The Kieran Forum

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

How long will Foran last?

• 1 month

Votes: 10 13.5%
  • 2months

Votes: 9 12.2%
  • 3months

Votes: 7 9.5%
  • 4months

Votes: 3 4.1%
  • 5months

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 6months

Votes: 3 4.1%
  • Has the best season since 2011

Votes: 42 56.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

HappilyManly

Journey Man
Club now in box seat to keep star pivot
  • MANLY DAILY
  • JUNE 24, 2015 6:14PM
  • Geoff Toovey

PLENTY has been said the past few days about Kieran Foran’s contract situation beyond this year.

It seems everyone has an opinion on where he will end up – I guess that is the nature of the beast in our current climate.

Anyone who knows me will tell you I don’t talk about individual player contracts, but I will say this – the club will do everything in its power to retain him.

Kieran was a standout in our under-20 team after we recruited him from North Sydney.

You could tell early in the piece he had all the attributes to succeed at NRL level.

story-fngr8iii-1227413317177

I remember Kieran’s first-grade debut against the Canberra Raiders at Brookvale Oval in 2009.

He scored with his second touch and oozed class.

Since then “Foz” has won a premiership in 2011 and captained the Kiwis.

Not bad for a 24-year-old.

Plenty of people have earmarked him as a future Manly captain – if he agrees to a new “lifetime” deal for 2016 and beyond, you would think it will be a formality once Jamie Lyon retires.
==========================================
Why would Manly make a turncoat the Captain? :mad:

manlyfan76

There is no A.I. Just better computers
If Foz does not go to parra his phone call to tell boChoc shoukd be done live on the radio so we can all enjoy the beautiful bitter taste of boChocs tears. Followed by chocs call to foz's mrs... "But you promised karma!"

HoldenV8

Journey Man
Club now in box seat to keep star pivot
  • MANLY DAILY
  • JUNE 24, 2015 6:14PM
  • Geoff Toovey

PLENTY has been said the past few days about Kieran Foran’s contract situation beyond this year.

It seems everyone has an opinion on where he will end up – I guess that is the nature of the beast in our current climate.

Anyone who knows me will tell you I don’t talk about individual player contracts, but I will say this – the club will do everything in its power to retain him.

Kieran was a standout in our under-20 team after we recruited him from North Sydney.

You could tell early in the piece he had all the attributes to succeed at NRL level.

story-fngr8iii-1227413317177

I remember Kieran’s first-grade debut against the Canberra Raiders at Brookvale Oval in 2009.

He scored with his second touch and oozed class.

Since then “Foz” has won a premiership in 2011 and captained the Kiwis.

Not bad for a 24-year-old.

Plenty of people have earmarked him as a future Manly captain – if he agrees to a new “lifetime” deal for 2016 and beyond, you would think it will be a formality once Jamie Lyon retires.
==========================================
Why would Manly make a turncoat the Captain? :mad:

So despite the fact that there is supposed to be a rift between Tooves and Foran and the fact that his own job is under pressure as a result of this (and other things), Tooves is still plugging for the club to keep him if they can and is touting him as a future club captain.

Says a lot about Tooves as a person doesn't it.

Budgie

In for the long haul.
2016 Tipping Competitor
Tipping Member
Heard Andrew Webster on BSB talking about the situation and how Foz'' management has gone to the NRL for salary cap exemption. The interesting part was that third party agreements are hard for anyone to get for Foz because he's such a quiet bloke who doesn't like the limelight. He explained how DCE courts it and that's why it was easier for Manly to land Fox, Telstra, and ANZ for his TPAs.
FWIW I reckon he'll stay with us. Things that have changed:
Parra have behaved like morons.
Choc no longer around to influence him on a daily basis.
New coach coming.
Relationship with Tooves seems improved.
And
BOZO.

Last edited:

Loobs

Living in the demountable.
Another thing he's gotta remember is if he goes to Parra on a four year deal, year one is a write off - bottom of the table locked in. And with the current financial situation and poor play, they aren't high on anyones list as far as recruiting goes. So BA is going to have to be able to polish up the turd into a pricesless diamond or he's wasting 4 years of what should be his prime.

Last edited:

Sea Eagles Rock U

Reserve Grader
So despite the fact that there is supposed to be a rift between Tooves and Foran and the fact that his own job is under pressure as a result of this (and other things), Tooves is still plugging for the club to keep him if they can and is touting him as a future club captain.

Says a lot about Tooves as a person doesn't it.
I don't get the so called Toovey Foran rift. At the cocktail party a couple of weeks ago We were chatting with Toovey and there were a heap of players around us but he made a point of introducing us to Keiran. Didn't seem like there was any angst there at all. Maybe all this stemmed from Choc? I have no idea but I just didn't see any problem between them.

Last edited:
We can only hope Kieran's word is his bond and he leaves next year. No matter how good he is on his day, i dont want players in the team who are reluctant to be there. The moment he disrespected Tooves (and immortal Joey) by saying he wanted to be coached by someone who will take his game to the next level - and then signed with Parra - he lost me. That didnt need to be aired in the public - that was a kick square in the nuts of Toovs. But of course the media didnt pull up their little darling who can do no wrong. Fk him off i say, beat it. Don't let the door hit you on the way out Fozzy

FWIW I reckon he'll stay with us. Things that have changed:
Parra have behaved like morons.
Choc no longer around to influence him on a daily basis.
New coach coming.
Relationship with Tooves seems improved.
And
BOZO.
That may be so, however if he is going to stay, the disrespectful little turd must make a public apology stating he was wrong and as it turns out Tooves/Joey are the coaches to take his game to the next level, as well as being the best option for his family.
That shouldnt be a problem for someone who values integrity and morals so highly.

