The Guthersation

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
For a player with an acl history like his 600k is too much.
Maybe not for the slime who need him as their skipper and and their 'glue', as one of them put it.
I would much rather sign Hoppa who is more durable or equally, upgrade and re sign our young talent.
If we have money for a marquee player, for me, it wouldn't be guvvo...

Seems Roberts to Souffs has high level traction (from a drunkard mate that has ties with a even more drunk donkeys board member).

But it only happens If the NRL allow full freight transfer; i.e. goanna salary is spendable.
If we are sniffing for the pony boy (only us outsider oldies know that one) stag we are in a bit of trouble should uncle wayne get his jet.

Smart from Souths... granting cap relief for Inglis now likely to help out the Broncos... surely it will happen now...

I reckon we are no chance with Gutho but gee I love stirring up Eels fans on Twitter or Facebook.

I’ve been on fire this week.

Souths supporters

Vegans

Parramatta supporters

They all hate me.......he he

The sea eagles have many supporters who are vegan like myself Mark, if you ever want to discuss nutrition, biology, sustainability, cruelty, corruption, empathy, awareness, media bias, accountability, world health etc drop me a direct message and we can chat about all the merits, benefits and common misunderstandings that most people are effectively conditioned to thinking and what limits the information they’re provided.. if you’re ever interested anyway, I’ve always appreciated your views and input on this forum : )

If not, no worries champion and go Manly!
: )

The sea eagles have many supporters who are vegan like myself Mark, if you ever want to discuss nutrition, biology, sustainability, cruelty, corruption, empathy, awareness, media bias, accountability, world health etc drop me a direct message and we can chat about all the merits, benefits and common misunderstandings that most people are effectively conditioned to thinking and what limits the information they’re provided.. if you’re ever interested anyway, I’ve always appreciated your views and input on this forum : )

I have absolutely no dramas with anyone who doesn’t want to eat meat.

My arguments on Twitter came from a comment I made about not taking my grandsons to Grilled last Monday as they had a meat free day.

They are with us for holidays and they love the kids burger and chips from Grilled.

Last Monday we were down shopping and they wanted to go , I knew they wouldn’t eat a veggie burger ( picky little buggers who can spot a vegetable from 100 paces) so I took them to Maccas instead.

A story came up on Twitter and I simply commented that they ( Grilled ) had missed out on lunch for 2 A and 2 K as a result.

And then, by the vegan nazi’s, I was hammered from pillar to post , with dozens and dozens of vicious, nasty comments at my decision to use McDonalds meat burgers not Grilled Tofu ( or whatever).

My back got up and I gave it to them with both barrells

The blocking of about 20 of them was due to their comments.

I stand by my stance, I couldn’t give a toss if all you ate was Ice Cream just don’t jam it in my face because I don’t!!

Cheers

Just like Greg Inglis during his Melbourne storm years. Billy Slater couldn’t adapt to wing & centre as easily as Inglis could. Teddy can’t slot in anywhere in the backline as well as Turbo can
It’s a blessing and a curse for them making rep teams
Slater was dummy half for a proportion of the 2008 GF second half. Showed his versatility. :0)

• 🏆
Reactions: R3
I stand by my stance, I couldn’t give a toss if all you ate was Ice Cream just don’t jam it in my face because I don’t!!

Cheers
How dare you MFB. I think I have every right to jam as many of my opinions down your throat as I choose to! That's the beauty of free speech isn't it?
What's more, how dare you encourage people to eat nothing but ice cream - aside from the health impacts to those eating it what about the environmental damage this would do from the increased power consumption it would require. Pull your head in you zealot!!

disclaimer - nothing I have said here is serious and 16 pages is way to much content when based around something the mole said....time for another scone (cream then jam please)

“Overs” for a centre is relative. Jamie Lyon would be worth a million if he was in his prime
I doubt it, no centre is worth that much, they just don't handle the ball as much as they used to, as we now have split centres, the only reason Inglis was on such big money was because he signed a new contract as a fullback before going to centre.

By the way those comments of mine were aimed at the Vegan Nazi’s, not you personally.

You’ve never tried to jam anything in my face.

A player is worth what a club will and can afford to pay him topped up by TPA's. So it's a question of whose shopping and how badly they want you. I rate Gutho very highly and would love to see him running around in our back line next year but we don't have the buying power to be in the market unless a big TPA can be found.

Answer me this, if a TPA has to be at an arm's length and not guaranteed by the club as part of an offer from a club how does a party know what he is in fact being offered and how does the club know whether or not they are on the ball park or are supported by any TPA's? The concept is so artificial and non nonsensical it is laughable.

You’ve never tried to jam anything in my face.

:giggle::giggle::giggle:

PS - At least you did your research on the "tofu or whatever"

On Monday, Grill’d pumped the brakes on meat, rolling out four meat-free ‘Beyond Burgers’ instead.

The patties were designed to have the same taste and texture as meat but made from pea protein and beetroot......

Wonder what it tastes like for realz?

Anyway, we signed Clint yet? And Mark, get back on twitter and let us know who you ban today!

I have absolutely no dramas with anyone who doesn’t want to eat meat.

My arguments on Twitter came from a comment I made about not taking my grandsons to Grilled last Monday as they had a meat free day.

They are with us for holidays and they love the kids burger and chips from Grilled.

Last Monday we were down shopping and they wanted to go , I knew they wouldn’t eat a veggie burger ( picky little buggers who can spot a vegetable from 100 paces) so I took them to Maccas instead.

A story came up on Twitter and I simply commented that they ( Grilled ) had missed out on lunch for 2 A and 2 K as a result.

