The Jurbo Journal - (just a really nice Jake thread)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Who should be Manly's captain (from now) ?

• DCE

Votes: 23 29.5%
  • Jake T

Votes: 55 70.5%

• Total voters
Geez, not enough we have an injury prone Turbo and Schu, and promising upcomer Koula is injured, we cop it with Jake as well. Boy, we have been royally screwed on the injury front this past decade.

Geez, not enough we have an injury prone Turbo and Schu, and promising upcomer Koula is injured, we cop it with Jake as well. Boy, we have been royally screwed on the injury front this past decade.
Wouldnt it be lovely to get the opportunity to gauge where this side is at with a relatively full strength side. What a luxury that would be!

We’ve had our best spine in place twice to start the season (Eels and Tigers) and likely wont again for a number of weeks.

Wouldnt it be lovely to get the opportunity to gauge where this side is at with a relatively full strength side. What a luxury that would be!

We’ve had our best spine in place twice to start the season (Eels and Tigers) and likely wont again for a number of weeks.
It’s not too much to ask is it! Just a season with a relatively stable spine and out stars healthy. FFS!

It’s not too much to ask is it! Just a season with a relatively stable spine and out stars healthy. FFS!
How bizarre is it that Panthers, Roosters, Eels etc (Souths, Sharks to a large extent) have their best spine injury free and playing like 90% of the time. In fact, I would say, with the exception of Ponga at Knights, Turbo and Schuster are probably the most injury prone playmakers in the comp

How bizarre is it that Panthers, Roosters, Eels etc (Souths, Sharks to a large extent) have their best spine injury free and playing like 90% of the time. In fact, I would say, with the exception of Ponga at Knights, Turbo and Schuster are probably the most injury prone playmakers in the comp
Yeah agree. We seem to never get any luck with injuries.

2017 and 2018 we had a relatively injury free run with very mixed results under Trent Barrett.

I still struggle with how good our 2018 squad was and we almost got the spoon. Barrett had Jake, Tom, DCE, api and Manase Fainu every week to choose from.

Papenhuyzen. Douehi. But yes our guys are probably leading the pack.

Which Fainu, Samuela or Latu? Certainly I think Samuela should be on the interchange bench. He is a clever player and enthusiastic. Manly needs a little inspiration.
Definitely Samuela. I reckon Latu is some way off yet. And if they put HIM in the forwards, we really are in trouble. Altho having said that, he is a stocky kid. But no.

Unless of course, Manase has a breakout year.

My biggest reflection of Jake as a player and a human is that when hes not playing, i find myself not as interested in watching. And thats not purely because we are SO much weaker without him, its more to do with the enjoyment you get from seeing him on the TV screen. Whether it he his hits in defence, or interviews post game, Jake just adds that little bit more enjoyment to the game.

I adore the man. But he is pretty much Aiden tolman these days only more Ill-disciplined.

His penalties are a killer and he looks pretty pedestrian on both sides of the footy.

Some of the issue I suspect is coaching. So hopefully he can get something back to add to his heart, desire and commitment to the cause.

It’s pretty sad really

Yep, pretty sad indeed.

Jake is a Manly legend.

My biggest reflection of Jake as a player and a human is that when hes not playing, i find myself not as interested in watching. And thats not purely because we are SO much weaker without him, its more to do with the enjoyment you get from seeing him on the TV screen. Whether it he his hits in defence, or interviews post game, Jake just adds that little bit more enjoyment to the game.
Jake is the last remaining reason to be proud supporting Manly. We are extremely privileged to be represented by such a legend

The amazing thing is that for me he adds as much to our team as turbo. What amazes me is when there are people on here who can not see the value he gives around the ruck / defense. Joey (pinch of salt of course) puts his value at 14 - 16 points per week conceded - it is far too simplistic to base it on "runs"

He was missing at the back end of last with his broken hand which i think had more to do with our run at the end of the year than the rainbow controversy

Just read this happened when we played the titans last time
Next time Jake just needs to miss that game next time!

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8
8 4 4 -60 8