The Kieran Forum

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

How long will Foran last?

• 1 month

Votes: 10 13.5%
  • 2months

Votes: 9 12.2%
  • 3months

Votes: 7 9.5%
  • 4months

Votes: 3 4.1%
  • 5months

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 6months

Votes: 3 4.1%
  • Has the best season since 2011

Votes: 42 56.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

wescliffy

Reserve Grader
What's the cap going up got to do with anything? You do realize DCE's deal goes up with the cap.
The cap going up doesn't mean we have more money to spend it means DCE and ridiculously (potentially) Foran get more money.

Not necessarily Foran, his deal might be different there has only been speculation

Lil_wayne

Reserve Grader
Kieran Foran to honour Eels deal, declining Sea Eagles’ late bid to retain Kiwi five-eighth

KIERAN Foran is expected to decline a multi-million lifetime contract with the Manly Sea Eagles, with Parramatta positioned to salvage a deal with the Kiwi Test five-eighth.

Eels coach Brad Arthur and head of football operations Daniel Anderson have been forced into an uneasy truce, with the duo attempting to put aside ongoing professional animosity to try and salvage bringing the Kiwi Test five-eighth to the Eels next season.

Arthur has been in regular telephone contact with Foran, attempting to convince the Manly five-eighth that despite the Eels appearing like a complete basket case, he should still join them on a four-year contract.

Power clubs Sydney Roosters and Canterbury closely monitoring the situation and ready to strike.

While Manly strategic consultant of football and rugby league Immortal Bob Fulton has crunched the numbers and was prepared to offer Foran an even bigger contract than Daly Cherry-Evans, the five-eighth is eyeing the Roosters or the Bulldogs.

The hook at the Roosters is the great friendship between Foran and Tricolours club captain Mitchell Pearce, with the duo attending North Sydney’s Marist College together as teenagers.

The Kiwi Test five-eighth and the NSW Origin halfback has always stated a desire to play together in the NRL at some point, with Roosters powerbrokers holding preliminary discussions late last year.
But the Tricolours opted never to seriously enter the race for Foran’s signature then, with the five-eighth hellbent on linking with the Eels to be coached by Brad Arthur.

The Bulldogs were also heavily interested in signing Foran prior to the announcement he was joining the Eels, with coach Des Hasler enjoying a father-son style relationship with him.

The pair won a premiership together at the Manly Sea Eagles in 2011, before Halser attempted to get Foran to Canterbury-Bankstown for the 2013 season.

Foran was so close to signing with the Bulldogs he even went to dinner at Hasler’s home to personally deliver the news about why he was remaining at Manly.

Both the Roosters and the Bulldogs would need to make some roster adjustments in order to accommodate Foran, with the Tricolours having already let star players James Maloney and Roger Tuivasa-Scheck go for next season.
Winger Daniel Tupou is also off-contract and unlikely to remain, while the club could also opt to allow a couple of other players to depart on early releases to take up better opportunities elsewhere.

At Canterbury NSW Origin halfback Trent Hodkinson has been told he is free to test his market value, with the No. 7 expected to join either the Newcastle Knights or the Gold Coast Titans.

Foran’s agent, Paul Sutton, held a meeting with salary cap auditor Jamie L’Oste-Brown at NRL headquarters on Wednesday to check whether the contract signed by ex-CEO Scott Seward, including the $1 million get-out clause, still stood.

The Daily Telegraph can reveal Parramatta head of football operations Anderson was sent a signed copy of this version of the contract on May 13, meaning the Eels should have been aware of its contents from then on.
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...kiwi-five-eighth/story-fnp0lyn3-1227413419576

Good news would have been absolutely ridiculous to sign two players over a million dollars.

This journo normally knows what's going on hope he's correct.

lol we are not even in his top three for option.

JenEagle

Bencher
Tooves on 360 stated that Foran is very disappointed at what has happened with the contract he signed. James Hooper thinks Foran will still go to the eels. I think the only hope of that is that no one else can afford him at this stage.

