The Idiots guide to the No Look pass

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
It's also the reason he will never wear the 6 while Foran is healthy and under contract..
Guys like DCE and foz have the no look pass on their arsenal too.. they also have the chip and chase too... The difference is, they KNOW when to use it..
It's called experience under pressure .. when Schuster kicks to himself it's at the wrong time, heat of the moment brain snap type play .. you rarely see foz or chez do that, and you NEVER see them do it when there's a ton of pressure on and we NEED to control the footy .
It's not because Shuster is braver, it's not because Schuster is better or more confident, it's simply because foz and DCE have the experience to KNOW BETTER..

Somthing that the shoe needs to learn... And will, with time and experience

I honestly feel he looked pretty tired yesterday. We must remember this is his first season in first grade and he is playing 80 mins in the forwards. I reckon that once sirro is back Des may drop him back to the bench for a while to reduce his work load.

It's also the reason he will never wear the 6 while Foran is healthy and under contract..
Guys like DCE and foz have the no look pass on their arsenal too.. they also have the chip and chase too... The difference is, they KNOW when to use it..
It's called experience under pressure .. when Schuster kicks to himself it's at the wrong time, heat of the moment brain snap type play .. you rarely see foz or chez do that, and you NEVER see them do it when there's a ton of pressure on and we NEED to control the footy .
It's not because Shuster is braver, it's not because Schuster is better or more confident, it's simply because foz and DCE have the experience to KNOW BETTER..

Somthing that the shoe needs to learn... And will, with time and experience

100% ... I was talking to my young bloke during the week about the Genital biter ... and I said that Hayne was one of the very few players that IMO weren't better players in their 100th game than their first game ... He simply never learnt that being a consistent 1st grader meant working on your strengths, reducing your weaknesses and minimising your errors .. I think from reading all reports about his former coaches .. he was almost un-coachable ..

Schuster is a rare talent ... and I am sure that unlike Hayne, he will listen and learn ...

The problem is I think ... that the no look has become so ingrained in his repertoire that he does it constantly when not required and there is nil upside ... last week he nearly bombed the pass to DCE for the try ... only the fullback to beat and DCE 3 yards away ... and sweet Jesus ... he throws a dodgey no look ..

He needs to count the number of no look passes Joey Johns, Thurston, Cliffy, Cronk and Keary threw in their careers ... and throw the same number ...

It is not as though the pass won't work just as well or better if he did look ... it is just adding a degree of difficulty that tempts the Murphy's rule to intercede ... NO good will come from it ..

Actually if you watch a number of the clever halves in the comp, they do throw occasional no look passes, just not as pronounced and deceptive as Schuster. And Cliffy threw a lot of no look passes in his career, its just that players became used to the style and were there to collect. Some of his passes used to be behind him

Just looking at the game again.

Remember the break Shuster made... bolted upfield.

Looked right, saw a basically unmarked Tom
Looked left, saw Garrick.

Passed to Garrick (while looking) and it went down towards garrick's feet.

Luckily on the next play they swung it right and Saab had a metre to run to score in the corner to make it 36-20.

So... as Shuster took a wrong option and executed a crap pass while looking.... we should encourage more of the no look stuff!

(lol)

Actually if you watch a number of the clever halves in the comp, they do throw occasional no look passes, just not as pronounced and deceptive as Schuster. And Cliffy threw a lot of no look passes in his career, its just that players became used to the style and were there to collect. Some of his passes used to be behind him
His no lookers were superb today. He's learning on the run - he's learning right quick.

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8