The Joel Thompson Thread (Any Off-topic discussion will be deleted)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

Mitch

Bencher
From the telegraph:

JOEL Thompson says he was not blindsided at rival clubs circling saying there had been “brief discussions about it”.

Thompson’s immediate playing future remains clouded despite having a year to run on his contract with St George Illawarra. Manly are keen to entice the back-rower to the club provided they can free up some salary cap space.

Thompson said he has “no idea at the moment” if he has played his final game for the Dragons after meeting with his manager David Riolo last week.

“I’m waiting to see what the news is,” Thompson said. “I love the Dragons and I love the place. I’ve played a good four years there. I’ve got some really close friends not just with the players but the staff. It’ll be sad to leave if that’s what happens but that’s the way footy goes.

“Wherever I end up going I just want concentrate on having a bigger year next year”

A move to Manly could see the 29-year-old given a multi-year deal as the Sea Eagles look to bolster their back-row stocks. If he stays at St George Illawarra next year it would more than likely be his final season at the club.

“There was talk of it coming but it’s always a surprise,” Thompson said. “I could be at the Dragons next year or I could be elsewhere, I’ve got no idea.

“I could be at Manly or not … I’m if staying I’ll be ripping in. If I’m going I’ll embrace what the other team has got.”

“The Dragons have been really good but I’ve got a young family and security is important to me”

“I’m keen to get it sorted as soon as possible to stop people contacting me and I get on with enjoying my break”

nightster

The older I get the better I was
Premium Member
Tipping Member
we have also released BJ .... but we have also purchased a few T Sipley & Metcalf, and renewed Jorge

Mark from Brisbane

“ Boomer still Booming”
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Moley is one of the more informative journo’s, he suggested on Twitter a while ago that Thompson is in DEEP NEGOTIATIONS with Manly.

Sounds like it might be happening!

Loobs

Living in the demountable.
Moley is one of the more informative journo’s, he suggested on Twitter a while ago that Thompson is in DEEP NEGOTIATIONS with Manly.

Sounds like it might be happening!
Maybe he just means means they’re having a deep conversation, like is it possible for any one person to be the arbiter of morality..?

Mark from Brisbane

“ Boomer still Booming”
Premium Member
Tipping Member
To be honest I’m still not convinced we haven’t signed anyone of “ note” yet.

Just because the sports journos aren’t saying anything doesn’t mean it’s not happening.

If we have I think it will be post WC before we hear, so possibly December!

brad

First Grader
From the telegraph:

JOEL Thompson says he was not blindsided at rival clubs circling saying there had been “brief discussions about it”.

Thompson’s immediate playing future remains clouded despite having a year to run on his contract with St George Illawarra. Manly are keen to entice the back-rower to the club provided they can free up some salary cap space.

Thompson said he has “no idea at the moment” if he has played his final game for the Dragons after meeting with his manager David Riolo last week.

“I’m waiting to see what the news is,” Thompson said. “I love the Dragons and I love the place. I’ve played a good four years there. I’ve got some really close friends not just with the players but the staff. It’ll be sad to leave if that’s what happens but that’s the way footy goes.

“Wherever I end up going I just want concentrate on having a bigger year next year”

A move to Manly could see the 29-year-old given a multi-year deal as the Sea Eagles look to bolster their back-row stocks. If he stays at St George Illawarra next year it would more than likely be his final season at the club.

“There was talk of it coming but it’s always a surprise,” Thompson said. “I could be at the Dragons next year or I could be elsewhere, I’ve got no idea.

“I could be at Manly or not … I’m if staying I’ll be ripping in. If I’m going I’ll embrace what the other team has got.”

“The Dragons have been really good but I’ve got a young family and security is important to me”

“I’m keen to get it sorted as soon as possible to stop people contacting me and I get on with enjoying my break”
He's coming.

brad

First Grader
Just 10 minutes ago i was in at work checking on things before i go on a well earned Holiday. My mate luke who operates a sports memorabilia shop told me that Thompson to manly is a done deal , just waiting on confirmation. He said he will lift manly big time and that kapows game will go to another level because of it . Happy days.

D

Deleted member 26876

Just 10 minutes ago i was in at work checking on things before i go on a well earned Holiday. My mate luke who operates a sports memorabilia shop told me that Thompson to manly is a done deal , just waiting on confirmation. He said he will lift manly big time and that kapows game will go to another level because of it . Happy days.
Happy days indeed

NLSeaEagle

Reserve Grader

I'm not buying it................not until the owner of the local kebab shop confirms it!

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
14 11 3 103 26
14 10 4 118 24
15 10 5 77 24
15 9 6 161 20
15 8 7 64 20
14 8 6 60 20
15 7 7 28 19
14 7 7 37 18
15 8 7 -8 18
14 7 7 -50 18