The Kieran Forum

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

How long will Foran last?

• 1 month

Votes: 10 13.5%
  • 2months

Votes: 9 12.2%
  • 3months

Votes: 7 9.5%
  • 4months

Votes: 3 4.1%
  • 5months

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 6months

Votes: 3 4.1%
  • Has the best season since 2011

Votes: 42 56.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Just on Foran - he appeared a little sluggish early season, but the defence was constantly on the back foot, which makes your lateral movement poor...thing is, as fitness and confidence has grown, he has won the trust of his mates who are pushing up with him far more, the old Foran (though a yard slower) is back.
NO player in this competition plays direct footy as well as Foran and Schu, regardless of being a backrower or wherever he plays, will be the biggest beneficiary from this blokes return back home in the long run.
Thing is, with the Ultra fast modern game there are still many teams who play wide early leading to playing sideways and losing rhythm and shape and pretty much disjointed.
Watching the Manly attacking shape you have the unorthodox DCE right edge creating plays pretty much off natural ability and left Foz digging in and creating numbers almost every time with support hot on his heels believing in his ability....add Tom lurking right and left and there's no defensive playbook that can shut down this threat constantly ( if officialled as it has been in 2021 )....Foran is the man you want pushing your team North and this he does.
My point being Foran with his direct , no BS footy ability and competitive nature, has pretty much been a Massive catalyst behind the Manly resurgence and though most are praising his return, I feel his value to the side is up with the most important in this team.

Just on Foran - he appeared a little sluggish early season, but the defence was constantly on the back foot, which makes your lateral movement poor...thing is, as fitness and confidence has grown, he has won the trust of his mates who are pushing up with him far more, the old Foran (though a yard slower) is back.
NO player in this competition plays direct footy as well as Foran and Schu, regardless of being a backrower or wherever he plays, will be the biggest beneficiary from this blokes return back home in the long run.
Thing is, with the Ultra fast modern game there are still many teams who play wide early leading to playing sideways and losing rhythm and shape and pretty much disjointed.
Watching the Manly attacking shape you have the unorthodox DCE right edge creating plays pretty much off natural ability and left Foz digging in and creating numbers almost every time with support hot on his heels believing in his ability....add Tom lurking right and left and there's no defensive playbook that can shut down this threat constantly ( if officialled as it has been in 2021 )....Foran is the man you want pushing your team North and this he does.
My point being Foran with his direct , no BS footy ability and competitive nature, has pretty much been a Massive catalyst behind the Manly resurgence and though most are praising his return, I feel his value to the side is up with the most important in this team.
His direct take the line on and go deep into the line play perfectly complements DCE. He has been a revelation that is for sure. We were totally lost against the Knights without him.

Foran has really surprised me this season not because he is playing well but with his fitness and staying on the field. I was very angry with him for his departure and what followed and because of that I didn't want him back. Further I was concerned that we may lose Schuster. But it has been a revelation seeing the level of creativity in attack spread amongst, DCE, Turbo, Foran and Schuster. Foran is a fierce competitor and a good leader he will make an excellent captain tonight. We need Walker to play well tonight.

Foran has really surprised me this season not because he is playing well but with his fitness and staying on the field. I was very angry with him for his departure and what followed and because of that I didn't want him back. Further I was concerned that we may lose Schuster. But it has been a revelation seeing the level of creativity in attack spread amongst, DCE, Turbo, Foran and Schuster. Foran is a fierce competitor and a good leader he will make an excellent captain tonight. We need Walker to play well tonight.
I think Kieran will be the dominant half tonight. I just hope Walker gets the ball out! He really is a hog.

Given Schusters injuries, fortunate we have Foz...
Funny, I thought it'd be the other way round!
I think he is invaluable at the moment especially considering the coin he is. Having a couple of quality halves is a must. We are always going to lose DCE to origin, or injuries are always a possibilty but having two qualitiy halves in DCE AND Foran, if one goes down we still have someone to steer the ship. In years gone by, if DCE was out we had no one to fill. If DCE is out these days, Foran and Shuster to step up. Very good replacements.

Conspiracy theory? Are you suggesting when they said he was suffering from calf strain it was because he ate it whole?

Ah conspiracy theories,. Where's my 'How to be a Good Qanon Believer' Its just I read somewhere that Des wasn't happy with his weight issues and wanted him to trim down. May have been just another bit of journalistic junket jackassery, but it may also have been a little behind the scenes peek-a-boo. I dont know, just indicating it may be something to do with too many pizzas

As much as I'd like to have seen Marty get the C next to his name I just think Foz has earned it and he has leadership written all over him. Big congrats Foz hope you have one for the scrap book memories. Go Manly.
Definitely deserves it he has been great for us! Love the Foz eeeeeeeey!

Manly reward veteran with new deal​

Kieran Foran has celebrated his return as a Sea Eagle with a new one-year deal.

Manly have decided to take up the option on Foran for next season given how well he has returned since rejoining the club this year.

Foran, 30, returned to Manly this year after stints at Parramatta, Warriors and Canterbury. He captained them in their clash against Canberra on Thursday night.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8