The framework is there

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Mitch

Bencher
A horrible season, depressing and demoralising at many stages, so everyone has the right to express their concerns in any way they see on these forums.

I do think there is the framework to build a highly competitive team though moving forward, many may disagree, which is fine, because in the end that is what this environment is for.

We lose someone like Leary (who has potential and hopefully realises that elsewhere) but for those that have seen him play, I see Jamil Hopoate as someone who can play that explosive role from the bench with far more upside to Blake.

We lose Vave but have a player like Meehan, who will no doubt be part of the 17 next year and could be a huge X factor given his size.

With Blake Green coming in, Walker can go back to the position where he can be most explosive and we will also gain a second point of attack and most importantly a second kicking option, which has really nullified DCE this year.

With some of the below players, I hope many of us can see some level of future potential in this team.

Tom Trbojevic (Fully fit)
Jake Trbojevic
Jamie Buhrer
Daly Cherry Evans (Fully fit)
Matt Parcell
Dylan Walker
Darcy Lussick
Steve Matai (confident will play next year)
Blake Green (once confirmed)
Martin Taupau
Jorge Taufua (Fully fit)
Jamil Hopoate
Willis Meehan
Addin Fonua-Blake
Shaun Lane

Last edited:
Their is for sure a good side building but we are missing some speedy try scoring backs to replace Skivvi in that centre spot and a winger. Also need a good rep quality backrower to put beside Buhrer and Marty in the backrow.

1: T Trbojevic
2: J Taufua
3: D Walker
4: S Matai
5:
6: B Green
7: D Cherry-Evans
8: J Trbojevic (c)
9: M Parcell
10: D Lussick
11: M Taupau
12:
13: J Buhrer (c)

14: A Koroisau
15: A Fonua-Blake
16: N Myles
17: J Hopoate

We have pretty much no depth for 2017 either so need to go out and buy some depth backs and forwards. Top 8 side just missing key pieces fully fit we make top 4 IMO. We got rid of all our rubbish last night on that list.

A horrible season, depressing and demoralising at many stages, so everyone has the right to express their concerns in any way they see on these forums.

I do think there is the framework to build a highly competitive team though moving forward, many may disagree, which is fine, because in the end that is what this environment is for.

We lose someone like Leary (who has potential and hopefully realises that elsewhere) but for those that have seen him play, I see Jamil Hopoate as someone who can play that explosive role from the bench with far more upside to Blake.

We lose Vave but have a player like Meehan, who will no doubt be part of the 17 next year and could be a huge X factor given his size.

With Blake Green coming in, Walker can go back to the position where he can be most explosive and we will also gain a second point of attack and most importantly a second kicking option, which has really nullified DCE this year.

With some of the below players, I hope many of us can see some level of future potential in this team.

Jake Trbojevic
Jamie Buhrer
Matt Parcell
Dylan Walker
Darcy Lussick
Martin Taupau
Jorge Taufua (Fully fit)
Jamil Hopoate
Willis Meehan
Addin Fonua-Blake
Shaun Lane

Great post , and I agree BUT you forgot our two superstar signings from 2016, Myles and Brown!!

Surely they would make your side???

Haha I tried to keep it as positive as I could mate. Listing players who provide a platform for a potentially competitive unit, Nate and Lewis don't fit the bill for me.

Good work buddy, I was only kidding!!

Good work buddy, I was only kidding!!

It's ironic how I know some experts in the media like Ben Ikin etc had penciled Myles in to be one of the recruits of the season given his leadership abilities etc and now if you ask 99/100 fans they would struggle to find a spot in the 17 moving into next year!

It's ironic how I know some experts in the media like Ben Ikin etc had penciled Myles in to be one of the recruits of the season given his leadership abilities etc and now if you ask 99/100 fans they would struggle to find a spot in the 17 moving into next year!

One things for certain, he's played his last SOO game!!

We have no idea who they have even signed for next year apart from Lane, so I think with a core of what we have, healthy, not getting smashed at the start of the year by the draw, we will be fine. Add recruits and all things being equal we make the 8.

For the clubs own sake I hope they make the 8 because it's become very clear that not making the finals = unManly to most "fans" (on here). Then again we won a premiership 40-0 and people still thought Orford was **** so there is clearly no pleasing some regardless.

Anyway, in summation, we'll be fine.

