The Kieran Forum

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

How long will Foran last?

• 1 month

Votes: 10 13.5%
  • 2months

Votes: 9 12.2%
  • 3months

Votes: 7 9.5%
  • 4months

Votes: 3 4.1%
  • 5months

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 6months

Votes: 3 4.1%
  • Has the best season since 2011

Votes: 42 56.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
To put in more Aussie terms.....they are paying for the latest top of the line HSV and are getting a clapped out 4cyl Sunbird (how many here actually remember the Sunbird or even know what it was?)
Doesn't it go like.....let's do something awesome like putting a hot V8 in an little light car and call it XU1, winner!. We are on a roll, surely we can't go wrong if we make the car a bit bigger and heavier, call it SLR and put another big V8 in it, even a 202 6, hell why not 186 6 cylinder, people will still flock to buy it. Hey, wow, we are on a roll with this let's drop a 4 cylinder in the same size body and give it a rockin' name that will impress the neighbours, Sunbird it is. The devolution of the Torana.

With Foz I agree with @mbe, his best was probably with us where he was part of a close knit group of similar ability that pushed each other to achieve and not let the group down. Take him out of that, drop him in the Eels, make him a captain, write a stories about him being the best thing since Peter Sterling etc, tough gig. He would have been better going to team with some all-stars like the Storm where he can concentrate on his game without the story always being about him.

To put in more Aussie terms.....they are paying for the latest top of the line HSV and are getting a clapped out 4cyl Sunbird (how many here actually remember the Sunbird or even know what it was?)
Really good analogy esp since Foz is a foreigner and Holden is also a foreign entity.

Doesn't it go like.....let's do something awesome like putting a hot V8 in an little light car and call it XU1, winner!. We are on a roll, surely we can't go wrong if we make the car a bit bigger and heavier, call it SLR and put another big V8 in it, even a 202 6, hell why not 186 6 cylinder, people will still flock to buy it. Hey, wow, we are on a roll with this let's drop a 4 cylinder in the same size body and give it a rockin' name that will impress the neighbours, Sunbird it is. The devolution of the Torana.

With Foz I agree with @mbe, his best was probably with us where he was part of a close knit group of similar ability that pushed each other to achieve and not let the group down. Take him out of that, drop him in the Eels, make him a captain, write a stories about him being the best thing since Peter Sterling etc, tough gig. He would have been better going to team with some all-stars like the Storm where he can concentrate on his game without the story always being about him.
a mint xu1 is worth more than fizz these days;)

Yep, the Sunbird was the lowest of the low for the LX Torana model (the last Torana before the Commodore was introduced).

The V8 XU-1......was it as good as it was cracked up to be? Harry Firth thought so, but those who drove it on the race track (Peter Brock and Colin Bond) weren't convinced. Same brakes as the 6cyl version (lifted from the GTS350 Monaro) and a chassis that was never designed to take the much higher torque of the 5 litre V8. A couple of friends have converted their Torana's to a V8 and found they then had to upgrade the brakes, add extra bracing to strengthen the chassis and had to do a complete upgrade of the suspension to handle it all.

The reality is that Dogs have bought themselves a broken down player who probably still has all the skills, but no longer has the body or mental capacity to use them to their full effect.

Des saw his first car sitting in a car park and approached the owner about buying it back. The owner, knowing its best days were long gone was only too happy to sell but managed to con him into paying 5 times more than it was worth.

Thus the Dogs have signed Foran.

Yep, the Sunbird was the lowest of the low for the LX Torana model (the last Torana before the Commodore was introduced).

The V8 XU-1......was it as good as it was cracked up to be? Harry Firth thought so, but those who drove it on the race track (Peter Brock and Colin Bond) weren't convinced. Same brakes as the 6cyl version (lifted from the GTS350 Monaro) and a chassis that was never designed to take the much higher torque of the 5 litre V8. A couple of friends have converted their Torana's to a V8 and found they then had to upgrade the brakes, add extra bracing to strengthen the chassis and had to do a complete upgrade of the suspension to handle it all.

The reality is that Dogs have bought themselves a broken down player who probably still has all the skills, but no longer has the body or mental capacity to use them to their full effect.
My first car was a sunbird.
Your description is complimentary !!

Foran should never have turned his back on our great club. He had the keys to the city and embodied the Manly culture...he is a Manly person...I feel like he is a lost soul that will never find himself again because he burned his house down with his family inside it.

So the Fiz signs with the Bulldogs to reunite with Ha$ler.

And in the 1st of November De$ gets sacked.

Oh gee willikers I can see this going down well for the Dogs!

If Ha$ler goes then I believe Foran might not end up with the dogs. My understanding is that his contract is on provisional registration by the NRL on the basis that the dogs comply with salary cap for 2018. That may be the way forward for the dogs to reneg on the deal should Ha$ler be shown the door. Anyway glad it's their problem and not ours.

No he signed to be near his family. Lol.

I asked Paul Kent if he had a 'get out' clause, and the answer was a definite NO.

Foran should never have turned his back on our great club. He had the keys to the city and embodied the Manly culture...he is a Manly person...I feel like he is a lost soul that will never find himself again because he burned his house down with his family inside it.
So sad...but very true. The Manly curse in full effect. I used to love this guy.

Our mate Foz's take on the Hasler situation...

KIERAN Foran is not trying to tell the Canterbury Bulldogs how to run their business.

But the club’s star signing for 2018 can’t understand why there is so much speculation over the future of the man who coaxed him to Belmore — coach Des Hasler.

“I’d be lying if I said I wouldn’t be disappointed if Des isn’t there next year,” Foran said.

“I don’t have a clause or anything in my contract but really I’m hoping he’s there.

b38ac666e6a3f82dbc8b0db88e83ac58

Warriors pivot Kieran Foran is on his way to the Bulldogs next season. Picture: Getty Images
WHAT’S THE BUZZ: Saint, sinner, shoosh

“I’m coming back to Sydney first and foremost to be with my children but Des was a big reason, too.”

Foran won a premiership at the Manly Sea Eagles under Hasler back in 2011.

He has been lured to Belmore as chief playmaker to fix the worst attack in the NRL.

“At the moment I’m only worried about finishing the year strongly at the Warriors,” he said.

“But you’ve asked me about next year. I find it hard to believe they’d be thinking of replacing him.

3a1b1e40be9b98a840b93ff37ebac8ba

Canterbury Bulldogs coach Des Hasler is under immense pressure. Picture: Gregg Porteous
“You’ve got to bring in someone better. If it was Craig Bellamy available to come you could understand there’s a debate, but Des has taken them to two grand finals and I know he’s a great coach.

“Surely he’s earned the respect to have one lean year.”

Your columnist understands Wests Tigers front-rower Aaron Woods feels the same way.

He signed at the Bulldogs because he not only wanted to play alongside his great friend Dave Klemmer, but also wanted to be coached by Hasler.

The Bulldogs board will make a final decision on Hasler’s future at the end of the season.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...y/news-story/2d9b88181345bd8af741550b0f7b4282

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6