Go manly

Bencher
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Cmon guys and gals
As someone else has said
Let's enjoy the process and remember there is only one club who are truely silver tails and that's us

If we now want foz and DCE we will get them
The roosters try and souffs are just a bunch of Hollywood flash in the pans who will fall back in the gutter but silver tails no

The dogs are a fraud since the bulldog passed ,the Broncos pretend and the Sharks will flash money like a cheap fucn pick pocket

The Tigers lure kids with cheap lollies and the dragons offer fools gold

I am a silver tail ,I love being a silver tail and always will and the only thing more certain than that is that there will never be another who can take our place no matter how hard they try

Bozo 2v will have a plan and we just have to wait for the show to start
Trust me this time

Fuc I hope foz signs and everyone other Muther plucker team just shakes their head and says oh fuc
Here they come
There is smoke coming out of the chimney and decisions are made
Go Manly

simon64

It's not a lie, if you believe it.
Premium Member
Tipping Member
I think the only reason Foran may actually end up at the Squeels is if Manly are not in a position to offer him the same sort of coin.

If he's not soiling himself at the prospect of playing for that basket case of a club, he hasn't fully grasped the severity of the situation.

To say I'd be spewing if I was him is putting it lightly. They knew what was in that contract before the Round 13 deadline and waited until now to raise it. The very definition of Machiavellian.

My gut feel is he will still go but if I was him I'd be waiting for the phone to ring hoping it was Bozo on the other end.

Last edited:
Toovey was on Johnny Gibbs' show just before 8.

Anyone actually catch it ?

Steve Sharp on Sterlo doesn't seem like he's got any idea what's going on.
Hahahahaha spot on mate is sharpie for real it's as if he become ceo overnight without any facts.Sounded like he didn't want to say to much to avoid embarrassment if foz backflips.

Daddycool

Reserve Grader
I'd be shocked if he stayed at Manly. He made his decision to leave months ago and even though the circumstances have changed, I doubt his original thought processes have. Mentally he's been preparing to play for the Eels for a while and even though they're falling apart, as long as they pay him most of his original contract, I can see him staying.

That doesn't mean it's necessarily a smart decision but he wouldn't be the first decent player to go to the Eels for a payday. As others have said, if he's not going to play for us, better he go to a weak club than one of the stronger ones.

SeaEagleRock8

Sea Eagle Lach
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Sharp will be on Sterlo tonight :confused:

Sharp's appearance on Sterlo was as convincing as a dodgy used car salesman. That he was followed on the program by an interview with Ken Arthurson only served to highlight the difference between the two clubs.

I'll be surprised if that British billionaire doesn't weigh in with an offer too good for Foran's family to refuse.

JenEagle

Bencher
Agreed - that's the irony of all those parra trolls - drop bear, chief etc.

Obviously we would love him to stay but it's not really possible so best he goes to the eels rather than the dogs or roosters.

The eels are an absolute shambles and will probably start next season on minus 4 so best he helps them avoid the spoon rather than helps the dogs or roosters in a semi against us next year.

If we're tabling him an offer he'll be staying i reckon.I'm sure the club know what they're doing there's no way they would be wasting there time if they weren't able to sign him. Besides how do we know??maybe we'll be releasing a few players to keep him,that way we free up some money there.

JenEagle

Bencher
Don't get me wrong I'd love him to stay but I would be concerned about the long term sal cap ramifications.

Building a monster pack around dce and signing a gun young half like Ash Taylor or Te Maire Martin is a pretty sound plan.

There are also more turbos and Hoppa's coming through.

Chip and Chase

True Supporter
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Sharp's appearance on Sterlo was as convincing as a dodgy used car salesman. That he was followed on the program by an interview with Ken Arthurson only served to highlight the difference between the two clubs.

I'll be surprised if that British billionaire doesn't weigh in with an offer too good for Foran's family to refuse.
LOL. He looked like he'd parked his taxi out the front, turned off the meter and threw a tie on to do the interview. Sterlo obviously not a fan of his work.

Arko interview on the other hand was great. I get the feeling though that he knows that Tooves is a dead man walking as much as he claims he has no inside info.

Found this online

Attachments

• foran_zps2tvtowoe.jpg
    foran_zps2tvtowoe.jpg
    15.4 KB · Views: 54

killerspud

Reserve Grader
gee how lonely and crap would Choc be feeling right now,not good
Nah f*** him, i respected the guy until i realised he was Manly's poison and to declare he hates manly after becoming a life member and lets not forget him stating Manly's toxic, bet its not as toxic as the sht his injecting in his face. Look at us now, he should have known better. WE ARE MANLY and we always win in the end he gave up the privilege to play for us because he believed he was bigger than the club, big mistake.And we saved 800k+, ha.

Lyonstomenzies

Bencher
Premium Member
If Foran honours his deal to Parra he would be feeling it from game 1. The pressure he would be under to deliver a premiership would be huge, also with the amount of injuries he gets you can just see the Eels fans turn as soon as he had a few weeks out.

eaglebuzz

Bencher
I can't see him wanting to be there, even if he goes I think he'll be regretting it.

