The Kieran Forum

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

How long will Foran last?

• 1 month

Votes: 10 13.5%
  • 2months

Votes: 9 12.2%
  • 3months

Votes: 7 9.5%
  • 4months

Votes: 3 4.1%
  • 5months

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 6months

Votes: 3 4.1%
  • Has the best season since 2011

Votes: 42 56.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
RE: Foran close to agreeing on a new Manly deal

Ryan said:
Swap Poore (who's only 27) with Lussick, release one or both of Kite and/or King to the UK, re-sign Tony Williams, release Galuvao (retirement). If Stewart is keen on staying, awesome news, but that means two, or three of Taufua (Keep him as cheap back-up, or play him in the back-row), Whare, Oldfield and/or Farrar is to go. As far as I'm concerned, K Foran is holding the club at randsom. We do not need that. He can go, and Liam can be signed on the very cheap.

Then go:-

01. Brett Stewart
02. Dean Whare
03. Steve Matai
04. Jamie Lyon
05. David Williams
06. Liam Foran
07. Daily Cherry-Evans
08. Justin Poore
09. Matt Ballin
10. Tony Williams (80 min player)
11. Anthony Watmough (80 min player)
12. Jamie Buhrer (80 min player)
13. Glenn Stewart (80 min player)

14. Liam Higgins
15. Someone 1
16. Someone 2
17. Jorge Taufua

If that team can't fit into a salary cap, there is something heavily wrong.

T-Rex is a prop now ?? I know you are the king of lateral thinking when it comes to team selections Ryan, but T-Rex ain't no prop my friend. And that forward pack would be crucified with one genuine prop (Poore), unless Someone 1 & 2 are Matt Scott and Ben Hannant. 4 out of starting 6 playing 80 minutes ain't going to happen either. May as well make Ballin play the 80 minutes as well and be done with it.

I agree with probably releasing Kite and Joe G, and Lussick may well be off to "greener" pastures. But we need some grunt and go forward if weare to be contenders, so they need to be replaced with some decent props (young or otherwise)

Ryan said:
If that team can't fit into a salary cap, there is something heavily wrong.

It will fit under the cap no problem. But if we are 2 men short of a 4 man bench with our best side available, I hate to think what the plan is if 4 of our top players are out injured like they are now.

Ralphie said:
What I don’t understand is that if Rambo is correct, then the club must know this as well. If as he suggests with Brett, the third party deals are just a delaying tactic, what are they delaying for?

Look, if these guy’s are going, then so be it, let’s just get on with it.

If Brett goes, we have Whare!!
If Foran goes, we have Riccardi!!
If Lussick goes, we have Robinson etc etc!!
If T-Rex goes on top of those 3, we need a new CEO!!

If it is true the reason is:

If Tony Williams agent knows that the club cant sign Foran he knows Manly has more money available and he will ask for more.

I found out the night Hodkinson agreed to terms with the Dogs. At the time DCE was off contract and unsigned. Manly continued to say they were confident Trent would be resigned. It wasnt for a couple months later just after DCE signed that they announced Hodkinson wouldnt be resigned. If DCE's manager had known that Manly had lost Hodkinson he would have asked for double.

I tell you there is a lot strategies played out in the recruitment of players which includes the spreading of rumours.

herballlistic said:
i told yas....ask erin molan!!!

http://youtu.be/KPn7ZSmQEk8

Yeah herb,
I don't want to crucify your mind but there's plenty of hate street dialogue...and is Foz the sugarman?
We need Cold Facts, man.

Only guessing here but sorting third party deals takes time. Unlike secret cash payments like the Melbourne Cheetahs.

Is this place reliable:

http://www.thegunningeagle.blogspot.com.au/

Claims Foran signed with Dogs on Monday and T-Rex has agreed to personal terms.

Hmm.

wizball1973 said:
Is this place reliable:

http://www.thegunningeagle.blogspot.com.au/

Claims Foran signed with Dogs on Monday and T-Rex has agreed to personal terms.

