The Folau Saga ... or Castle's Catastrophy

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Atheists don't believe in heaven or hell so what do they care if Falou thinks they are going to hell? A real storm in a tea cup. The ARU should have just ignored his posts instead of trying to be bully boys. They had no business getting involved in such a hugely divisive social issue. 52% of the Australian population is Christian so what on earth were the ARU thinking. 94% of private schools are affiliated with a religion and these schools are the nursery for talent that the ARU depend upon. Pretty dumb decision that now cost them a pretty penny.

So one should be free to say whatever they like?
What if I suggested that all people of mediterranean descent were thieves and it is unwise to trust them?
A intelligent confident and assertive person would ignore you thus giving you no power in what you have said and made you and your comment irrelevant

An insecure low self esteem person would do the opposite

An intelligent confident and assertive person would ignore you thus giving you no power in what you have said and made you and your comment irrelevant

An insecure low self esteem person would do the opposite
If this resulted in negative actions towards those I singled out would I be responsible?
Or if people questioned the culture that exists at my workplace and chose to take their business elsewhere should I be held accountable?

If this resulted in negative actions towards those I singled out would I be responsible?
Or if people questioned the culture that exists at my workplace and chose to take their business elsewhere should I be held accountable?

The fact is.....
We are all unique and every one singles out some one as we all have different feelings and beliefs as we are human beings and not programed like robots from birth
images.jpg

Atheists don't believe in heaven or hell so what do they care if Falou thinks they are going to hell? A real storm in a tea cup. The ARU should have just ignored his posts instead of trying to be bully boys. They had no business getting involved in such a hugely divisive social issue. 52% of the Australian population is Christian so what on earth were the ARU thinking. 94% of private schools are affiliated with a religion and these schools are the nursery for talent that the ARU depend upon. Pretty dumb decision that now cost them a pretty penny.
Ah Yes ....
Good point !

Some one like me who does not believe in the Parramatta eels and Brad Aurthur says to me if I do not believe in the Eels and walk away from my Manly Warringah sins I would be going to hell

What a fcking joke LOL

Pretty dumb decision that now cost them a pretty penny.
The winner is .......
images.jpg

Pretty dumb decision that now cost them a pretty penny.
The winner is .......
View attachment 13259
Seriously? You think that is a win for "freedom of speech"?? Hmm, you've lost me there!

By the way, (and as everyone knows, because you all agreed to our Terms of Use) no-one can just say whatever they want here on Silvertails. Nor indeed in most civilised settings. Including in most workplaces, and many public places.

And you know all this very well! Surely you don't defend the 'right to free speech' of the buffoon who abused Archer?
I commend you to find the previous comments of Ian Roberts about the Folau post.

The problem the ARU had was that their major sponsor Qantas ... how can I put his delicately without upseting anyone .... is a major employer of supporters of the Lgbhztxlt community ..... and would have been very vocal and proactive in their outrage .... and would have been ... in my opinion .... in Rae Rae's ear the whole way .....

Actually, I don’t believe it was a win for either side or for free speech, which is only an assumed right here in Oz as I understand it.

RA, wasn’t proven right, in that they had the right to enforce their code of conduct on a player breaching the published code and hurting their brand or that they could terminate the players contract due to that breach. Many organisations, businesses/ employers and individuals could have benefitted from a ruling on that by the courts.

Izzy wasn’t vindicated, as he claims, in that it wasn’t proven that he was terminated on religious grounds and not as result of breaching a code of conduct, that he must have agreed to abide by when he signed his contract with RA, regarding vilifying people due to his religious beliefs.

I’m not privy to the contents and clauses of the club’s/ NRL‘s contracts, so it might already be contained in the player’s contracts, but Manly could have benefitted by being able to enforce a code of conduct on our players, which I assume the club has, if another Gladstone type incident was to occur and termination of the player’s contract was warranted.

The problem the ARU had was that their major sponsor Qantas ... how can I put his delicately without upseting anyone .... is a major employer of supporters of the Lgbhztxlt community ..... and would have been very vocal and proactive in their outrage .... and would have been ... in my opinion .... in Rae Rae's ear the whole way .....
The current correct term is QUILTBAG.

This whole thing is simply a legal matter.

RA mucked up his contract renewal, failing to put in a "don't say stupid sh!t on social media" clause like they were going to, then immaturely asked him to handshake agree to it.

From that moment on the IF/RA relationship was a ticking timebomb and always going to go off. He sorta quotes the bible and can easily claim it's out of love, any repercussions are "anti-free speech" but of course with the Vicar of Dibley merely a sockpuppet for the Leprechaun at the end of the rainbow it was always going to end in tears. She really was backed into a corner with no options and I can't find fault there.

Look for a strong renewal of the QANTAS sponsorship in the coming months. Perhaps with upgrades to the tune of $8m?

Speculations that she's done anywhere near a good job are also wildly inaccurate.

The disaster that is Morticia Addams started at the Dogs and continues to take down Rugby Australia.
Rugby has been in decline in Australia for decades. They really had to options; either sick to what they know and the small fan base it comes with or try to reinvent themselves and broaden appeal to the wider community.
But they've somehow managed to piss everyone off.
1575522874679.png

I was hoping that Izzy was going to take it all the way - I for one was extremely interested in hearing about how his previously infallible, all knowing, omnipotent, one and only true Mormon God was supplanted by his infallible, all knowing, omnipotent, one and only true Assemblies of God God. Would have been a fascinating tale.

All knowing? There are quite a few on this site...

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2