The Kieran Forum

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

How long will Foran last?

• 1 month

Votes: 10 13.5%
  • 2months

Votes: 9 12.2%
  • 3months

Votes: 7 9.5%
  • 4months

Votes: 3 4.1%
  • 5months

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 6months

Votes: 3 4.1%
  • Has the best season since 2011

Votes: 42 56.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MANLY4LIFE

Bencher
Surely having snagged DCE ,the nrl wont be looking to do us any favours in also keeping FORME,UNCLE GREENTURD will try his best to get him at the scumdogs .

Loobs

Living in the demountable.
This is exactly what Manly did from 2004. A couple of overpriced Players (BK,Lyon,Kite etc), a rookie coach (Dez) and the ten year domination began.:mm:

There are plenty of Scumo Players that never made it under Bellamy. They only reference the successful set - Gorgeous George came back to the Dragons much worse.@:rolleyes:

No Team has their Cap split evenly across the top 25 Players.

They are just worried that the death riding of Manly is futile :giggle:
Correct. We had Lyon and then Orford on top dollar, BK as vet leadership and then youth.

So now we'd have Foz and DCE, Myles in the BK role and some exciting youngsters coming through.

Hopefully the cap goes up and we can find those Mark Bryant and Glenn Hall types along with solid, workman like hookers, don't overpay for wingers and depth. That's pretty much what Melbourne do too except at different positions. Combined it's a formula that's done very well (Storm cap rorting aside)

Shoe1

Journey Man
Foran asks for cap exemption
SMH 24/6/2015

In the strongest indication Kieran Foran won't be at Parramatta next season, his management held a meeting with the NRL on Wednesday to ask for a salary cap exemption that will allow him to link with Manly or Canterbury.

Fairfax Media can reveal Foran's manager Paul Sutton met with NRL salary cap auditor Jamie L'Oste Brown at League Central on Wednesday to discuss Foran's options if he was to walk out on his four-year $4.8 million deal with the Eels.

It is understood Foran's management requested the meeting with L'Oste Brown to talk about the possibility of the NRL granting a club salary cap exemption to sign the five-eighth for next season.

Neither Manly or Canterbury has the available space in the salary cap to afford Foran for in excess of a million dollars, however his management made enquiries with the NRL about the possibility of an exemption.

Manly haven't got a lot of room to move having signed halfback Daly Cherry-Evans to an eight year $10 million deal, however Foran is believed to be keen to hear what the Sea Eagles can offer.

The Bulldogs don't have the salary cap space either, but the likely departure of Trent Hodkinson, who met with Newcastle Knights officials on Tuesday, could help free some room.

Parramatta Eels chairman Steve Sharp wrote a letter to Parramatta members on Wednesday afternoon, apologising to the long-suffering fans disillusioned by the Foran contract fiasco.

"The Board and I acknowledge that speculation around Kieran Foran's contract and other issues in the media have been unsettling for you; the Eels fans and Members, our club, our team and Kieran," Sharp wrote.

"For that, we apologise. However, we are conscious of our duty and obligation to ensure the long-term viability of our club and its effective governance. As has been reported, an irregular clause in Kieran's contract was detected and we are working to resolve this matter. We want to assure you we are responding to the challenges at hand."
L'oste-brown should give manly a cap exemption and take it from the eels cap.

HappilyManly

Journey Man
Sterlo's crapping himself, especially when Sharp said 'We're as good as any Club in getting Foran'
Sterlo says 'But we had him at round 13! ' :p

Sharp's rational is that 'Kieran loves Dalai, so he will be at Parra' :confused:

Suck it Sterlo ! :D

Lil_wayne

Reserve Grader
Hopefully the cap goes up and we can find those Mark Bryant and Glenn Hall types along with solid, workman like hookers, don't overpay for wingers and depth. That's pretty much what Melbourne do too except at different positions. Combined it's a formula that's done very well (Storm cap rorting aside)

What's the cap going up got to do with anything? You do realize DCE's deal goes up with the cap.
The cap going up doesn't mean we have more money to spend it means DCE and ridiculously (potentially) Foran get more money.

