The Kieran Forum

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

How long will Foran last?

• 1 month

Votes: 10 13.5%
  • 2months

Votes: 9 12.2%
  • 3months

Votes: 7 9.5%
  • 4months

Votes: 3 4.1%
  • 5months

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 6months

Votes: 3 4.1%
  • Has the best season since 2011

Votes: 42 56.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
If Foran plays past this year he'll join the 200 game club for Manly and one would expect life membership of MWRLFC would inevitably follow. Probably an honour he deserves given his contribution over the years

His form last season was good and if he replicates that this year I wouldn't have a problem with him sticking around.

Finally-fit Foran no longer content to finish up

It worked both ways swoop, their were plenty of occasions where Foran took the pressure of DCE and Turbo as well. Their were certain try scoring plays where only the class of Foran would of enabled that try to be scored. "he'll be targeted and he'll get smashed, ie: him playing for Dogs"..We aren't the Dogs thank god..Foran digs into the line in attack and on most occasions cops punishment, nothing new there. Last season he copped plenty because of his unflinching body on the line style of attack. Foran only missed 2 or 3 matches from memory, for the whole of last season...
thanks for the compliment from Nov 27 DM, noticed that Foran played the entire Trial game against the Raiders, the seasons looking good for Foz and for Manly.

"If you'd said to me 12 months ago if I got through this two years with Manly would I be content? I would have said bloody oath. Now I want more!" Foran said.

Good on Foz - if he can replicate last year, I'm happy for him to stay at Manly. He complements DCE and provides experience to the younger players and a balance to the team.

A great interview with Kieran and thanks C & C!

This is very Interesting in terms of recruitment

In Foran and DCE we have very experienced campaigners both looking to play until 2024
in latu, humphries, weekes, and ackland we have some worthy prospects but a bt away
and schuster in between

i would presume schuster will be quietly hoping for origin to get a shot in the halves minimum

2 oldies on a staggered contract ending in 22 and 23
schuster
at least 2 of the rookies to make appearances next year minimum

Not many hookers in them

its only trials and i sincerely get that but foz did look in control in the trials. imagine him having a massive year and Manly having to cut him due to cap pressure after paying him pittance
would Des do that ?

would Des do that ?
Well, he cut Beaver even though he wanted to play on.
I think Des is loyal on a personal level but quite ruthless with decisions he makes for the betterment of the team.
Regardless, you are right, very difficult decisions coming up. Hope we get it right because we are due for another dynasty, one or two strong years won't cut it!

This is very Interesting in terms of recruitment

In Foran and DCE we have very experienced campaigners both looking to play until 2024
in latu, humphries, weekes, and ackland we have some worthy prospects but a bt away
and schuster in between

i would presume schuster will be quietly hoping for origin to get a shot in the halves minimum

2 oldies on a staggered contract ending in 22 and 23
schuster
at least 2 of the rookies to make appearances next year minimum

Not many hookers in them

its only trials and i sincerely get that but foz did look in control in the trials. imagine him having a massive year and Manly having to cut him due to cap pressure after paying him pittance
would Des do that ?
Des is the master of the backended deal, he'll know how to fit Foran in.

Well, he cut Beaver even though he wanted to play on.
I think Des is loyal on a personal level but quite ruthless with decisions he makes for the betterment of the team.
Regardless, you are right, very difficult decisions coming up. Hope we get it right because we are due for another dynasty, one or two strong years won't cut it!
we are experience poor and potentially losing marty and or dylan walker so probably a consideration will be the halves experience

if foran has a big year we could be spending 2 mill a season on 33 yo halves combo with schuster still biding his time or benched in 2023

foran does have a lot of the skills manly have been missing. Maybe, previosly @SeaEagleRock8 we have chatted about foran transitioning to more playmaker role in his second year due so many good reasons to take it slow last season

after reading this he story you can kinda see from the trials he is keen to give getting another gig a red hot go

we are experience poor and potentially losing marty and or dylan walker so probably a consideration will be the halves experience

if foran has a big year we could be spending 2 mill a season on 33 yo halves combo with schuster still biding his time or benched in 2023

foran does have a lot of the skills manly have been missing. Maybe, previosly @SeaEagleRock8 we have chatted about foran transitioning to more playmaker role in his second year due so many good reasons to take it slow last season

after reading this he story you can kinda see from the trials he is keen to give getting another gig a red hot go
Surely Chez and Foz know their big money years are behind them. Might be overly optimistic but I can see a world where they value prems and legacy over money. If we kept them both for roughly what Chez is on currently we would be in an incredible position, if they want a million each then we say goodbye and bring in Humphreys and Schuster as halves.

Surely Chez and Foz know their big money years are behind them. Might be overly optimistic but I can see a world where they value prems and legacy over money. If we kept them both for roughly what Chez is on currently we would be in an incredible position, if they want a million each then we say goodbye and bring in Humphreys and Schuster as halves.
i was looking at 2023
daly signed for 1.whatever already and it wouldnt be unheard of if foz would command 600k for next if he had a stellar season and showed game management. its a commodity everyone wants. we are approaching dizzy heights

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6