The framework is there

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Marty playing 60-70 minutes has been outstanding for us and has produced big numbers. I shudder to think how we would perform if we reduced the game time of our most impactful forward.

He is a better player this year than he was at the Tigers where he got 30-40 minutes. I know I've been hammering this point about Marty for a while now, but I just can't understand that people are missing how impressive he has been for us in an underperforming side. I'm not suggesting you are bagging him at all - I just feel that reducing his game time is not the way to go - 10-20 minute rest is perfect for him - no more.
Mate, couldn't agree more with you. I am a big fan of Marty. I think he has been in terrific form for the past 8 weeks. When I said limited mins, I meant not play 80. I would say give him a rest at 30 mins and then bring him back for the final 30. When we did play for him 80 mins, I thought he was not as effective as how is playing now. There is nothing wrong with the Manly go forward this year. Has been our shining light. Our defence out wide and lack of attacking spark has been our main issue. What is good is that Turbo is showing a lot of confidence in getting his hands on the ball often now. Although, I hate seeing him hit it up because no one else wants a go. When ever DCE ran it, he looked dangerous with Turbo close by. Expecting those two to gel well next year.

Mate, couldn't agree more with you. I am a big fan of Marty. I think he has been in terrific form for the past 8 weeks. When I said limited mins, I meant not play 80. I would say give him a rest at 30 mins and then bring him back for the final 30. When we did play for him 80 mins, I thought he was not as effective as how is playing now. There is nothing wrong with the Manly go forward this year. Has been our shining light. Our defence out wide and lack of attacking spark has been our main issue. What is good is that Turbo is showing a lot of confidence in getting his hands on the ball often now. Although, I hate seeing him hit it up because no one else wants a go. When ever DCE ran it, he looked dangerous with Turbo close by. Expecting those two to gel well next year.
Yeah good points - my mistake. I agree that 60 mins or so looks about right.

As for Turbo, he is improving for sure. He still needs a little more confidence to go himself at times, there was a point in the game where he kicked for his outside man, where going himself was the right play - he could fend off Moylan and score. When he backs his size and speed more we will see a very special player.

It has been a disappointing season, which I put down to initially poor team selection followed by a massive injury toll to important positions.
With the inclusion of Lane, Meehan, Hopoate and hopefully Green I am very optimistic of a very competitive 17 next year.
The issue I see is the inclusion if both Api and Brown in the 17, one of them will need to spend the majority of the season with blacktown.

It has been a disappointing season, which I put down to initially poor team selection followed by a massive injury toll to important positions.
With the inclusion of Lane, Meehan, Hopoate and hopefully Green I am very optimistic of a very competitive 17 next year.
The issue I see is the inclusion if both Api and Brown in the 17, one of them will need to spend the majority of the season with blacktown.
yep, agree re Brown and Api. And whilst Brown has been underwhelming this year, he does offer solid redundancy for hooker, second row and centre. He's not a starter in any of those positions but does offer an acceptable level of cover if required. Parcell looked good in stages last night but you have to wonder if he has the body type for NRL. Injured again last night...

Their is for sure a good side building but we are missing some speedy try scoring backs to replace Skivvi in that centre spot and a winger. Also need a good rep quality backrower to put beside Buhrer and Marty in the backrow.

1: T Trbojevic
2: J Taufua
3: D Walker
4: S Matai
5:
6: B Green
7: D Cherry-Evans
8: J Trbojevic (c)
9: M Parcell
10: D Lussick
11: M Taupau
12:
13: J Buhrer (c)

14: A Koroisau
15: A Fonua-Blake
16: N Myles
17: J Hopoate

We have pretty much no depth for 2017 either so need to go out and buy some depth backs and forwards. Top 8 side just missing key pieces fully fit we make top 4 IMO. We got rid of all our rubbish last night on that list.
Where's Brown? Like it or not twenty will have Brown in the team.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7