The "I miss T-Rex" Thread

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
tweet from @BuzzRothfield: Woeful
Incompetent
Loser
Lazy
Idle
Awful
Moneybags
Sad”

ab05zp.jpg

I'm a fan of T Rex. Which is not to say he's playing well. He gets out of position more at the Dogs and maybe their on-field generals (if they have one) need to organise him better.

If T-Rex was on half the money we wouldn't, anyone wouldn't, have this much feeling.

He may be midundstood but his agent sold him as a star player and so did he.

Their team is worse off with him.

This season could be my favourite of all time :)

COMMANDER said:
Has gone from having to make 10 tackles a game to having to make 25.

Des is using him wrong.

Also teams are targetting him more in defence because he is a good chance of missing tackles which also blunts his attack because he is tired.

Seriously he looks like he is stoned when he plays.

bob dylan said:
Bring him home to Manly.

I feel sorry for him, every man and his Dog is having a crack a him.

He didn't ask to be paid $650k by a team he has no interest in playing with, under a coach he hates, with supporters that would kill you as soon as look at you.

Tony is a nice guy, and would be great with the Travelling Supportahs.

He didn't want to leave Manly and only left to please his family who said take the money. He should have talked to ronny gibbs and dale shearer who careers both died when they left manly to chase the money

manlyfan76 said:
there is a thread on thekennel where someone actually suggests that Bilal Skaf replace eastwood tonight.

Who would have thought a disgraceful comment like that would have come from a dogs supporter.

T Rex is a young guy that did what was the right thing for his family by following Ha$ler to Dogtown, he probably realises he made a mistake and his form is down. We all know how well he can play and we were hoping he wouldnt come good against Manly. I think he has regrets but thats the way it goes and he will get back to his best eventually.

Not trying to be flippant here but he seems to be suffering from that illness which afflicted Barba. Couple of weeks at Collaroy could be the cure.

He has lost his leg speed that manly took 4 years to develop, it wouldn't surprise me if we trained him for that outcome last year when he signed for dogs.... His legs are chunkier and slower than when he had that golden period with us

Everyone's entitled to their opinion but we need to be mindful of some facts. T-Rex played for us for 4 years and even though he rarely dominated, he was still a valuable member of the team. There's clearly a perception regarding his size and how he should be using it, however that's a fairly 1 dimensional way of looking at it. Players have different skill sets and I think T-Rex is not a simple bash it up type of player. When he played in the QLD cup years ago I think he played in the #6 because he actually has some ball skills.

This may sound obvious but he looks unhappy. To see him in the dogs sheds last night, he wasn't part of the players huddle and probably doesn't feel too close with the other players. Like plenty of others, I'm of the belief he never wanted to leave Manly and only did so because of family pressure to take he huge money on offer. He doesn't strike me as the type of person that's going to fire up due to all of the negative press he's been getting.... just the opposite. He clearly enjoyed the team environment at Manly and as they say, a happy player is generally a successful one. I think to get the best out of him you need to give him some freedom to get involved in the playmaking ie. the no look pass to Brett in the SF against the Cows in 2011 and the game against the Roosters last year. Then along with that some set plays close to the line as he was doing in 2011. At the moment he would probably benefit from only playing limited minutes off the bench as like last year, he's struggling to handle the pace of the game for the full 80mins.

Hasler has an enormous job on his hands to fix what seems to be developing into a serious problem for the dogs. It was on his recommendation that the dogs spend big money on T-Rex and he needs to get some value for that money. I think Hasler knows all the bad press is making his job harder but its not going to stop and his tactic of trying to play him into form and fitness by playing 80mins is not working. It wouldn't surprise me if T-Rex is also copping it from his team mates, something that wouldn't be helping either. I genuinely feel sorry for him but we all make decisions in our lives and he chose to leave.

...and were back for another week.

what's that 5 from 5 poor efforts from the big guy. I'm actually starting to feel sorry for him, he looks lost.

I must admit I felt sorry for the big fella last night. I think the poor kid looks lost over there. When he got up off the ground after his little chip kick he looked like he was about to cry. I wonder what he said to Hasler in that conversation at halftime?

Gould's criticism of his play was one of his most sustained efforts (during a broadcast) for some time.

I thought Gus went over the top too but it doesn't alter the fact that positionally he stifled any attack the doggies might have produced by being in front of the line. He looks so out of place at the moment even I feel sorry for him. But loving it. :)

I wanted to see him flop at the Dogs, but this is getting beyond ridiculous. I think he is really unhappy. It is becoming sad to watch, becase he actually strikes me as a decent guy. I can't blame him for taking the coin, but he surely must be regretting it already.

Also noticed a lot of the Manly boys give him a pat on the back when hed make a mistake (didn't see many Dogs players doing that). It seemed they genuinely felt for him.

Deep down i do feel sorry for him as he seems like a really nice bloke but at the end of the day he asked for the big money and now he has to deliver. I truly feel our side is better without him as he mucked up alot of our left side attacking plays, you could always see Foran getting frustrated with him.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8