But given our cap situation you'd have to think the dogs are the most likely contender. We can fit him in, but a lot of guys will have to be let go to make it happen.

globaleagle

01100111 01100101
Staff member
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Hard to work out what's going on.We need to hear from all those that were absolutely certain we'd lost dce and lambasted anyone saying otherwise, for a guide to things.

I was reading 'insert journo disclaimers here' that the club deliberately waited until the June 13 deadline had past before negotiating with foz about certain clauses. If that's the case, why would such a man being bitten by Karma of unquestionable honour want to play for such a deceitful club? It can't be just for the Dalai, because Arthur is also accepting of his club's practises by staying there.

If foz values honour, he should make other arrangements.

Loobs

Living in the demountable.
Kieran Foran to honour Eels deal, declining Sea Eagles’ late bid to retain Kiwi five-eighth

KIERAN Foran is expected to decline a multi-million lifetime contract with the Manly Sea Eagles, with Parramatta positioned to salvage a deal with the Kiwi Test five-eighth.

Eels coach Brad Arthur and head of football operations Daniel Anderson have been forced into an uneasy truce, with the duo attempting to put aside ongoing professional animosity to try and salvage bringing the Kiwi Test five-eighth to the Eels next season.

Arthur has been in regular telephone contact with Foran, attempting to convince the Manly five-eighth that despite the Eels appearing like a complete basket case, he should still join them on a four-year contract.

Power clubs Sydney Roosters and Canterbury closely monitoring the situation and ready to strike.

While Manly strategic consultant of football and rugby league Immortal Bob Fulton has crunched the numbers and was prepared to offer Foran an even bigger contract than Daly Cherry-Evans, the five-eighth is eyeing the Roosters or the Bulldogs.

The hook at the Roosters is the great friendship between Foran and Tricolours club captain Mitchell Pearce, with the duo attending North Sydney’s Marist College together as teenagers.

The Kiwi Test five-eighth and the NSW Origin halfback has always stated a desire to play together in the NRL at some point, with Roosters powerbrokers holding preliminary discussions late last year.
But the Tricolours opted never to seriously enter the race for Foran’s signature then, with the five-eighth hellbent on linking with the Eels to be coached by Brad Arthur.

The Bulldogs were also heavily interested in signing Foran prior to the announcement he was joining the Eels, with coach Des Hasler enjoying a father-son style relationship with him.

The pair won a premiership together at the Manly Sea Eagles in 2011, before Halser attempted to get Foran to Canterbury-Bankstown for the 2013 season.

Foran was so close to signing with the Bulldogs he even went to dinner at Hasler’s home to personally deliver the news about why he was remaining at Manly.

Both the Roosters and the Bulldogs would need to make some roster adjustments in order to accommodate Foran, with the Tricolours having already let star players James Maloney and Roger Tuivasa-Scheck go for next season.
Winger Daniel Tupou is also off-contract and unlikely to remain, while the club could also opt to allow a couple of other players to depart on early releases to take up better opportunities elsewhere.

At Canterbury NSW Origin halfback Trent Hodkinson has been told he is free to test his market value, with the No. 7 expected to join either the Newcastle Knights or the Gold Coast Titans.

Foran’s agent, Paul Sutton, held a meeting with salary cap auditor Jamie L’Oste-Brown at NRL headquarters on Wednesday to check whether the contract signed by ex-CEO Scott Seward, including the $1 million get-out clause, still stood.

The Daily Telegraph can reveal Parramatta head of football operations Anderson was sent a signed copy of this version of the contract on May 13, meaning the Eels should have been aware of its contents from then on.
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...kiwi-five-eighth/story-fnp0lyn3-1227413419576

Good news would have been absolutely ridiculous to sign two players over a million dollars.

This journo normally knows what's going on hope he's correct.

lol we are not even in his top three for option.
Someone should tell Bozo to put the calculator away and go for a walk for five minutes.

More than DCE would be insanity. The same could probably be justified even though the majority still think that would be insanity too. I still think about 600 a year for 3 years is enough for Foran...

Team P W L PD Pts
13 10 3 97 24
14 10 4 118 22
14 10 4 78 22
13 8 5 66 20
14 8 6 143 18
13 7 6 81 18
13 7 6 -55 18
14 7 6 42 17
14 7 7 37 16
15 8 7 -8 16
14 7 7 -50 16