Hmm.

You know that site gets its info by trawling supporter sites like this.

The Gunning Eagle - that is one of the ugliest sites I have seen.

On the Steve Mascord site they have an ad down the bottom for Steel Panther - Balls of Steel album. Interesting artwork, but the band itself makes One Direction look like SAS elite veterans. It is like watching Zoolander on stage - creepy.

eggson said:
Nothin wrong with Steel Panther, they are awesome.

I knew I would get in trouble. Still, they are like Twisted Sister without the Twisted. :)

Haha you just gotta get into the cheesy naughty lyrics and throwback to 80's glam metal!

When things go quiet in regards to re-signing players or coach it usually means they are leaving. Remember a bloke called Des Hasler?

Manly must re-sign Foran & T-Rex. Everyone else is a bonus.

ERNIE FOR NO7 said:
Ralphie said:
What I don’t understand is that if Rambo is correct, then the club must know this as well. If as he suggests with Brett, the third party deals are just a delaying tactic, what are they delaying for?

Look, if these guy’s are going, then so be it, let’s just get on with it.

If Brett goes, we have Whare!!
If Foran goes, we have Riccardi!!
If Lussick goes, we have Robinson etc etc!!
If T-Rex goes on top of those 3, we need a new CEO!!

If it is true the reason is:

If Tony Williams agent knows that the club cant sign Foran he knows Manly has more money available and he will ask for more.

I found out the night Hodkinson agreed to terms with the Dogs. At the time DCE was off contract and unsigned. Manly continued to say they were confident Trent would be resigned. It wasnt for a couple months later just after DCE signed that they announced Hodkinson wouldnt be resigned. If DCE's manager had known that Manly had lost Hodkinson he would have asked for double.

I tell you there is a lot strategies played out in the recruitment of players which includes the spreading of rumours.

Sorry, but that doesn't sound right.

Hodkinson's negotiations appeared to drag out a while, but it was released on 15 Jun 2010 that he had signed with the Dogs. DCE re-signed with the club a couple of weeks later and was reported in this way;

Cherry-Evans admitted he was swayed to re-sign with the Sea Eagles after hearing of Hodkinson's move to Belmore. "Trent's decision going definitely had an affect on whether I'd stay or not and hopefully it's opened up a door for me to get a start and hopefully they don't look elsewhere," he explained.

Cherry-Evans did not sign unaware of Hodkinson leaving the club.

This Foran contract drama reminds me of Gary Abblett jnr when he left the Cats. The longer it drags on the more chance that he's going to the Dogs.

He's as good as gone I reckon. Dogs planning on announcing it during the week building up to the game. Probably next Wednesday. If that's the case id release both Forans and re sign the rest. Although dogs probably got TREX too. **** off Des.

bones said:
Dan.... I know there is a block feature on this site so that we can block any posters who's posts we don't want to read. But is there any way a reverse block feature can be added. So that we can block posters from reading our posts? If we all did that to the trolls it would be pointless in them coming on here.

This

KaZa said:
He's as good as gone I reckon. Dogs planning on announcing it during the week building up to the game. Probably next Wednesday. If that's the case id release both Forans and re sign the rest. Although dogs probably got TREX too. f**k off Des.
I would'nt be releasing anybody so they can play against us. They can stay here till their contract is finished, in reserve grade. Still, it's all speculation at the moment.

Johns on triple m said it again this morning that Foran is gone

Moondog said:
KaZa said:
He's as good as gone I reckon. Dogs planning on announcing it during the week building up to the game. Probably next Wednesday. If that's the case id release both Forans and re sign the rest. Although dogs probably got TREX too. f**k off Des.
I would'nt be releasing anybody so they can play against us. They can stay here till their contract is finished, in reserve grade. Still, it's all speculation at the moment.

but if it means keeping matai t rex stewie etc.. whocares be one game this year

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8