Ralphie

Bencher
Premium Member
We can only hope Kieran's word is his bond and he leaves next year. No matter how good he is on his day, i dont want players in the team who are reluctant to be there. The moment he disrespected Tooves (and immortal Joey) by saying he wanted to be coached by someone who will take his game to the next level - and then signed with Parra - he lost me. That didnt need to be aired in the public - that was a kick square in the nuts of Toovs. But of course the media didnt pull up their little darling who can do no wrong. Fk him off i say, beat it. Don't let the door hit you on the way out Fozzy
It's all good, he will go.

Peter C

Bencher
Something must be wrong at Manly in Foran's eyes, Parra tried to shaft him good and proper and he's thoroughly pissed off, yet he still looks like rejecting Manly's much increased contract and accept a Parra deal, "gee Brad Arthur must be good at something?."

globaleagle

01100111 01100101
Staff member
Premium Member
Tipping Member
I don't get the so called Toovey Foran rift. At the cocktail party a couple of weeks ago We were chatting with Toovey and there were a heap of players around us but he made a point of introducing us to Keiran. Didn't seem like there was any angst there at all. Maybe all this stemmed from Choc? I have no idea but I just didn't see any problem between them.

I find this hard to believe.......

Footy players at a cocktail party??????

What's the world coming to?

:giggle:

Said it before....if he stays (and not many doubt his talent) will he want to put in week after week or will we be spending hours and hours on managing the emotions of just one man?

At least dce always wanted to play for Manly.

Loobs

I find this hard to believe.......

Footy players at a cocktail party??????

What's the world coming to?

:giggle:

Said it before....if he stays (and not many doubt his talent) will he want to put in week after week or will we be spending hours and hours on managing the emotions of just one man?

At least dce always wanted to play for Manly.
Exactly. One Joe knew it was on a deal was drawn up, signed and lodged within hours.

SeaEagleRock8

Sea Eagle Lach
Premium Member
Tipping Member
"Plenty of people have earmarked him as a future Manly captain – if he agrees to a new “lifetime” deal for 2016 and beyond, you would think it will be a formality once Jamie Lyon retires." (Toovey quote)
Did any DCE captaincy aspirations just take a hit? Lol, probably not, as everyone knows Tooves won't be coach in future.

As for that million dollar payout clause if Foran was to leave the Eels... if that is for damage to his reputation by being associated with a basket place club, recent events show his management should have bargained for a much higher figure, more like 2 million.

I think he will go to the Eels. Anything else would be tantamount to abandoning a sinking ship, and his media status as man-of-principle almost demands he go down with said ship. He will give it a shot there for a year or two and then have another bidding war for his services.

I hope he stays at Manly. Too many good judges (Toovey, Fulton, Arko, etc) believe he adds value to our cause so I simply don't buy all the anti-Foz rhetoric found on ST.

weev

Bencher
Something must be wrong at Manly in Foran's eyes, Parra tried to shaft him good and proper and he's thoroughly pissed off, yet he still looks like rejecting Manly's much increased contract and accept a Parra deal, "gee Brad Arthur must be good at something?."
Kieran will realise - the hard way - the meaning of 'grass is greener...'

Some of these players just think they are bigger than our club, and so should be moved to the club which has become the land of egos.

Loobs

Did any DCE captaincy aspirations just take a hit? Lol, probably not, as everyone knows Tooves won't be coach in future.

As for that million dollar payout clause if Foran was to leave the Eels... if that is for damage to his reputation by being associated with a basket place club, recent events show his management should have bargained for a much higher figure, more like 2 million.

I think he will go to the Eels. Anything else would be tantamount to abandoning a sinking ship, and his media status as man-of-principle almost demands he go down with said ship. He will give it a shot there for a year or two and then have another bidding war for his services.

I hope he stays at Manly. Too many good judges (Toovey, Fulton, Arko, etc) believe he adds value to our cause so I simply don't buy all the anti-Foz rhetoric found on ST.
The ST rhetoric is just a by product of what happened at the back end of last year. We are co summers of their product and as consumers they (read the Choc/Foz faction) made a concerted effort to ensure the product was ****-house and sabotaged a minor premiership and title shot.

SeaEagleRock8

Sea Eagle Lach
Premium Member
Tipping Member
The ST rhetoric is just a by product of what happened at the back end of last year. We are co summers of their product and as consumers they (read the Choc/Foz faction) made a concerted effort to ensure the product was ****-house and sabotaged a minor premiership and title shot.
Yes that is precisely the line you peddle but I don't buy.

• 🤝
Reactions: Rex

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
13 10 3 97 24
14 10 4 118 22
14 10 4 78 22
13 8 5 66 20
14 8 6 143 18
13 7 6 81 18
13 7 6 -55 18
14 7 6 42 17