The Haumole Bible.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Of course the elephant in the room is the haircut. So bad that it's made me notice the the dos of players throughout the NRL. I have now come to the conclusion that this is the worst year for haircuts since the 1970s.
Out of all the crackdowns and rule changes the NRL has implemented this year, none have addressed this most pressing issue. If this extreme violence is perpetrated against my eyes for much longer I might have to listen to the game on radio instead.

What is with the mullet anyway? Does Papali’i actually think his Billy-Ray homage is appealing? I’d rather watch the dehydration process of iguana excrement.

If you want to express yourself...do it down the local pub on Karaoke Tuesdays and not on top of your noggn'.

Seriously...each Ref should carry an electric razor...

Ref: '"you're on report Mr Arrow!"

JA: "Why? I didn't touch his head."

Ref: "It's your head that's in breach Beavis....penalty! Head shave!"

vince mcmahon wrestling GIF by WWE

OK, I'm done.

Problem with these young guns....they often have a rude, entitled attitude....
Here's the bonus of this gentle giant....I can confidently share he is a down to earth humble bloke....which only makes his ability more impressive...

Yes Des has certainly learned a lot from some of his woeful early-round player selections. @:cool: His coaching of (and results from) of the current seventeen speaks for itself.
I see it differently - I believe Des knows what he is doing, and April premierships have never been my thing. Having Turbo back to help instil confidence in the young players has probably helped a tad.

Saab has gone from a dud to the form winger in the competition in a matter of five weeks. DCE was woefully out of form in those four weeks; Foz had minimal impact. But if you think the addition of Harper over Suli and an injured Haumole would have made the difference against a full-strength Roosters, Souths and Penrith - who am I to argue the point.

Edit - Croker, Parker, Garrick, Jake, Marty, Keppie, Paseka, DCE, Foz, Saab - they are all playing entirely different to how they were in the first four weeks. Who could have imagined that Harper, Haumole, and Toff were all that was required to turn it all around? Certainly not me. Walker, Suli, and Siro should never be allowed anywhere near the team again - what madness possessed Des to pick those three players for first grade? And right at the beginning of the season with Turbo out? CRAZY right?

Dessie's eighteen-year record as a coach - now that is what speaks for itself.

Last edited:
I see it differently - I believe Des knows what he is doing. April premierships have never been my thing - having Turbo back to help instill confidence in the young players has certainly helped.

Saab has gone from a dud to the form winger in the competition in a matter of five weeks. DCE was woefully out of form, Foz was having minimal impact. But if you think the addition of Harper over Suli, and an injured Haumole would have made the difference against a full strength Roosters, Souths and Penrith - who am I to argue the point.

Edit - Croker, Parker, Garrick, Jake, Marty, Keppie, Paseka, DCE, Foz, Saab - they are all playing completely different to how they were in the first four weeks. Who could have imagined that Harper, Haumole, and Toff were all that was required to turn it all around? Certainly not me. Walker, Suli, and Siro should never be allowed anywhere near the team again - what madness possessed Des to pick those three players for first grade? And right at the beginning of the season with Turbo out? CRAZY right?

Dessie's eighteen year record as a coach - now that is what speaks for itself.
So that first month was a PLAN? Wish we’d had warning.
Yeah, Des has turned his season around too, but the real test is definitely this week.

I see it differently - I believe Des knows what he is doing. April premierships have never been my thing - having Turbo back to help instill confidence in the young players has certainly helped.

Saab has gone from a dud to the form winger in the competition in a matter of five weeks. DCE was woefully out of form, Foz was having minimal impact. But if you think the addition of Harper over Suli, and an injured Haumole would have made the difference against a full strength Roosters, Souths and Penrith - who am I to argue the point.

Dessie's eighteen year record as a coach - now that is what speaks for itself.
Fine mate. We will agree to disagree. You believe that Des knew exactly what he was doing in the first four rounds of the season, and that the team he selected was our best seventeen at that time. I don't see it that way. In fact I am not even sure Des would see it that way. Des maybe many things but he isn't infallible, and neither would he claim to be so. I agree with you on Saab, and I am really impressed by his approach to Schuster, and the overall development of the team under his watch recently. Credit where credit is due but I will never be an apologist for his mistakes either.
Go Manly. In Manly we Trust.
To me it's always been about the club and not the coach.

Fine mate. We will agree to disagree. You believe that Des knew exactly what he was doing in the first four rounds of the season, and that the team he selected was our best seventeen at that time. I don't see it that way. In fact I am not even sure Des would see it that way. Des maybe many things but he isn't infallible, and neither would he claim to be so. I agree with you on Saab, and I am really impressed by his approach to Schuster, and the overall development of the team under his watch recently. Credit where credit is due but I will never be an apologist for his mistakes either.
Go Manly. In Manly we Trust.
To me it's always been about the club and not the coach.
One might argue that the coach - particularly Des - is very much a part of the club. Considering he has been involved in winning half of our premierships. What is a club anyway without the individuals who bring the fans glory? They are the club mate - just ask North Sydney.

Yeah, Des has turned his season around too, but the real test is definitely this week.
No mate, not a plan. And yeah - Des and the boys sure have turned the season around all right. Three record all time floggings in five weeks. They will all sit nicely alongside his NRL best - 40 nil grand final victory.

Last edited:
Out of interest - what side would you have picked in round one to face the Roosters with Turbo out? I'd be interested to see the team you would have picked as well @Simmo66

Last edited:
Mate you could go back and read any number of my previous posts on what Des has previously brought to our club. As a player and as a coach. No one in their right mind could possibly question those results. That still doesn't mean I won't call him on his mistakes earlier this year (and last year). You don't have to agree with me. I respect your right (and others) to absolutely disagree with me. But that's my opinion and I will continue to defend it. Nothing would please me more then Des coaching Manly to another premiership title. However, as great as Des was/is I believe the club is more important then any coach, any player or any administrator. (even Arko).

Didn’t he kill at the end of 2019? Then off the radar for most of 2020. And fans screaming for his inclusion start of the season.

baring injuries would still prob be at Blacktown... Absolute weapon !!

Mate you could go back and read any number of my previous posts on what Des has previously brought to our club. As a player and as a coach. No one in their right mind could possibly question those results. That still doesn't mean I won't call him on his mistakes earlier this year (and last year). You don't have to agree with me. I respect your right (and others) to absolutely disagree with me. But that's my opinion and I will continue to defend it. Nothing would please me more then Des coaching Manly to another premiership title. However, as great as Des was/is I believe the club is more important then any coach, any player or any administrator. (even Arko).
I'm happy for you have a different opinion. No problem whatsoever. But I would love to know two things.

1 - What is the club without Eadie, Fulton, Menzies, Toovey, Arko, Hasler etc? I hear that no one is bigger than the club edict get tossed about a lot.

2 - What team would you have picked for round one against the Roosters?

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10
9 4 5 -16 8
9 4 5 -19 8