The Kieran Forum

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

How long will Foran last?

• 1 month

Votes: 10 13.5%
  • 2months

Votes: 9 12.2%
  • 3months

Votes: 7 9.5%
  • 4months

Votes: 3 4.1%
  • 5months

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 6months

Votes: 3 4.1%
  • Has the best season since 2011

Votes: 42 56.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SeaEagleRock8

Sea Eagle Lach
Premium Member
Tipping Member
cutting back at work ?
Quit! Nearly 20 years as a criminal lawyer is enough for me, others can take a turn. Just doing a little teaching and a couple of gardening jobs (because I really need the exercise! lol) (and helping family with a bit of regular childcare, a 6 and a 10 year old for a couple of hours after school each Monday, the highlight of my week for sure :)

Foran is a real leader and in my opinion Manlys best option as captain. His deal has been a masterstroke by Manly, one of the best the club has made in its history. Will be a shame to see him go and I hope that Des and the club has enough time and resources to keep Schuster healthy and turn him into a reliable player who can set up his outside players and hone his more erratic impulses (see Bellamy and Munster)

It worries me because the club hasnt done that with DCE whos propensity to play fast and loose can stifle plays before opportunities are created because the structure isnt there

SeaEagleRock8

Sea Eagle Lach
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Foran is a real leader and in my opinion Manlys best option as captain. His deal has been a masterstroke by Manly, one of the best the club has made in its history. Will be a shame to see him go
I agree.
I know many here are highly sceptical of Manly's chances but with a great batch of young talent and 3 quality experienced professionals (Foz, Marty & Walker) who will be in no doubt that this year is their last realistic shot at a bit more glory ... I'm really looking forward to how the side develops over the next few months.
Foz's steely competitive attitude in particular is a massive plus for this group. (An awful lot different to the way he departed last time!)
Nothing would surprise me this year :)

I agree.
I know many here are highly sceptical of Manly's chances but with a great batch of young talent and 3 quality experienced professionals (Foz, Marty & Walker) who will be in no doubt that this year is their last realistic shot at a bit more glory ... I'm really looking forward to how the side develops over the next few months.
Foz's steely competitive attitude in particular is a massive plus for this group. (An awful lot different to the way he departed last time!)
Nothing would surprise me this year :)
I wont miss Walkers off field issues but he has mongrel like Foran and is a big game player. Marty needs to keep up his running from Tigers game because his rabbitohs performance was terrible

Fibro Eagle

Bencher
Premium Member
Tipping Member
I guess the writing was on the wall for Foz
With Tuilagi coming next year and Guac already tearing it up , Schuster needed to be moved to 5/8 next year . Foz could see his Des already knew this when trying to sign Tuilagi , Good luck to Foz he will get more minutes up there if he stays fit and he will be missed he straightens the team up and has improved DCE once again . But sooner we see Schuster playing 5/8 the better , he is a great talent

Chip and Chase

True Supporter
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Tipping Member
They extended Chez because they new a few clubs would be after him,Foz had only one offer that's why he took it because he was only one injury away from having zero offers
We'll never know now of course, but I doubt that there would have been a "few" clubs lining up to sign him. I certainly don't think that the risk was so high that we have to extend his contract by 2 years now. No wonder his manager jumped at the offer, clearly DCE wasn't confident he'd be getting a decent deal on the open market otherwise he'd have waited it out.

aidos

Reserve Grader
Tipping Member
They extended Chez because they new a few clubs would be after him,Foz had only one offer that's why he took it because he was only one injury away from having zero offers
Not true. Foz had 3 other clubs apart from Manly wanting to sign him. And I don’t remember hearing any clubs lining up to sign DCE.

Marto1970

Reserve Grader
We'll never know now of course, but I doubt that there would have been a "few" clubs lining up to sign him. I certainly don't think that the risk was so high that we have to extend his contract by 2 years now. No wonder his manager jumped at the offer, clearly DCE wasn't confident he'd be getting a decent deal on the open market otherwise he'd have waited it out.
He said he wanted to stay at Manly and Manly made the offer both parties are happy

XV-1

First Grader
In the articles posted the other day it said the titans and 2 other clubs were keen to sign foz but didn’t name the other clubs.

Really. Please name those two other alleged clubs. :)

So much for him wanting to stay at Manly.

Disco

First Grader
Premium Member
Moving on...

So Fifita plays on the right yeah?

And Foz on the left...

Wonder if they will switch Fifita so he gets the Foz treatment

jbb/james

First Grader
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Quit! Nearly 20 years as a criminal lawyer is enough for me, others can take a turn. Just doing a little teaching and a couple of gardening jobs (because I really need the exercise! lol) (and helping family with a bit of regular childcare, a 6 and a 10 year old for a couple of hours after school each Monday, the highlight of my week for sure :)
Congrats, thats very cool. I cant imagine you would want to be a criminal laywer one day longer than you have to, i hope that didnt offend, its just me.

gardening and kids is a great swap. Its kind of my life when you add cooking and silvertails and it sounds like you like to cook anyway. 6 and 10 is a great age because we all need to teach for us and whoever we pass our experiences on too. Its win win. I might have to go back to work next year when my kids in uni, wife reckons i need to annoy others and share my uniqueness with anyone but her for a bit, she reckons thats win win . I would struggle to doubt her

Anyway enjoy ,

You having more time means i better be pretty factual too,

Shoe1

Journey Man
Can you defend fainu?

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
13 10 3 97 24
14 10 4 78 22
13 9 4 110 20
13 8 5 66 20
14 8 6 143 18
13 7 6 81 18
13 7 6 -55 18
14 7 7 37 16
15 8 7 -8 16