JenEagle

Bencher
NRL360 asked 2v 'When will Manly approach Foran?'
2v's reply '2 days ago' :p

Also asked about the constant rumor about him not being coach next year.
2V's reply 'I just care for the Club and see my role as preparing a competitive Team each week' :)
Is there a better man in the world than our Geoff Toovey. I saw that as well and a tear came to my eye. This man is a legend.

silvertail

Reserve Grader
We paid Williams to play for the Bulldogs. We paid Choc to play for the Eels. Yes, they are different circumstances but karma is a $&@?. It will be a sweet victory if Foran plays for us for the next 4 years on the Eels payroll.

Just subtract 1.3m offered by the Eels for 4 years from what I think was our Feb offer of 900K and the Eels should be forced to pay Kieren 400K a year over the next 4 years whilst he plays for us. ... And out of their salary cap.

Even better for us if 900K over the next 4 years comes from a split of salary cap payments and TPAs.

Loobs

Living in the demountable.
What's the cap going up got to do with anything? You do realize DCE's deal goes up with the cap.
The cap going up doesn't mean we have more money to spend it means DCE and ridiculously (potentially) Foran get more money.
Not to get into hardcore beautiful mind level maths, but say their cap hit was linked at 20% of the cap - um... you realise the remaining 80% of say a future 7.5m cap is more than 80% of the current 6.5M cap right? (Hint: 7,500,000 x 0.80 is BIGGER than 6,500,000 x 0.80!)

You didn't come over from the Parra forum did you..?

simon64

It's not a lie, if you believe it.
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Toovey was on Johnny Gibbs' show just before 8.

Anyone actually catch it ?

Steve Sharp on Sterlo doesn't seem like he's got any idea what's going on.

HappilyManly

Journey Man
Huh?

Chez gets a flat percentage of the Cap, so as the Cap increases in value, there is more left over in actual dollar terms were the others.

Plus - Nobody knows how much of Chez's contract is TPA and how much is from the Cap @:cool:

eg:
If he gets 10% next year of the 7m Cap, its 700k - leaving 6.3million for the others
If the Cap doubles to 14m, he will get 1.4million and the remainder is 12.6 million for the others

Even if all of his contract were from the Cap, the same split applies.

Last edited:

Brooke

Bencher
NRL360 asked 2v 'When will Manly approach Foran?'
2v's reply '2 days ago' :p

Also asked about the constant rumor about him not being coach next year.
2V's reply 'I just care for the Club and see my role as preparing a competitive Team each week' :)
I thought Tooves was great on 360 tonight, as was Arko on Sterlo.

Shoe1

Journey Man
We paid Williams to play for the Bulldogs. We paid Choc to play for the Eels. Yes, they are different circumstances but karma is a $&@?. It will be a sweet victory if Foran plays for us for the next 4 years on the Eels payroll.

Just subtract 1.3m offered by the Eels for 4 years from what I think was our Feb offer of 900K and the Eels should be forced to pay Kieren 400K a year over the next 4 years whilst he plays for us. ... And out of their salary cap.

Even better for us if 900K over the next 4 years comes from a split of salary cap payments and TPAs.
All teams should pool their salary caps, then share the players around

NewwyEagle

I sleep in a racing car
Not all contracts have to have a raise directly proportional to a cap increase. If the cap increases by 20% dce's contract can stipulate he gets a 10% pay rise. His contract can also be worth the same monetary value in 2020 as it is in 2015.
I think the only thing we can be sure of is that none of us have any real idea of what dce's contract is all about. But if Bobby Fulton helped sort it out, I'm feeling good about it.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
14 11 3 103 26
14 10 4 118 24
14 10 4 78 24
15 9 6 161 20
14 8 6 60 20
14 7 7 63 18
14 7 7 37 18
15 8 7 -8 18
14 7 7 -50 18
14 7 7 -79 18