The Kieran Forum

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

How long will Foran last?

• 1 month

Votes: 10 13.5%
  • 2months

Votes: 9 12.2%
  • 3months

Votes: 7 9.5%
  • 4months

Votes: 3 4.1%
  • 5months

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 6months

Votes: 3 4.1%
  • Has the best season since 2011

Votes: 42 56.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Mavin

Bencher
This article has 2 be the biggest fail in sport administration lose 1 that's bad luck lose both that shoddy management.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...and-kieran-foran/story-fnp0lyn3-1227112379604

The key quote form Penn
“The club has made a key decision in regards to recruitment and retention.

“These two players are the nucleus of our team moving forward. We want to build a team around them and we will be doing everything we can to retain them.”

eagle chick

Reserve Grader
I do not believe that Foran has signed with the Eels. There is no confirmation that he has signed with them. I do believe he has verbally accepted an offer from another Sydney team.

mjb136

MWSE fanatic
Premium Member
Talk of the team losing their NRL licence and being relocated is WAY over the top. Sure we have been kicked in the ar$e, but jeez it will take a lot more than this to stop our mighty club!!

Agree.

Anyone who thinks we are moving from Brookvale needs to calm down.

Why would the Penns come out with their brookie oval redevelopment plans and be pushing that barrow so strongly.

lurker

Beaver lover
Agree.

Why would the Penns come out with their brookie oval redevelopment plans and be pushing that barrow so strongly.
More importantly as I've mentioned above it is simply not possible to move us without unanimous support of the football club members

mjb136

MWSE fanatic
Premium Member
More importantly as I've mentioned above it is simply not possible to move us without unanimous support of the football club members

Correct mate. We are going nowhere.
They would never get the votes from the footy club members anyway.

HappilyManly

Journey Man
If Foz doesn't face the Media today and announce a commitment, he will be seen as a mental weakling @:cool:
Hope a Reporter actually asks him if he had negotiated to get BA to replace 2v in 2016 :swear:

Fluffy

Journey Man
Agree.

I wouldn't call that strongly.

Mentioned at the season launch and already forgotten just like the 2 previous models thrown up, some of which were more achievable and better balanced

mjb136

MWSE fanatic
Premium Member
I wouldn't call that strongly.

Mentioned at the season launch and already forgotten just like the 2 previous models thrown up, some of which were more achievable and better balanced

so is it your contention that it is all a bit of a 'fluffy' then @Fluffy ?@:p

Sideline Eye

Reserve Grader
As far as I'm aware the NRL issues the license and another football club cannot hold two. In saying this I do believe the NRL should be held accountable in relation to player contract negotiations. After all they opened the pandora box by allowing clubs to approach players and their managers prior to June 30 of the players last season. For all we know Foz and DCE may have already made their minds up before the season began not giving the Penns or Kelly much time to clean up what the previous board has done. Remember when the current board had come in they were in immediate damage control whilst attempting to put together a new strategy going forward.

It was the Penns who wanted to retain Gifty but did not have enough voting power to endorse it. Has anyone ever been in a situation where their employer is unbearable and they start to look for a new job which they find shortly after even though there has been a change for the better.

Perhaps it was all too little to late and we no need to focus on the future going forward. Management have a lot of work to do before others leave. We as a club have survived through a lot of crap in the past and have always come out stronger and better.

In saying this management do need to come out and keep us as supporters more informed going forward even during times such as this where we have lost on half and potentially two. Who knows they might just be able to convince both half's to say for they do have until June 30 to change their mind!!!

Just my thoughts.

Fibro Eagle

Bencher
Premium Member
Tipping Member
So is it official yet ?? one would think if he had signed the deal he would have told the players and staff this morning . Then its done or is it So is nothing signed ?? :flogger:

So is it official yet ?? one would think if he had signed the deal he would have told the players and staff this morning . Then its done or is it So is nothing signed ?? :flogger:

day off training for the players today, so i'd imagine tomorrow morning now that its out there. My guess was he was planning to wait until next week, and probably score a 30 min special with sterlo lubing him up.

JenEagle

Bencher
The pressure is on this new CEO. He has lost two international halves in three months and there are concerns already about his style and his hard ball negotiations. He better have some back up plans. It seems insane to me that he could blunder the negotiations so badly that we would lose both of them. Everyone but him seemed to know that Foran was gone months ago so should have absolutely thrown everything at cherry.

EaglesDontTweet

Bencher
Premium Member

Read somewhere that there was no training today FE, and Foran was upset the story had broken and he couldn't tell them all then. But it was media talk.

Bradza

Bencher
Tipping Member
'so should have absolutely thrown everything at cherry.'

I wonder whyz he didn't do Zat.................

Fibro Eagle

Bencher
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Read somewhere that there was no training today FE, and Foran was upset the story had broken and he couldn't tell them all then. But it was media talk.
I just dont get why he would keep not disclosing it if it is true time to just announce but if he hasn't signed so he could still stay

lurker

Beaver lover
'so should have absolutely thrown everything at cherry.'

I wonder whyz he didn't do Zat.................
what I would really love to do is turn around now and match the tits offer. I don't care how it looks. I don't care about what has happened. I think he provides us with the best opportunity to keep winning. I would 100% swallow my pride and ram it down the titans throats to get him to re-nig on their deal. I think he still likes manly and to be honest prob regrets stuff. not that he'd say it. There just isn't enough talent out there to start from scratch. I'm sure this will ruffle feathers so fire away. :hi:@:eek::rock:

what I would really love to do is turn around now and match the tits offer. I don't care how it looks. I don't care about what has happened. I think he provides us with the best opportunity to keep winning. I would 100% swallow my pride and ram it down the titans throats to get him to re-nig on their deal. I think he still likes manly and to be honest prob regrets stuff. not that he'd say it. There just isn't enough talent out there to start from scratch. I'm sure this will ruffle feathers so fire away. :hi:@:eek::rock:
Too late for that-according to DCE it is the ****house busted ass negotiation skills of our management that are the reason he looked elsewhere. That ship has sailed brother.

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
I will I'm just talking **** because i'm pissed i'm like everybody else i'm addicted 2 the club and I couldn't stay away.
It is heartbreaking I know feathered as we are all hurting but our great Manly culture has proven to always rise from adversity .
Manly always finds talent . I have faith in the Manly club . Who ever does not have the passion to be here can leave . Have faith and don't stoop as low as the defectors Have faith and move on to another great era and rise above this like a mighty Sea eagle !!! :)
imagesLAS0X4G3.jpg
imagesLAS0X4G3.jpg
imagesLAS0X4G3.jpg
imagesLAS0X4G3.jpg
imagesLAS0X4G3.jpg

lurker

Beaver lover
Too late for that-according to DCE it is the ****house busted ass negotiation skills of our management that are the reason he looked elsewhere. That ship has sailed brother.
lol if you saw the interview last night I think it was just dollars and cents

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
14 11 3 103 26
14 10 4 118 24
14 10 4 78 24
15 9 6 161 20
14 8 6 60 20
14 7 7 63 18
14 7 7 37 18
15 8 7 -8 18