The Idiots guide to the No Look pass

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I know where this is coming from and I yell at the TV every time he mucks one up too when a simple draw and pass would do the same job BUT the kid has special talent and we'd be mad to handcuff him from playing what he sees.

Think we've just got to take the rough with the smooth for a while cause i have no doubts this kid is the real deal and will go as far as he wants to in this game.

It's a tough one to manage.

I think he already has some licence to do a bit of ball-playing which is good... but how is he going to improve as a player if the club gives him a blank cheque to do whatever play he wants?

Perspective time ...

Never hold back a young player with confidence and natural ability

We have all seen that When the no look pass is on song It gives the opposition No chance

Practice makes perfect and Josh is on his way to Greatness

To Josh ....
Keep doing what you do best and do not let the fckers put you of your game and on your way to Greatness !!!

It appeared we were trying to get earn the extra man in the move. The no look pass wasnt fooling anyone as the player had already wrapped around so it was pointless at that time. All from memory for me

It look like a rehearsed move where either the pass was too tight or the wrap around player over ran it

I say this as there are only 2 reasons i could see for the no look pass
1 was to provide a sneaky wrap around at the last minute
2 its schuster
I had the opinion it was to be a pass that was lobbed up and for the player to run on to it.

I have more faith it was a move that didnt work out in execution and the no look was part of the trickery . I reckon it will happen again and be better next time.

The problem is I think ... that the no look has become so ingrained in his repertoire that he does it constantly when not required and there is nil upside ... last week he nearly bombed the pass to DCE for the try ... only the fullback to beat and DCE 3 yards away ... and sweet Jesus ... he throws a dodgey no look ..

He needs to count the number of no look passes Joey Johns, Thurston, Cliffy, Cronk and Keary threw in their careers ... and throw the same number ...

It is not as though the pass won't work just as well or better if he did look ... it is just adding a degree of difficulty that tempts the Murphy's rule to intercede ... NO good will come from it ..

It is the Confident and Brave that dare

No one has ever Been made Great by staying in their Comfort Zone

The problem is I think ... that the no look has become so ingrained in his repertoire that he does it constantly when not required and there is nil upside ... last week he nearly bombed the pass to DCE for the try ... only the fullback to beat and DCE 3 yards away ... and sweet Jesus ... he throws a dodgey no look ..

He needs to count the number of no look passes Joey Johns, Thurston, Cliffy, Cronk and Keary threw in their careers ... and throw the same number ...

It is not as though the pass won't work just as well or better if he did look ... it is just adding a degree of difficulty that tempts the Murphy's rule to intercede ... NO good will come from it ..

Yep, sometimes you can just pass the ball. The opposition isn't going to be able to run 50+ kph to intercept it... so they don't need to be done everytime.

Imagine a tennis player always doing a no look hit to try and trick their opposition. lol.

So... hopefully more experience will get the balance right. A 100% no look policy is neither good for footy, nor night clubs.

It is the Confident and Brave that dare

No one has ever Been made Great by staying in their Comfort Zone
Joey was talking about how so many young players are incapable of playing outside of the team structure. Schuster didn't have his best game yesterday, but he still worried the opposition every time he received the ball. You could see their split second of uncertainty.

The no looker be threw to DCE was entirely unnecessary - but the one he popped for Turbo's try against the Titans was absolute class. I wouldn't be applying the fetters to him just yet.

I think it has its place to draw an extra defender in...
But over 5m at speed and behind the back of a decoy runner is probably not that place for mine...

Joey was talking about how so many young players are incapable of playing outside of the team structure. Schuster didn't have his best game yesterday, but he still worried the opposition every time he received the ball. You could see their split second of uncertainty.

The no looker be threw to DCE was entirely unnecessary - but the one he popped for Turbo's try against the Titans was absolute class. I wouldn't be applying the fetters to him just yet.
Well said feathered friend

Every player has one of those games where things just do not come off on the day but that does not happen every day .Sht happens to the best of us from time to time

What we also do not see every day is Super skilled players like Josh that have so much natural ability .

The moral of the story ..
Never stall players confidence .
To get the best out of them we build their confidence up and get then to believe in them selves and back them selves

To get the best out of them we build their confidence up and get then to believe in them selves and back them selves
It's nothing to do with confidence its about game awareness, decision making, and execution. All things that Josh will work on and improve.
Unless he only has people fawning and pumping up his tyres even after he has a shocker! But don't worry, Des won't be one of those.

To Josh ...

Champion the right to be your self
Play your own game
Always Back your Brilliance
DARE TO BE DIFFERENT AND FOLLOW YOUR OWN STAR TO GREATNESS !

Well said feathered friend

Every player has one of those games where things just do not come off on the day but that does not happen every day .Sht happens to the best of us from time to time

What we also do not see every day is Super skilled players like Josh that have so much natural ability .

The moral of the story ..
Madge Mcguire is presently learning that beating players into structural submission is a recipe for disaster. They begin second guessing themselves, and when that happens - the death bells start a ringin'.

Schuster will make many more mistakes over the course of his career - but i'd bet my house that his game breaking plays will far exceed his errors.

It's nothing to do with confidence its about game awareness, decision making, and execution. All things that Josh will work on and improve.
Unless he only has people fawning and pumping up his tyres even after he has a shocker! But don't worry, Des won't be one of those.
Awareness and decision making comes from NRL game experience

Skilled players are God Gifted and practice makes perfect

When we build a players confidence we pump them up to the NEXT LEVEL

We all know and Josh knows that things did not turn out for him on the day

But we all know that Josh has all the skills to go all the way

And we must believe in him and get him to believe in him self and NEVER doubt his own brilliant ability

There is a sign on my Gym Door
COMFORT ZONES SUCK THE EXCELLENCE FROM YOU

Madge Mcguire is presently learning that beating players into structural submission is a recipe for disaster. They begin second guessing themselves, and when that happens - the death bells start a ringin'.

Schuster will make many more mistakes over the course of his career - but i'd bet my house that his game breaking plays will far exceed his errors.
The best way to fck up a player with natural ability and flair "
is to try and turn him into a remote control robot on the field

The most dangerous player on the field
is the
UNPREDICTABLE predator on the field

I don't want to turn Josh into a robot but you have to pick your time.
I think he's yet to learn this because he was used to playing against guys who were mostly worse than him and this sort of stuff would come off more often than not.

That's not the case in the NRL. You just end up looking like a fool going for glory plays.

So to Josh, don't stop playing what you see. But stop going for the miracle every time. It's not SG Ball son.

Whilst I am not a fan of robotic footy I believe team cohesion comes from collective discipline and structured footy that is complimented by some brilliance. It about timing and balance. It obvious I'm a huge Schuster fan but I felt that he did try to overplay his hand a couple times yesterday. He needs to learn the balance and to be patient and remain composed as opposed to going for the miracle play too often. I believe he will learn from yesterday's game.

For me it is not so much that he does a no look pass, more the frequency and when it simply isn't needed. Hopefully experience will shine through at some point.
And is it just me or does it seem contagious, there were a couple of other players yesterday who through what looked to be a no look pass as well.

In their case it might have been a sneak peak pass.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4