The Kieran Forum

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details

How long will Foran last?

• 1 month

Votes: 10 13.5%
  • 2months

Votes: 9 12.2%
  • 3months

Votes: 7 9.5%
  • 4months

Votes: 3 4.1%
  • 5months

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 6months

Votes: 3 4.1%
  • Has the best season since 2011

Votes: 42 56.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
For his first game coming off 2 acl injuries and in first grade before he lost his energy there was some strong rounds by him.

Yes he looked our of place at times but for someone who was only in his first game in first grade did not look out of place
Some people are harsh markers.. he went alright up against olam who is a beast and the kid hasn't played in a couple of years. What do you expect from him? A double on debut against the storm? Maybe if dce did SOMETHING! guy made 20 points in supercoach. This shows he did sweet fa all game. Im expecting a massive improvement this wnkd.

Have to find a place for Schuster in the 17 and long term moving forward. Don't know if 6 is a good fit at NRl level. Pretty much just played off the cusp in U/18 and was so big and skillful against boys was just having fun. Would not play as a typical half though, wouldn't get involved a lot but when he did made things happen.

For mine Foran would be a way better fit at 6, as Foran would actually play as another half, direct the team, has a good short kicking game, can straighten the attack. Walker would be good to keep as well though, just needs some space and to play on his right, he is terrible at left centre, he loves to step of his left and go around people on the right, put him at left and he crabs in field too much.

Schuster would look good as a roving lock, and better fill the ball playing of Jake on both sides of the ruck.

Have to find a place for Schuster in the 17 and long term moving forward. Don't know if 6 is a good fit at NRl level. Pretty much just played off the cusp in U/18 and was so big and skillful against boys was just having fun. Would not play as a typical half though, wouldn't get involved a lot but when he did made things happen.

For mine Foran would be a way better fit at 6, as Foran would actually play as another half, direct the team, has a good short kicking game, can straighten the attack. Walker would be good to keep as well though, just needs some space and to play on his right, he is terrible at left centre, he loves to step of his left and go around people on the right, put him at left and he crabs in field too much.

Schuster would look good as a roving lock, and better fill the ball playing of Jake on both sides of the ruck.
Without seeing him play NRL you find it hard to find a place for him?

Some people are harsh markers.. he went alright up against olam who is a beast and the kid hasn't played in a couple of years. What do you expect from him? A double on debut against the storm? Maybe if dce did SOMETHING! guy made 20 points in supercoach. This shows he did sweet fa all game. Im expecting a massive improvement this wnkd.
I am supporting him I think he went really well in his debut

No harsh makers from me.
Can only improve in my eyes

Last edited:
Without seeing him play NRL you find it hard to find a place for him?
what? Don't get what you mean? What I intended was, based on his potential, you would think we would find a place for him in the 17 moving forward, what position I don't know as he hasn't played NRL level yet - but he is very well regarded so you think more than likely he will turn out to be a good one! Just have to wait and see until he gets a few games under his belt against men to see what position suits him best. 5/8 is a tough position, a lot of pressure on you with ball in hand and a lot of defensive work too, hopefully he kills it in both aspects

You're right, it was DCE's fault Olam scored 3 tries on Hoppa's side.

Prepare for the schuster sledging after this game.. im not expecting much straight away. Good to see him debut though
And it's exactly the way all fans should approach these youngsters coming in, regardless of what amazing stuff they did in lower grades. Zero expectations. Just give the kids some experience and exposure to work from. I would expect they are probably not going to set the world on fire in these circumstances and I'm fine with that. If any of them rise above and surprise us, then brilliant. Bonus.

I agree with this. He appears to be another spontaneous ad lib player, and this is not the right compliment to DCE. We know DCE needs an organising half to steady the ship and control the game. Foran is a much better fit for this. Nevertheless, happy to see him getting a run and also looking forward to see where he will fit into the side in the future.

From all reports Schuster can be a star 5/8 but he is still only 19 and will take time in first grade to hit his straps and play at a high level. Considering DCE is aging our window for a premiership with this current spine is 1-2 years. Bringing in Foran is the right move to make and he immediately fills a lot of weaknesses we have which is someone to organise and direct play alongside DCE and provide another solid kicking option to take pressure off DCE and make it harder for defenses to apply kick pressure. Our attack is way to predictable with Turbo currently out because defenses know everything will run through DCE and Manly has no other real threat outside of him.

Schuster will be able to provide a lot of utility off the bench as a ball playing backorder and build up his first grade experience. Once Foran retires he would naturally step into that 5/8 spot.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
7 4 3 49 10
9 5 4 42 10
9 5 4 -14 10
7 3 4 17 8