The Guthersation

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
If we got him I'd move Tom to centres with Garrick and Gutherson to 1. Tom would have less dramas with hammys in the centres .

Then you still have Gutho's knees ? Trading a Hammy for a Knee at fullback I will raise you a ACL....

Lets take sentiment out of the equation and get real for a minute. Clint is unlikely to ever play NSW origin and has an injury history. He is a very good 1st grade footballer and that's it. So he is worth $500k a season at best. We will not and should not pay overs for him and Im sure we wouldn't . We have a stack of potential young rep players coming through and we need to look at securing them . I wish the guy well as he secures his future financially but he doesn't fit into our plans from what I can see.

If we got him I'd move Tom to centres with Garrick and Gutherson to 1. Tom would have less dramas with hammys in the centres .
not trying to attack you but I find it unfathomable that anyone would suggest moving arguably the best fullback in the game to the centres, where he touches less ball and has less space.

He single handedly kicked started our season when he came back from injury. The coaching staff see him as hugely important to our attack because he is actually our best talker. He leads the team around the park, directing play just like Cronk did in the GF last year when he couldn't actually get involved. Tom directs our play from the back and the halves follow a lot of instructions. He is a really good football brain and is wasted when perched strictly on one side of the field. He was 20 and let a few grubbers go through his legs and people got this idea that he is not right for fullback. He is absolutely a fullback, and outside of RTS and Tedesco, no one can lay claim to being anywhere near him in that position.

Last edited:
Better off chasing Xerri with that money if Walker goes. But I think Walker's case will be over in a couple of weeks. He'll be back in the centers with Turbo at fullback and we'll have a quality top 4 side.

Gutho seems like a good bloke but his knees are shot. Don’t want to death ride the bloke but I’ll be surprised if he doesn’t do one again in the next two years. Tendons and ligaments get stiffer with age. What’s with all the names Roberts lovers on here?

Do you only watch footy on Thursday nights and swallow every thing that comes out of the old Ray’s.

Absolute myth and lucky turbo tackled for him in origin last year.

not trying to attack you but I find it unfathomable that anyone would suggest moving arguably the best fullback in the game to the centres, where he touches less ball and has less space.

He single handedly kicked started our season when he came back from injury. The coaching staff see him as hugely important to our attack because he is actually our best talker. He leads the team around the park, directing play just like Cronk did in the GF last year when he couldn't actually get involved. Tom directs our play from the back and the halves follow a lot of instructions. He is a really good football brain and is wasted when perched strictly on one side of the field. He was 20 and let a few grubbers go through his legs and people got this idea that he is not right for fullback, he is absolutely a fullback and outside of RTS and Tedesco, no one can lay claim to being anywhere near him in that position.
I'm suggesting it and still think it's

He single handedly kicked started our season when he came back from injury. The coaching staff see him as hugely important to our attack because he is actually our best talker. He leads the team around the park, directing play just like Cronk did in the GF last year when he couldn't actually get involved. Tom directs our play from the back and the halves follow a lot of instructions. He is a really good football brain and is wasted when perched strictly on one side of the field. He was 20 and let a few grubbers go through his legs and people got this idea that he is not right for fullback, he is absolutely a fullback and outside of RTS and Tedesco, no one can lay claim to being anywhere near him in that position.
Each to their own.

Assuming we can hold onto shuster how long before he and young turbo will be playing NRL. Would that be 2021? There was talk a while back that we were trying to wrap up shuster for the long term but that’s gone quiet which is a concern.

I just saw on NRL.com that Parra have offered Mitch Moses a 3 year contract extension so I expect the discussion about Gutho maybe moving on to continue.
Which clubs really need him?

Parra have Bevan French and Josh Hoffman on the books to plug holes in the backline and upgrading Moses as priority. Titans have too many halves and fullbacks, Newcastle’s in the same boat, as are Penrith..
Still can’t think of a more obvious club than us.
Maybe Bulldogs and Warriors at a real stretch..
I think we’ve got a better chance at Gutho returning than any of the other clubs snapping him up. Des came back so I’m not ruling it out yet!

Yes but some opinions are grounded in logic and some aren't.
Didn't I say centre would minimize his hamstring injury. I've said it before with the lateral movement, stopping and starting , sliding , fullback will always be a problem for him unless he overcomes these hammy probs. I've never said he's not or won't be a great fullback but it might have him on the field more . How would I know.

Gutho handy player. Our priority re signing tommy who will be 1.1 to 1.2 million.
We have best crop of kids nrl ready for long while in ben turbo, schuster and fingers crossed on albert knee.
Des and crusher need to find nrl hardened centres who don't want kitchen sink in money. Someone like byron goodwin at warrington comes to mind.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8