The Guthersation

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
DCE would be on a million+ a season now even if we had extended him for cheaper in 2015. That would have probably been a 2 year contract with an option for a third.
A very good point that should not be forgotten. Even if it was a four year deal, and this his last year, he is the qld and Australian halfback and I reckon the open market would have him as the highest paid player in the game. Especially considering the Roosters would have a spot to fill with cronk retiring.

Lets look at this logically.

Lets just say Gutho does end up leaving the Worms after this season. He wants to play fullback, though would undoubtedly be open to playing anywhere in the backline if he was being paid enough and playing first grade. So where would he go, with getting to play in the #1 his priority?

Brisbane - Definitely. I reckon we'll see Boyd call time at the end of this year and they can definitely find TPA's in his price range.

Canberra - Who knows with them?

Dogs - Maybe.

Sharks - Not really, more a definite no than a possible no.

Titans - Do they have anyone to replace Gordon? A possibility if they can afford it.

Manly - We need a backup fullback, not a full time one. But we do need a centre. Junior club makes it possible. Money could be the problem.

Scum - No.

Knights - Not when they already have a fullback in Ponga, but don't be surprised if they show some interest.

Warriors - No. But like us they do need a quality centre.

Cows - Yes. With Barba gone they'd be on the lookout for a proven fullback.

Penrith - Not really.

Souffs - . I'd say no. Johnston is settled in the #1, though with 1nglis gone they would have money to spend on a centre.

St Merge - With Widdop leaving their spine is settled as is their backline so I'd say no.

Chooks - They can afford him under their sombrero, but do they need him? Not that a little thing like that would stop them.

Tigpies - Possibly if they can cough up the cash. But I doubt they'd be high on Gutho's list of possibles.

DCE would be on a million+ a season now even if we had extended him for cheaper in 2015. That would have probably been a 2 year contract with an option for a third.

My comment I was in no way to disparage DCE. He's our most valuable player. My criticism was on the Manly retention policy back then, which I was very critical of at that time, when we could have had him for a lot less and finally had to rely of Fulton to off overs to entice him back. I don't blame DCE or Bozo. This was dumb retention policy back then, the same policy that let Gutherson go. Fortunate we have a little common sense back .

My comment I was in no way to disparage DCE. He's our most valuable player. My criticism was on the Manly retention policy back then, which I was very critical of at that time, when we could have had him for a lot less and finally had to rely of Fulton to off overs to entice him back. I don't blame DCE or Bozo. This was dumb retention policy back then, the same policy that let Gutherson go. Fortunate we have a little common sense back .
... the same retention committee who bought Mr Plod for three years - and even paid him to play against us.
Not to mention Poo, who at least put in a couple of good matches for Blacktown.

I reckon he’d come home for the right money to play 5/8 or centre.

His "right money" is nowhere near what is the right thing for MWSE. I don't believe he would make a top shelf 6 worthy of his price OR an elite "today's" centre. Killer is the only centre I can think of worth Guffo's "right money".(750k?) Actually Killer is in my mind the only centre ever to be worth 1M bucks of today's money. Sorry Bozo.

He really is a FB and we already have a million dollar "build a club around" FB and with 4 other high priced players we can't afford to be spending that kind of $'s on a centre .

Elgy will improve a lot and keep the 6 spot warm until Schuster is ready.

Guffo? 400k to replace the video game maniac and TT around origin.

Staggs is a future star, go up to a 400-450K offer for mine, still might not be able to pry him away. Sell walker regardless (making around 600K available) and if reasonable still target gutho (around 650-700K max). Then our backline is nearly complete and our pack can keep developing. Let Thommo go (making around 400-450K available) and replace him for free with Waddell, then just one decent forwards signing and we are set for a huge 2020. The worst backline in the NRL on paper would then become one of the best (sorry for another yart).

1. Tom Trbojevic
2. Jorge Taufua
3. Katoni Staggs
4. Clinton Gutherson
5. Reuben Garrick (making a scary edge)
6. Kane Elgey
7. Daly Cherry-Evans
8. Addin Fonua-Blake
9. Manese Fainu
10. Martin Taupau
11. Corey Waddell
12. Curtis Sironen
13. Jake Trbojevic

14. Apisai Koroisau
15. Morgan Boyle (should develop into a workhorse-type)
16. Toafofoa Sipley
17. Signing or Gosiewski or Tanginoa (who must bring back some fire to his game)

Staggs is a future star, go up to a 400-450K offer for mine, still might not be able to pry him away. Sell walker regardless (making around 600K available) and if reasonable still target gutho (around 650-700K max). Then our backline is nearly complete and our pack can keep developing. Let Thommo go (making around 400-450K available) and replace him for free with Waddell, then just one decent forwards signing and we are set for a huge 2020. The worst backline in the NRL on paper would then become one of the best (sorry for another yart).

1. Tom Trbojevic
2. Jorge Taufua
3. Katoni Staggs
4. Clinton Gutherson
5. Reuben Garrick (making a scary edge)
6. Kane Elgey
7. Daly Cherry-Evans
8. Addin Fonua-Blake
9. Manese Fainu
10. Martin Taupau
11. Corey Waddell
12. Curtis Sironen
13. Jake Trbojevic

14. Apisai Koroisau
15. Morgan Boyle (should develop into a workhorse-type)
16. Toafofoa Sipley
17. Signing or Gosiewski or Tanginoa (who must bring back some fire to his game)
That's a good looking backline

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8