problems. Almost every post I read is the same & always from the same people.....apologies mate!
What am I missing here ,You are the guy saying Jake is no good .Wouldn't that be considered negative ????

What am I missing here ,You are the guy saying Jake is no good .Wouldn't that be considered negative ????
Yeah i guess it is Rob......I don’t usually bag any players but lately this get rid of Marty & Walker kinda gets to me & yes I haven’t been impressed with Jake for quite a while. For a player on $900,000 I feel he isn’t worth it...Marty is on much less & for mine a mainstay of our forward pack! Anyway maybe I’m just done with 2020 & the selection policy & the whinging arghhhhj!

Yeah i guess it is Rob......I don’t usually bag any players but lately this get rid of Marty & Walker kinda gets to me & yes I haven’t been impressed with Jake for quite a while. For a player on $900,000 I feel he isn’t worth it...Marty is on much less & for mine a mainstay of our forward pack! Anyway maybe I’m just done with 2020 & the selection policy & the whinging arghhhhj!
I agree with the $$$$
How bad is it, when it appears we have to pay overs to keep our own juniors / existing players.
Paying overs to get them here is one thing, paying overs to keep them.............?

To be honest though mate ,I cant see how anyone can put Walker on any kind of pedestal.
He has been terrible value for money .Yes,you cant help injuries (it's a part of the game)
But he missed a lot of matches through dumb sh!t.
His few blinder matches were way to few and far between.
I don't think he strung three good games together since he has been here.
I've given up on his missed opportunities.

To be honest though mate ,I cant see how anyone can put Walker on any kind of pedestal.
He has been terrible value for money .Yes,you cant help injuries (it's a part of the game)
But he missed a lot of matches through dumb sh!t.
His few blinder matches were way to few and far between.
I don't think he strung three good games together since he has been here.
I've given up on his missed opportunities.
Maybe too many injuries & early silliness screwed him up! I’d love to see him in full flight next season with no injuries or silly suspensions or mental issues. Our backline next year could be amazing & really we don’t need to release anyone.....yet! Forwards if all goes well would be unstoppable & hopefully Fainu playing! Injury & suspension free year would be great also!

Tom
Hoppa
Suli
Walker
Funa
Schuster
DCE
AFB
Fainu
Marty
Olakau’atu
Siro
Jake
Res: Cust, Paseka, Keppie, Waddell

RIGHT , ill just throw this out there for some fun .
I dont want Foz backfirst off , however i would rather sign Benji for a year then Foz ??

Forwards if all goes well would be unstoppable & hopefully Fainu playing!
But Fainu's trial isn't gonna happen until August next year so he'll be stood down virtually the entire season. We need a new hooker and forget about him in 2021 yarts.

But Fainu's trial isn't gonna happen until August next year so he'll be stood down virtually the entire season. We need a new hooker and forget about him in 2021 yarts.
I really hope we can get an exemption due to covid back log, was hoping he would be back for 2021, but if he isn't allowed to resume playing, your right. Its a big hole he's left and we haven't filled it with current roster

I think Foran is worth the risk, he has looked good this year, and may well go on for another couple of years injury free. Knowing our luck with injuries over the past few years probably do his ALC rd one @:oops: Would also bit a bit concerned of his defence and lateral movement. We need to fix our defensive structures in the off season. When he had walker at 6, and parker outside him that worked well

Upside having him in the side though has so many positives. He will provide another attacking option and kicker. He plays like a half and directs the team around the field. He will straighten the attack and allow DCE to play his natural running game, it will take so much pressure off DCE and those two will form a great attacking halves combo. Plus he is a leader on and off the field, plus he has played with manly, Dez and would fit right in.

I think Foran is worth the risk, he has looked good this year, and may well go on for another couple of years injury free. Knowing our luck with injuries over the past few years probably do his ALC rd one @:oops: Would also bit a bit concerned of his defence and lateral movement. We need to fix our defensive structures in the off season. When he had walker at 6, and parker outside him that worked well

Upside having him in the side though has so many positives. He will provide another attacking option and kicker. He plays like a half and directs the team around the field. He will straighten the attack and allow DCE to play his natural running game, it will take so much pressure off DCE and those two will form a great attacking halves combo. Plus he is a leader on and off the field, plus he has played with manly, Dez and would fit right in.
Yeah ..... but what do you do when he is injured again!

let’s face it .... if Foran was a horse you would put him down!

just sayin ’

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7