And then, by the vegan nazi’s, I was hammered from pillar to post , with dozens and dozens of vicious, nasty comments at my decision to use McDonalds meat burgers not Grilled Tofu ( or whatever).

My back got up and I gave it to them with both barrells

The blocking of about 20 of them was due to their comments.

Cheers

I don’t use twitter but I’ve noticed other social media platforms hosting a lot of the discussion surrounding Grill’d and their positive initiative as well.
Sounds like we are at opposite ends of the spectrum, and for the record no human could detect a trace of vegetables in the beyond meat burger patties used by Grill’d.
My friendly suggestion for next time is don’t assume the grandkids wouldn’t eat it or at least want to try one. They’re believable to meat eating humans, that has been proven over and over.

Meat consumption propaganda is so extreme and prevalent that most people don’t realise or make the connection, nor do they appreciate the hypocrisy and irony when describing their take on people supporting and or promoting a plant based lifestyle. Veganism is the opposite of Nazi ideals.

Generations of conditioning make it hard to grasp, I appreciate that.
Money talks, and the way television ‘programming’ perpetuates an impressionable influence on society means that vegans or those adopting a plant based lifestyle are facing the mighty but worthy challenge of introducing and exposing truth about health and the true cost of our actions and habits. The owner of Channel 7 owns a billion dollar agricultural company so Channel 7 is one example of bias and corrupt reporting which is sadly soaked up and harming humans, animals and the earth as a whole

If my habits, lifestyle or perceived choices had a detrimental affect on other lives, my own life and the general condition of the earth, I would hope that someone or something to help me take notice before it was too late to fix

I’ll keep things footy related from here on, but can and will discuss things further if anyone were to send me a PM or DM regarding the topics above : )

Back to sport ;)

A player is worth what a club will and can afford to pay him topped up by TPA's. So it's a question of whose shopping and how badly they want you. I rate Gutho very highly and would love to see him running around in our back line next year but we don't have the buying power to be in the market unless a big TPA can be found.
I'd go a little further than this to say a player's worth is determined by the contribution they would make to the team's performance. If he played at centre how much of contribution could Gutho make compared to our current players? 2-3x Suli or 5-6x Parker? We currently have this problem with Walker and it's why he probably won't be retained next year unless he is willing to take a pay cut - and like Walker, Gutho is not a fit at 5/8.
So unless Des has a plan to fit him into the back line in a position where he can have a bigger impact (two fullbacks maybe) or finds the money through a TPA from someone who desperately wants him back in the area he simply won't be worth the money he wants.

:giggle::giggle::giggle:

PS - At least you did your research on the "tofu or whatever"

On Monday, Grill’d pumped the brakes on meat, rolling out four meat-free ‘Beyond Burgers’ instead.

The patties were designed to have the same taste and texture as meat but made from pea protein and beetroot......

Wonder what it tastes like for realz?
Pretty good actually.

Obviously a centre who is the team's No. 1 goalkicker adds to his value. Lyon and O'Connor, for example.
Gutherson could become such a centre which would see his salary rise by 20% of so.
Except he isn't the number 1 at Parra and his % is worse than DCE's.

I don’t use twitter but I’ve noticed other social media platforms hosting a lot of the discussion surrounding Grill’d and their positive initiative as well.
Sounds like we are at opposite ends of the spectrum, and for the record no human could detect a trace of vegetables in the beyond meat burger patties used by Grill’d.
My friendly suggestion for next time is don’t assume the grandkids wouldn’t eat it or at least want to try one. They’re believable to meat eating humans, that has been proven over and over.

Meat consumption propaganda is so extreme and prevalent that most people don’t realise or make the connection, nor do they appreciate the hypocrisy and irony when describing their take on people supporting and or promoting a plant based lifestyle. Veganism is the opposite of Nazi ideals.

Generations of conditioning make it hard to grasp, I appreciate that.
Money talks, and the way television ‘programming’ perpetuates an impressionable influence on society means that vegans or those adopting a plant based lifestyle are facing the mighty but worthy challenge of introducing and exposing truth about health and the true cost of our actions and habits. The owner of Channel 7 owns a billion dollar agricultural company so Channel 7 is one example of bias and corrupt reporting which is sadly soaked up and harming humans, animals and the earth as a whole

If my habits, lifestyle or perceived choices had a detrimental affect on other lives, my own life and the general condition of the earth, I would hope that someone or something to help me take notice before it was too late to fix

I’ll keep things footy related from here on, but can and will discuss things further if anyone were to send me a PM or DM regarding the topics above : )

Back to sport ;)

Not really interested in a debate about a topic I have zero interest in.

And each to their own and whatever rocks your boat.

#GoManly

Except he isn't the number 1 at Parra and his % is worse than DCE's.
Yep, and that was my point. If he could concentrate more on his goalkicking and become the club's best then his value will increase. It's just like in cricket. If you have some all-rounder capabilities then you are more likely to be selected.
While DCE is going an excellent job as our No. 1 kicker it would be better if there was an even better goalkicker in the team.

Yep, and that was my point. If he could concentrate more on his goalkicking and become the club's best then his value will increase. It's just like in cricket. If you have some all-rounder capabilities then you are more likely to be selected.
While DCE is going an excellent job as our No. 1 kicker it would be better if there was an even better goalkicker in the team.
20yUuNMd5aKBqemUs-41KX_mMdk=.gif

Not really interested in a debate about a topic I have zero interest in.

And each to their own and whatever rocks your boat.

#GoManly

Haha, these types of posts on a football forum! Mark, I salute you if you made it to the end of any of them. Maybe I could message him as he suggested and he could give me even more detail. Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz…

I'd prefer to read Stronger2gether!!

Last edited:

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
6 4 2 53 10
8 4 4 73 8