The Guthersation

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Money doesn’t keep you warm at night. Hoppa and gutho should be jumping to get back to manly and work on winning our next premiership.

Better to be a local manly legend forever than a journeyman picking up a slightly bigger salary out west.

Money doesn’t keep you warm at night. Hoppa and gutho should be jumping to get back to manly and work on winning our next premiership.

Better to be a local manly legend forever than a journeyman picking up a slightly bigger salary out west.

Despite the role money plays in contract negotiations, I do think that Gutherson would want to play for his junior club if the money is comparable. The only thing the eels can offer him that we can't is the captaincy.

would you take him at five-eighth? to be fair id love to ship off walker ASAP and throw his 650 at gutho or hoppa. We need one of them for the centres, but if we can't get a quality 5/8 (or centre) in next year I would honestly pay him the 650k-700 he demands and play him at five eighth, and if it doesnt work shift him to centres. Tom t and gutho could play is two 5/8 like fullbacks and let DCE run the show.

Only thing I would disagree with is that clubs see him as a fullback ... I am certain they see him as capable of playing fullback ... I have my doubts that any club see him as the fullback they need to have ....

My own opinion is that he is a very good player in many positions ... but a "great" player in none .... possibly the world's best backline utility ... can play FG standard at fullback, wing, centre, 58 and half ....

Would I like him back at Manly ... yes . .. but on coin closer to $400k than $500k ...

He is worth much more than $400k. I would say his true value would be 650-700 considering his quality and ability to play a variety of positions

Beside Walkers coin we also back to parity with other teams with cap ie an extra $330k. This gives us $1,000,000 approx. available.

This should not even be a conversation. We have a fb that guth is not in the same league as (well talent wise anyway). Plus he’s injury prone and has already done his knees. And while I’m on this topic I’m getting sick of all the Parra hype/signing talk. Why are they being talked about like they are the champions of the world? Hello they won the f*****spoon last year and so far have beaten Penrith (who have been nothing short of awful), bulldogs (will likely get the spoon) and Cronulla (without like four of their best players, Galen, Johnson, Moylan, graham). Guth is a good player that’s it. He’s no superstar and likely won’t ever be a rep player. He won’t wear the maroon and white again I can’t imagine. Move on there’s nothing to see here.

So that would probably rule out Hoppa as well?
I would like him back...
I think he is a long shot as well but not quite as long as Gutho...

I personally don't think Gutherson is seriously entertaining leaving Parramatta...I think he loves it over there but his manager is not going to allow him to be low balled. He loves Brad Arthur, he is the team captain and he plays in a marquee position and the Eels have cap space. I'll be bowled over if he leaves. Cowboys and Titans are an outside chance but Manly is not an option.

As for Hoppa, I think he might like to play with Albert, he has a relationship with Des and he is less inclined to attract huge dollars as a fullback...something Gutho can, due to his "cult status" that is as much to do with his hair cut, funny running style and enthusiasm as it is based on his talent. Essentially, the media have pumped Gutho's tyres up so much he is overrated...not the case with Will. The other plus is the Dogs cap is tight and if Des was to inquire, he might find that they are happy to release him, in order to chase bigger fish.

This should not even be a conversation. We have a fb that guth is not in the same league as (well talent wise anyway). Plus he’s injury prone and has already done his knees. And while I’m on this topic I’m getting sick of all the Parra hype/signing talk. Why are they being talked about like they are the champions of the world? Hello they won the f*****spoon last year and so far have beaten Penrith (who have been nothing short of awful), bulldogs (will likely get the spoon) and Cronulla (without like four of their best players, Galen, Johnson, Moylan, graham). Guth is a good player that’s it. He’s no superstar and likely won’t ever be a rep player. He won’t wear the maroon and white again I can’t imagine. Move on there’s nothing to see here.

hey @Dan can we have a "that's a bit rough" button?

I still rate Gutho and think he would be a valuable player in the centres for Manly.

Would he take an offer in the centres... who knows, but he has a great footballers brain and could step into Walkers position for the same money as Walker is on.

He would be awesome cover for the whole backline also.

1. Gutherson IS very good
2. As Snake says absolutely know way we could afford the 700 to 800k to get him.

We have 4 blokes already on a million or close to it and it seriously effects our depth. If you make that five we’ll be thin everywhere.

1. Gutherson IS very good
2. As Snake says absolutely know way we could afford the 700 to 800k to get him.

I don't rate him 700-800k very good and wouldn't pay that for him if we could afford it.

Yeah, local boy, even a Cromer Kingfisher bless him, but think he's overrated and has had 2 knee reco's. Not worth it when you already have 3 guys taking up 3M, Kapow, Walker and Thomo all on 600k+ and a very low TPA appeal.

Give me Will to play with his brother for 600year and end his career where he belongs.

I don't rate him 700-800k very good and wouldn't pay that for him if we could afford it.

Yeah, local boy, even a Cromer Kingfisher bless him, but think he's overrated and has had 2 knee reco's. Not worth it when you already have 3 guys taking up 3M, Kapow, Walker and Thomo all on 600k+ and a very low TPA appeal.

Give me Will to play with his brother for 600year and end his career where he belongs.
600k is too much for a centre I reckon

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8