The 'General Off-Topic Discussion, Banter, Arguments & Hopefully Some Mediation' Thread

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Sigh, We're so tired of coming on here and reading your personally abusive profanity laden vitriolic filled rants.
Repeated warnings and temporary bannings just don't seem to be working.
Merry Christmas, happy holidays and we hope you find all you need in twitter or facebook.
We need to get you a job in the NRL...the first good piece of refereeing I have seen in years.

Christmas, like every other day, is a wonderful time to celebrate and delight in our wonderfully perfect human imperfections. And to remember that our moment-to-moment experiences are all we ever really have, and that our thoughts of dramas are not reliable and are not even real.

May we all be happy, be well and be safe.

Christmas, like every other day, is a wonderful time to celebrate and delight in our wonderfully perfect human imperfections. And to remember that our moment-to-moment experiences are all we ever really have, and that our thoughts of dramas are not reliable and are not even real.

I May need to read this again wearing my existential undies, but either way Rex you're still my go to man for meaningless dribble.

Haven't seen you for a while Rex. Good to hear from you. Hope you're well and happy.

Poetry in motion.

Poetry in motion I agree. Are the mods going to continue to remove garbage (posts/posters) like that in the future? If so ST (like the Sea Eagles themselves in 2018) will be even better next season if the "poetry" is maintained. Consistency in this, as in all things, is like "meter" in poetry, in terms of how it will maintain a steady and predictable ebb and flow of "real" Sea Eagles footy discussion throughout the season. Seasons Greetings to One and All.

?

(just thought I'd add something profound)
giphy.gif

Haven't seen you for a while Rex. Good to hear from you. Hope you're well and happy.
G'day Budg. Yes I am indeed.

Hope you're well. Great site of course, but can be a tad more than tedious here at times. The usual suspects are only really interested in taking cheap shots at players, officials or others here with opinions, religion or politics different to their own. I've now accepted that attempting to engage or challenge is futile and only inflames. Intolerance, and it's partner insecurity, rule in social media, and I guess Dan sees the drama as good for business. That's life.

The thing that gets me checking in here from time to time now is that there's many others with abundant generous good spirit, positivity and intelligence like you, GE, HappilyManly, SER8, Bearfax, MF76, etc, etc who you'd struggle to find saying a single negative thing about anyone on the planet. And quirky (I love quirky) others like Ryan who plays the drama game but happily says he's wrong and ultimately works at making Sea Eagle mates of everyone in his idiosyncratic and bipolar ways. And the silent majority who just ignore rubbish posts, talk footy and love this mighty club.

Back on topic, I am super excited with the Joel Thompson signing and the possibilities for the season ahead.

Insert often before "reliable", and swap out "even" for always, and I agree with the sentiment absolutely.

• 📚
Reactions: Rex
The thing that gets me checking in here from time to time now is that there's many others with abundant generous good spirit, positivity and intelligence like you, GE, HappilyManly, SER8, Bearfax, MF76, etc, etc who you'd struggle to find saying a single negative thing about anyone on the planet.

Thanks for your kind words. I have certainly had my fill of good Christmas spirit today. Gentleman Jack it's called.

Surprisingly....I've been tasked with doing all the washing up (actually not surprisingly...I always do it) but by drinking...everything is slowly disappearing so..... go with what ya know!

I'm also looking forward to Joel's arrival and I hope he really wants to tear in. I was worried with "I leave it to my manager and I love it here at St choke...etc" But that could have been just comments to quell the great unwashed.

Speaking of unwashed....damn dishes!

Merry Christmas everyone!

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4