The Foz & Turbo Show

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Your Cherry doesnt have the same heart as foz is outrageous feathered friend

Manly and Queensland captains have all come with a massive heart
Yeah I'd agree. Chez certainly has the heart and passion, maybe its Chez that just doesn't have the skill set?

Put Fainu back in the team and give us a half decent run with injuries and we could certainly challenge for it. But given the terrible start we've had, the first step will be even making the 8.
I've been saying all along we aren't that far off. People forget we didn't play a trial and we came up against the top 4 teams in the first 4 rounds. Considering the injuries we had 0 from 4 was quite realistic. It was always gonna take a few weeks to find our feet!
We have basically played the last 2 years without Turbo and Fainu who are 2 of the absolute superstars of the competition.
You take the 2 best players put of any side and they will struggle, add to that a further injury list, it's no wonder we struggled early this season.

Last edited:
Agree. I'm not sure in what universe you think labelling someone a paedophile is appropriate. Not only did you post it in this thread you put it as your signature in your avatar so it was viewable on all your posts. Have a break and think about how you interact with others here.

@frank stokes in fairness you should change your avatar signature as well, as deliberately antagonising other members here isn't appropriate.

DCE tackle count is so high due to our inability to compete on a regular basis
His tackle count is so high because every game for pretty much the last 10 years he is heavily spotted by the opposition. Because he is our key man, and only more so since the old guard moved on a few years ago.
He doesn't have the genius of Johns, the fire of Thurston or the robotic precision of Cronk but has fantastic skills and ability, and toughness. I think he cops a lot of criticism here simply due to his pay packet!

DCE's tackle count isn't appreciably higher than any other halfback in the NRL. We dispelled that myth last season. Every half in the NRL gets spotted by the opposition, it goes with the territory. DCE is no different to his peers and his defensive load has no bearing on his ability to carry out any of his other duties.

His tackle count is so high because every game for pretty much the last 10 years he is heavily spotted by the opposition. Because he is our key man, and only more so since the old guard moved on a few years ago.
He doesn't have the genius of Johns, the fire of Thurston or the robotic precision of Cronk but has fantastic skills and ability, and toughness. I think he cops a lot of criticism here simply due to his pay packet!

I will explain my point.
Poor ball security, poor game management, repeat sets, lack of scoring points all contribute to uneven posession rates.
When our posession rates are low everyone makes more tackles, DCE included
Also as he is positioned out wide the more the opposition is on top , has superior field position, the more the ball is spread wide and the more edge players defend

As @Chip and Chase has explained his counts are no higher than other halfs and as he is the key man that is responsible for some of the game processes i have described above, the better he plays his role , the less impact that can have.

His pay packet , his role, his leadership are definately the issue due to a salary cap. Personal responsability that comes with an 8 year contract as the games highest paid player, brings expectation that you will at a minimum understand and develop your role and mature to understand the game he plays .

Foran was great wasn't he.. he kicked all game long and short. Targeting the rookie winger with success. You can see who boss out there! Dce didn't do much in attack but they held their own against fifi. Maybe it was a ploy by des.. let turbo and foran run the attack while dce focuses on his d. Did well fifita was contained and that in turn took Brimson out of the game. Im expecting more from chez against the tigers he usually plays well against them
Yeah foran is improving all the time. I think he is coming to terms with his role as leader and game manager.

We look better when dce does less. I think for the forums sake we are lucky we have so many injuries in the back row.

I just dont think you can leave huamole or schuster out of the team and if the back row was fit and firing pushing schuster to the bench , that would be sad as he has more upsides that dce so far

But that day is coming

DCE works hard in defence and apart form the rare poor game in defence he is one of our most consistent defenders. There was finally a huge shift in his game on the weekend, He stopped trying to be the first receiver all of the time and allowed Turbo and Foran to get well and truly into the game. That worked a treat because opposition defenses spot him every week knowing if they shut him down we have not attack. Lest hope he settles into this pattern.

His pay packet , his role, his leadership are definately the issue due to a salary cap. Personal responsability that comes with an 8 year contract as the games highest paid player, brings expectation that you will at a minimum understand and develop your role and mature to understand the game he plays .
Fair enough.
Although if it was simple to get a cheaper halfback who was still competent for the job we wouldn't be in this position, ie, paying such huge money for DCE. Who stuffed up the initial negotiation anyway? And who 'fixed' it by proposing the lifetime deal? (Bozo, reputedly).

Wonder how would we have gone with Kane Elgey instead? Not too good I suspect, we would have spent the last few years howling at management to splash out on some quality for such a key position. Like we had to when we got Matt Orford.

Anyway the issue of whether DCE's deal was good or bad for the club has been done to death. At this stage I agree it's not looking good but I always try to keep in mind the alternative, because top halves don't grow on trees as we all know!

Fair enough.
Although if it was simple to get a cheaper halfback who was still competent for the job we wouldn't be in this position, ie, paying such huge money for DCE. Who stuffed up the initial negotiation anyway? And who 'fixed' it by proposing the lifetime deal? (Bozo, reputedly).

Wonder how would we have gone with Kane Elgey instead? Not too good I suspect, we would have spent the last few years howling at management to splash out on some quality for such a key position. Like we had to when we got Matt Orford.