Jake Trbojevic
Jamie Buhrer
Matt Parcell
Dylan Walker
Darcy Lussick
Martin Taupau
Jorge Taufua (Fully fit)
Jamil Hopoate
Willis Meehan
Addin Fonua-Blake
Shaun Lane
Add an entirely new coaching team to that, and I believe you are right.

Does anyone know how Blacktown Workers team performed this season?
Seems to me that unless they have a galaxy of up-and-coming players then we are in for a horrible 2017.

Their is for sure a good side building but we are missing some speedy try scoring backs to replace Skivvi in that centre spot and a winger. Also need a good rep quality backrower to put beside Buhrer and Marty in the backrow.

5:
12:

We have pretty much no depth for 2017 either so need to go out and buy some depth backs and forwards. Top 8 side just missing key pieces fully fit we make top 4 IMO. We got rid of all our rubbish last night on that list.
Yep, I like the look of this side. As long as Marty plays limited minutes. He's a power athelete, not an endurance one. I am glad Willaime has not figured in your side. For me, he is not up to it. No mention of Meehan there but that's okay as none of us have really seen how good he goes in the top level. Lane prob fills your vacant second row spot based on who we have on the books right now. Jake at Prop or Lock? The we are desperate for a classy centre/winger IMO. Matai will be injured at some point. Hence, why Hiku was so handy for us.
What's the latest with Gilette. The more I think about it the more I think he would make a big difference for us.

Yep, I like the look of this side. As long as Marty plays limited minutes. He's a power athelete, not an endurance one. I am glad Willaime has not figured in your side. For me, he is not up to it. No mention of Meehan there but that's okay as none of us have really seen how good he goes in the top level. Lane prob fills your vacant second row spot based on who we have on the books right now. Jake at Prop or Lock? The we are desperate for a classy centre/winger IMO. Matai will be injured at some point. Hence, why Hiku was so handy for us.
What's the latest with Gilette. The more I think about it the more I think he would make a big difference for us.

Gillette would be a revelation, but if Reed gets medically retired ( highly likely ) he's a Donkey for life ( and wants to be).

Gillette would be a revelation, but if Reed gets medically retired ( highly likely ) he's a Donkey for life ( and wants to be).
True but I dare say Wayne will have issues in paying (what he thinks) are overs for any player. Remember, if he ups the salary of Gilette, he has less for Reed's potential replacement. Considering Milford is off contract soon and his price is likely to almost double (he's on 600k now and I think his next contract would be in excess of 900k?) plus the constant rumours of GI to Brissie.. Just saying, these medical retirement things take a while to get over the line and perhaps Gilette will feel the pinch if he doesnt get what he needs to stay there? The other thing to remember, there always seems to be dramas with high quality players wanting out close to the start of the season or a few weeks in. Do we wait and see who we can get for unders due to fall outs with current club? Titans did that very well this year with Hurrel and Peats

True but I dare say Wayne will have issues in paying (what he thinks) are overs for any player. Remember, if he ups the salary of Gilette, he has less for Reed's potential replacement. Considering Milford is off contract soon and his price is likely to almost double (he's on 600k now and I think his next contract would be in excess of 900k?) plus the constant rumours of GI to Brissie.. Just saying, these medical retirement things take a while to get over the line and perhaps Gilette will feel the pinch if he doesnt get what he needs to stay there? The other thing to remember, there always seems to be dramas with high quality players wanting out close to the start of the season or a few weeks in. Do we wait and see who we can get for unders due to fall outs with current club? Titans did that very well this year with Hurrel and Peats

Trouble is even the Titans look like a good place to be going now!!

AND, we look like the Titanic instead!!

Trouble is even the Titans look like a good place to be going now!!

AND, we look like the Titanic instead!!
Indeed.. it was a poor way to finish the season. I think it's harder to take when you see us making (What most of us think) are mistakes of the past. I.e letting go your Guthos/Hiku's/Knights etc for a bunch of has beens on more cash. Letting Knight go is a surprize. Unless they think he's just not up to it but if he turns into another JWH...

5:
12:

Williame will be there he has been re-signed.

Marty playing 60-70 minutes has been outstanding for us and has produced big numbers. I shudder to think how we would perform if we reduced the game time of our most impactful forward.

He is a better player this year than he was at the Tigers where he got 30-40 minutes. I know I've been hammering this point about Marty for a while now, but I just can't understand that people are missing how impressive he has been for us in an underperforming side. I'm not suggesting you are bagging him at all - I just feel that reducing his game time is not the way to go - 10-20 minute rest is perfect for him - no more.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6