The Guthersation

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Robinson does have it easy with the team he has. But I don’t think he is a puppet or hack. I base this on the time I played touch footy before the roosters game at brookie a few years ago. Beaver was playing too, and Robinson came and sought him out behind the sheds where we were waiting to go on. He was beaver’s coach at Catalans. Anyway beaver was respectful and matey with him, and introduced him around. He seemed humble and switched on. Professional.
Yep. If he’s a puppet then that’s the same as putting wraps on Taylor and Fitzgibbon as behind the scenes geniuses. A puppet requires a puppeteer and for the life of me I can’t see who that is.Gould hasn’t been there for years and there are no ex senior coaches other than Taylor who have been around the joint.

He put his reputation on the line playing Cronk last year. It was a masterstroke. Their defence has been the benchmark since he started too and that’s down to players buying in, not superstar attacking players.

Last edited:
Gutho id a footballer. Letting that ball roll dead, seeing the space out of dummy half. That’s what footballers do.Has all the skills. He’s a local and at the right price he’s a no brainer under 700k.
Gotta be honest mate - was thinking Gutho is a $500,000 a year player....but he not only is involved in everything he can, has talent all day and lifts those around him which is a quality in itself....I think we could get him - and I’m pretty happy if we do....and if Walker is $600,000 a year, explosive at times but then not spotted, a bloke like Gutho who is in everything has to be worth similar or more coin ?

Gotta be honest mate - was thinking Gutho is a $500,000 a year player....but he not only is involved in everything he can, has talent all day and lifts those around him which is a quality in itself....I think we could get him - and I’m pretty happy if we do....and if Walker is $600,000 a year, explosive at times but then not spotted, a bloke like Gutho who is in everything has to be worth similar or more coin ?
Maxta. One thing I reckon people forget is cap is now over 9 mill. It’s up so much in 3 or 4 years so easy to lose track of it. Average players are getting 2 or 300. It is a bit tricky for us though as we do have Turbots, DCE and Kapow on huge money already. But for Walkers money he’s a must get. Over 700 I’d say no.

Really though if they don’t lock him up after today they have rocks in their head. Be a riot out that way.

Last edited:
Gutho is a footballer. Letting that ball roll dead, seeing the space out of dummy half. That’s what footballers do.Has all the skills. He’s a local and at the right price he’s a no brainer under 700k.
Doesnt he also still live on the Northern Beaches?

Maxta. One thing I reckon people forget is cap is now over 9 mill. It’s up so much in 3 or 4 years so easy to lose track of it. Average players are getting 2 or 300. It is a bit tricky for us though as we do have Turbots, DCE and Kapow on huge money already.

Plus Tommo on 600 - 650k, Hodko playing reggies on 300k odd. There's another mil.

For me, Gutho on Walker's money and Walker gone, max.

It’s starting to feel like when lussick and foran kept on dithering and not signing. In hindsight they were gone. Gutho has been holding out for weeks. I’d say he is leaving.
Tbh ....was watching Gutho After that big win today....he never seemed 100% sold on being an Eel, more the fans deserved the performance....I have a feel Manly have this bloke if not signed ....well in the sights....I will call it a hunch??

Tbh ....was watching Gutho After that big win today....he never seemed 100% sold on being an Eel, more the fans deserved the performance....I have a feel Manly have this bloke if not signed ....well in the sights....I will call it a hunch??

Commentator literally asked him about the players doing it for the fans, he was very evasive about the player side of things. Very non-committal.

I dont know if we will get him , but I believe he will not be at Parra next year

It’s starting to feel like when lussick and foran kept on dithering and not signing. In hindsight they were gone. Gutho has been holding out for weeks. I’d say he is leaving.
Don't think so mate . I recon he's playing them for a bigger price and after today he'll probably get it . The only chance we'd have is if Walkers booted and Gutherson wants back in .

Manly will make a play for him and offer a reasonable deal. I think deep down he would like to return. But Manly wont get into a bidding war. Manly don't buy high priced players anymore. Their mistake with DCE (could have had him for under $800,000 a season) will be long remembered. And that is no slight on DCE who is worth very big bucks. Its just what you are then left over with (without Storm like NRL sanctioned TPAs) in your kitty.

Manly will make a play for him and offer a reasonable deal. I think deep down he would like to return. But Manly wont get into a bidding war. Manly don't buy high priced players anymore. Their mistake with DCE (could have had him for under $800,000 a season) will be long remembered. And that is no slight on DCE who is worth very big bucks. Its just what you are then left over with (without Storm like NRL sanctioned TPAs) in your kitty.

DCE would be on a million+ a season now even if we had extended him for cheaper in 2015. That would have probably been a 2 year contract with an option for a third.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
9 6 3 57 14
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 4 5 -16 8