The Kieran Forum

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

How long will Foran last?

• 1 month

Votes: 10 13.5%
  • 2months

Votes: 9 12.2%
  • 3months

Votes: 7 9.5%
  • 4months

Votes: 3 4.1%
  • 5months

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 6months

Votes: 3 4.1%
  • Has the best season since 2011

Votes: 42 56.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Foz has proven to be temperamental and injury prone. If we loose Cust to another club because we sign Foran we may regret it for a decade. Like Ricardo I still remember how Foz dogged it in his last year at Manly.

But I remember how, in his last year with us, when it looked like we might get the spoon, Foz came alive for two games and not only won those games but had the commentators speaking of us as premiership contenders. He can be that good.

Some how I feel like there’s a story narrative playing out here. Prodigal son returns and lifts to team to victory. The fans are resentful and distrusting at first but the hero wins them over. We all carry his weary broken body on our shoulders after the scrappy grand final triumph.

While fate rarely does us any favours I want him back, just so the narrative has a chance to play out. Maybe Cust can play half, Foz can play 5/8 and Cherry can run the oranges. Hopefully he won’t hand them to the wrong team.

I don’t think it’s about forgiving I think it really comes down to “ do we need to buy an injury prone player right at the end of his career “??

That’s the simple question you all have to answer.

there are plenty of up sides
Manly Jr
Has great connection with Dez, will be able to get best out of him
Good relationship with DCE and played together
Leader on and off the field
Game management and short kicking game
Will straighten attack and get edge back rowers and centres into the game
Strengthens the back line with walker back to centre
Can help mentor Cust (cust will still be needed as ultility and back up half anyway)
400k deal is cheap for a half

I don’t think it’s about forgiving I think it really comes down to “ do we need to buy an injury prone player right at the end of his career “??

That’s the simple question you all have to answer.
Who know if he stays injury free?

What I did like when we had Foran playing for manly was we had two geniune play makers on the field at the same time. When one was off their game, or even injured we still had another half that could steer the side around and win the game. We have not had that since, no teams really have had two international halves since Foz and DCE played together.

Could be a disaster, or could turn out to be very effective. Just the idea of having Foz to go too instead of DCE all the time, then add Walker and Tom into that side thats some strike. Suli would hopefully get more ball too as that kid one on one is a powerhouse. Schuster and Jr Hoppa to come through. Not bad?

And if Foran is coming, why not bring over CWN ?;)

I remember when he was paid a lot of money to play football and went on a go slow ... I didn't like that. I wouldn't like him at our club again
There is no doubt that Forans heart was not at the club from Midway 2014 and watching him go through the motions in 2015 was agonizing to watch. I know just what you mean and we need players committed to our cause. That season was such a damaging one for our club. The removal of Toovey, DCE dithering about whether he would stay? Foran signing a contract with the enemy! It was the end of an era for a great team.

There is no doubt that Forans heart was not at the club from Midway 2014 and watching him go through the motions in 2015 was agonizing to watch. I know just what you mean and we need players committed to our cause. That season was such a damaging one for our club. The removal of Toovey, DCE dithering about whether he would stay? Foran signing a contract with the enemy! It was the end of an era for a great team.
DEz wasn't the coach and we had a fractured board. Would be different now

Im glad a few people can remember this bloke essentially "dogging it" whilst wearing a Manly jersey.

The Albury game vs Canberra immediately springs to mind....as a fan, that was a disgrace to the jersey, the club, the history of the place and every player and supporter.

Think that Manly re signing Cust is a fairly clear indication that their interest in foz was pretty limited . Still think that Cust has to improve to be more effective then Walker as a 6 but will have plenty of opportunity to develop his overall game better . Not sure if Phythian is still on the books next year but he seems to have a good range of skills for a 6 , N R L level [ to be consistent ] would be another matter . Collectively some 3 mil in the cap already invested in four Manly backs going forward and not too sure how much savings[ probably very limited too ] from Thommo leaving is going to allow for more high profile signings when there is such a compelling case to keep a guy like Schuster and other promising juniors long term at the club .

I'm fine with Foran coming back for a 1-2 deal.
I think due to his injury history, a contract based on games played is the way to go (if possible).
His direct attack, super kicking game and ultra solid defence would shore up some glaring deficiencies we have today.
He done the wrong thing back in time, but also was integral as 1 of, if not the most important part of our Golden era along with Snake and Watmough.....all would be forgotten pretty quick after some success on the field - if we can get him back...I'll help him unpack his locker at Belmore and drive him home to Brookie.

A few things here

1) People are spewing at how much we are struggling without our starting fullback and 5/8 but want to go sign a 5/8 that is very likely to miss half a season every season????

2) Foran purposely I repeat that PURPOSELY tried to screw Manly over. Without his actions we have DCE on 800k. Yet because we've lost three matches people are keen.

3) His football hasnt been brilliant since 2015

4) Cust resigning doesn't mean he is seen as our long term 5/8, it is a squad game, you dont just have a squad with one half and one 5/8

1594942489676.png

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8