The Guthersation

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
A player is worth what a club will and can afford to pay him topped up by TPA's. So it's a question of whose shopping and how badly they want you. I rate Gutho very highly and would love to see him running around in our back line next year but we don't have the buying power to be in the market unless a big TPA can be found.

Answer me this, if a TPA has to be at an arm's length and not guaranteed by the club as part of an offer from a club how does a party know what he is in fact being offered and how does the club know whether or not they are on the ball park or are supported by any TPA's? The concept is so artificial and non nonsensical it is laughable.
I think you answered your own question in the last sentence

For a player with an acl history like his 600k is too much.
Maybe not for the slime who need him as their skipper and and their 'glue', as one of them put it.
I would much rather sign Hoppa who is more durable or equally, upgrade and re sign our young talent.
If we have money for a marquee player, for me, it wouldn't be guvvo...

I agree and I believe the eels offer of $450k is his actual worth, I'm sure they're on top of his health and injuries more than the experts on here.

Not really interested in a debate about a topic I have zero interest in.

And each to their own and whatever rocks your boat.

#GoManly

Thats all good, we won’t enter a debate about it but you showed something more than zero interest by mentioning your twitter exchange on the silvertails forum which peaked my interest in turn.

As promised I’ll get back to the footy now.
I came across this news update on Albert..
https://www.seaeagles.com.au/news/2019/04/14/injury-update--albert-hopoate/

Out for the season again, that’s terrible bad luck for the kid!
I hope he’s retained and invested in better than Gutho was at Manly. I’d like to see Garrick get a start in the centres by the end of the year too but Gutho would be a great pick up next year to fill the void left by Turbo during rep commitments and the inevitable injuries and suspensions amongst our backline players

#gomanly #stillloveyamark!

Haha, these types of posts on a football forum! Mark, I salute you if you made it to the end of any of them. Maybe I could message him as he suggested and he could give me even more detail. Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz…

I'd prefer to read Stronger2gether!!
You know me, I’m ultra respectful to everyone but yes I’m just not interested in the debate.

To each their own, unless they attack me, then it’s “ game on “.

• 👍
Reactions: R3
Thats all good, we won’t enter a debate about it but you showed something more than zero interest by mentioning your twitter exchange on the silvertails forum which peaked my interest in turn.

I hope he’s retained and invested in better than Gutho was at Manly. I’d like to see Garrick get a start in the centres by the end of the year too but Gutho would be a great pick up next year to fill the void left by Turbo during rep commitments and the inevitable injuries and suspensions amongst our backline players

Yes I was interested to read that Garrick’s a Centre really and not a winger.

I have a feeling Des will have plan B in relation to Walker, who knows maybe that’s it!!

• 👍
Reactions: R3

That official update on Hoppa Jnr Jnr was as cold as it gets. No sympathy whatsoever for the young fellow.
Surely the club could have drafted a more heartfelt and positive update.

The sea eagles have many supporters who are vegan like myself Mark, if you ever want to discuss nutrition, biology, sustainability, cruelty, corruption, empathy, awareness, media bias, accountability, world health etc drop me a direct message and we can chat about all the merits, benefits and common misunderstandings that most people are effectively conditioned to thinking and what limits the information they’re provided.. if you’re ever interested anyway, I’ve always appreciated your views and input on this forum : )

If not, no worries champion and go Manly!
: )

I don’t know what all the fuss is about with eating vegan. As a man I love eating vegan... but only if they shower first.

I don’t know what all the fuss is about with eating vegan. As a man I love eating vegan... but only if they shower first.
sad-vagina-potato.jpg

You mean your washing your spuds

That official update on Hoppa Jnr Jnr was as cold as it gets. No sympathy whatsoever for the young fellow.
Surely the club could have drafted a more heartfelt and positive update.

I can assure you that Hoppa and Schuster are two juniors Manly are desperate to keep, something implied by one of their people.

If Walker goes, we will need a talented centre, someone who makes things happen. Gutherson is just such a player. With Suli developing (or Garrick in the centre), TT at f/b and hopefully Albert Hoppa on the other wing, and DCE and possibly Schuster at 5/8, that is one hell of a backline for 2020

If Walker goes, we will need a talented centre, someone who makes things happen. Gutherson is just such a player. With Suli developing (or Garrick in the centre), TT at f/b and hopefully Albert Hoppa on the other wing, and DCE and possibly Schuster at 5/8, that is one hell of a backline for 2020
If Elgey keeps improving he'll definitely be our 6 next season no doubt. We need a strike centre and I'm sure Des is aware of that .

We can't pay Gutherson the 700,000 that he wants, to play centre.

I would like us to target aitken, xerri, j Roberts and it develops Ruben
Out of that lot Xerri is the only one I would throw big money at, Aitken if his price isn't ridiculous, I doubt that Roberts would leave the Broncos and come to us without Souths having a crack at him

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8