Anyway the issue of whether DCE's deal was good or bad for the club has been done to death. At this stage I agree it's not looking good but I always try to keep in mind the alternative, because top halves don't grow on trees as we all know!

As every halfback in the game is cheaper, and DCE is not the standout halfback due to a woeful lack of consistencey i would say yes. A lot of halfbacks have come on the market in 6 years.

But as there are not a lot of absolute standouts the best options seem to be spreading the talent , risk and money between 6 , 7, 9 and 1. We have seen in years when blake green and now foran that this is a better fit. But we only got lucky this year as foz was in the last chance saloon. Keeping players like schuster and cherry in the halves in the future will seriously weaken other spots

This is a manly footy forum so everything is done to death. I reckon the poor old chez line, its not his fault mantra is done to death and at least half of my posts are reactive to what i consider poor excuses done to death. I suppose our patience for such matters relies on our opinion

Croker, garrett , parker, walker, marty all done to death but its a footy forum with limited characters.

I feel more sorry for the cheap blokes with limited skills that get hammered on here, than the highly paid, highly skilled individuals that ignore there roles that affect the outcomes of footy teams far more than wingers and centres

But anyway mate enjoy your day. To add some variety though i am cooking chicken soup with my son today ( school holidays) if he ever wakes up. Made the stock yesterday. We will bake some soda bread later to have with it, i cleaned my wood stove yesterday so i might light a small fire today ( not neceessary as its not that cold )to ensure it all went back together properly and use it to simmer my soup on. I have a steep roof and we are getting light showers this week so i dont want to have to get back up there when its wet, and we are starting to get some cooler nights and mornings in the single digits. Speaking of single digits hows that DCE going

We serve our soup on soba noodles. Its more of a meal that way. But you have to cook them seperate as they are very starchy and bland out the soup.

As every halfback in the game is cheaper, and DCE is not the standout halfback due to a woeful lack of consistencey i would say yes. A lot of halfbacks have come on the market in 6 years.

But as there are not a lot of absolute standouts the best options seem to be spreading the talent , risk and money between 6 , 7, 9 and 1. We have seen in years when blake green and now foran that this is a better fit. But we only got lucky this year as foz was in the last chance saloon. Keeping players like schuster and cherry in the halves in the future will seriously weaken other spots

This is a manly footy forum so everything is done to death. I reckon the poor old chez line, its not his fault mantra is done to death and at least half of my posts are reactive to what i consider poor excuses done to death. I suppose our patience for such matters relies on our opinion

Croker, garrett , parker, walker, marty all done to death but its a footy forum with limited characters.

I feel more sorry for the cheap blokes with limited skills that get hammered on here, than the highly paid, highly skilled individuals that ignore there roles that affect the outcomes of footy teams far more than wingers and centres

But anyway mate enjoy your day. To add some variety though i am cooking chicken soup with my son today ( school holidays) if he ever wakes up. Made the stock yesterday. We will bake some soda bread later to have with it, i cleaned my wood stove yesterday so i might light a small fire today ( not neceessary as its not that cold )to ensure it all went back together properly and use it to simmer my soup on. I have a steep roof and we are getting light showers this week so i dont want to have to get back up there when its wet, and we are starting to get some cooler nights and mornings in the single digits. Speaking of single digits hows that DCE going

We serve our soup on soba noodles. Its more of a meal that way. But you have to cook them seperate as they are very starchy and bland out the soup.
I think the Titans are a study in what would have happened to us, had we not kept DCE. We would have been searching far and wide for a halfback and ended up paying way overs for the ones that are less like Ash Taylor.

Once they missed out on their man in DCE that was the end of it

I think the Titans are a study in what would have happened to us, had we not kept DCE. We would have been searching far and wide for a halfback and ended up paying way overs for the ones that are less like Ash Taylor.

Once they missed out on their man in DCE that was the end of it
Entirely possible especialy since we have had 3 coaches in that time all wanting to have their own team. The game goes through trends and fullbacks and hookers are in the limelight more and more and teams look different to what they did 6 years ago. The ability to have us roll with the punches would need to be considered also. Dce contract limits tgat to a point

But we did have a time in rl nirvana that demanded the halfback be the man to build a team around although currently that tactic seems a little outdated

Sounds fantastic! I'm not working Mondays currently (well not formally but still end up doing some!) and this arvo the grandkids coming down (from 3 houses away!) the littlest one suggested we make crostoli but I said no, we'd need a whole day for that project, so we'll go with the middle one's suggestion and make some apple turnovers :)
Always popular :) :)

Entirely possible especialy since we have had 3 coaches in that time all wanting to have their own team. The game goes through trends and fullbacks and hookers are in the limelight more and more and teams look different to what they did 6 years ago. The ability to have us roll with the punches would need to be considered also. Dce contract limits tgat to a point

But we did have a time in rl nirvana that demanded the halfback be the man to build a team around although currently that tactic seems a little outdated
Seems to be working out okay for Penrith at present. I think it just comes down to the quality of the player. Some clubs most important spine players are their fullback and half, others their hooke and half, others their fullback and half. I don't think you can definitely say what position is most important - that is subjective.

Hopefully, Turbo can stay on the field this season because he is certainly our most important player.

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8
8 3 5 -55 8