The Jurbo Journal - (just a really nice Jake thread)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Who should be Manly's captain (from now) ?

• DCE

Votes: 23 29.5%
  • Jake T

Votes: 55 70.5%

• Total voters
So sad to watch Jake play at 100% every week while the rest of the pea hearts fold at the first sign of adversity. He is 29 now and the clock is ticking on him being able to win a premiership, doesn’t seem like we are turning this rabble around any time soon either.

Best thing we could do right now is make Jake captain, at least you know it’s more likely the players will play for him. The overrated princess might get upset and want to leave but that would be a good thing too

I think DCE has greater emotional control, which is important for a captain… that said, Jake is the heart of Manly. Heart over head? I just feel DCE is not at the same level of passion and conviction to this club. He reminds me of an advertising agency yes man.

To see Jake dancing around during the victory song is awesome.

How he has the energy to do that after what he puts into a game....he must be part machine.

And the first thing he does when the song is over; gives wok a hug.

The guy is a champion...and really nice!

The nicest man in League...

The Manly forward was all class in offering his support to the Tigers when asked if he had any “sadness or empathy” for his Round 8 opponents.

“I’ve been going for them for the last few weeks,” he said.

“In 2021 we started 0-4 and honestly I nearly thought about retiring. I hope they can get a win soon. I hope they get a win soon because after performances like today, they deserve it.”

He also gave credit to the Tigers for showing some fighting spirit.

Foxtel are saying Jake is out this week against the Broncos? Why?

Any thruth to this? I bloody hope not.

Last edited:
Jake is a huge out, and for a month.

Do we have any tackle bots in our squad? We need someone to play 60 mins and just tackle, Lawton?

The injury, if reported correctly, will put Jurbo out of the 1st State of Origin.
As much of a fan as we all are, has Jurbo made a tackle bust in the past two seasons? It seems his role is to get tackled and try to get to his feet quickly to play the ball. He doesn't seem to bother to push through tacklers and is now purely a defensive weapon.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8