The first 8 weeks

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Mark from Brisbane

“ Boomer still Booming”
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Lots of positivity , equally a bit of negativity and that’s understandable.

In my opinion “ Rome wasn’t built in a day “ and this is a bit like building Rome.

To me this is very much a 2005-6 vibe with some great young players coming through, but possibly still short a player or two to take the next step.

Anyway , back to the first 8 weeks , and I’m wondering ( no sorry @Woodsie its not a poll ) how many everyone thinks we have a chance of winning , ie how many points will we be on after 8 rounds ( hint it’s at least 2).

V Bulldogs home
BYE
V Eels home
V Rabbitohs away
V Knights home
V Panthers away
V Storm home
V Wests Tigers away

I’m thinking at best 6 points from a possible 16 as we are playing last years Grand Finalists plus two great sides in Rabbitohs / Storm.

Meaning we have to beat the Knights , and then one of Bulldogs / Tigers ( both of whom have improved more than us roster wise ).

We could be on 8 OR worse we could be only on 4.

Not an easy start , in any way !!

And going to test the resolve of the faithful who will want instant success with a new coach.

Manly are pretty well known for losing R1, but I really think there is Massive importance more so than the usual to get the 2 points against the mutts...get out the blocks well will take off pressure early.
Week 2 bys so should get the chockies there.
I reckon will get Eels at home R3.
The next 5 games (R4 - R8) I see 2 - 3 Wins and could easily be a win against a "Big 4" side and a loss to a lower rated side.....in fact can see many upsets first 10 rounds till teams gel, injuries occur and 2nd half season will get the usual breakaway teams including 1 - 2 suprise packets which I hope includes us Manly Seaeagles @:smirk:

Manly are pretty well known for losing R1, but I really think there is Massive importance more so than the usual to get the 2 points against the mutts...get out the blocks well will take off pressure early.
Week 2 bys so should get the chockies there.
I reckon will get Eels at home R3.
The next 5 games (R4 - R8) I see 2 - 3 Wins and could easily be a win against a "Big 4" side and a loss to a lower rated side.....in fact can see many upsets first 10 rounds till teams gel, injuries occur and 2nd half season will get the usual breakaway teams including 1 - 2 suprise packets which I hope includes us Manly Seaeagles @:smirk:

Yeah, this year with a fresh coaching staff, will be a good time to break the 1st Round loss thing. Do that, pick up the 2 for the bye and go into the Eels game with a big home crowd and a bit of confidence, we could easily be 6 points after 3 rounds. If that happens, the confidence gained could be enough to surprise a couple of those top tier teams. So I'd be hoping for 10 points and not less than 8.

Still time to change your vote
My vote isn’t based on the first 8 weeks which I think will be very very tough.

My vote is based on improvement over the entire season , and I think we will see that.

I’m sure Seibold / Flanagan have VERY much looked at the first 8 weeks and it will be a test of their character, as much as ours to hang in there and not expect miracles overnight.

I'm confident we'll get the points from the bye. Otherwise I reckon we might only jag one win from those first eight weeks, providing we manage to beat the Knights.

Naturally, I would love to be proved wrong, but I'm still traumatised from last season, and my lack of confidence in this group of players will remain until the results force me to reconsider.

In my opinion “ Rome wasn’t built in a day “ and this is a bit like building Rome.

To me this is very much a 2005-6 vibe with some great young players coming through, but possibly still short a player or two to take the next step.

Anyway , back to the first 8 weeks , and I’m wondering ( no sorry @Woodsie its not a poll ) how many everyone thinks we have a chance of winning , ie how many points will we be on after 8 rounds ( hint it’s at least 2).

V Bulldogs home
BYE
V Eels home
V Rabbitohs away
V Knights home
V Panthers away
V Storm home
V Wests Tigers away

I’m thinking at best 6 points from a possible 16 as we are playing last years Grand Finalists plus two great sides in Rabbitohs / Storm.

Meaning we have to beat the Knights , and then one of Bulldogs / Tigers ( both of whom have improved more than us roster wise ).

And going to test the resolve of the faithful who will want instant success with a new coach.
Loses to Panthers, Storm and Rabbits sees us on 10 points. I'd be happy with that

Probably dangerous to say this (given its a sample of 1) but i think we will know after the first match what sort of season we are in for. The consensus on the Dogs is that they are a fringe eight team.

A convincing win and we will be 10-12 points after round 8.

A loss and we will be lucky to have 4 points.

It's that clear for me.

Except for the last 6 minutes, we were beating the Storm comprehensively in Rd 16 last year. We were without Turbo & they were missing Munster, Coates, R. Smith & Kaufusi. When we next play them, they won't have the two Bromwichs, Kaufusi or B. Smith. If we are near full strength, there's no reason we can't repeat this result 🦅

Manly v Storm.jpg

Last edited:
Except for the last 6 minutes, we were beating the Storm comprehensively in Rd 16 last year. We were without Turbo & they were missing Munster, Coates, R. Smith & Kaufusi. When we next play them, they won't have the two Bromwichs, Kaufusi or B. Smith. If we are near full strength, there's no reason we can't make repeat this result 🦅

View attachment 23091 🦅

Kamikamica still stood down as well?!

I’m going with 4 wins plus the bye Manly could be on 10 points , With winning one of the games against the Storm or the eels don’t think they can win both of those games but could win one of them being that there played at home
Which would be a great start

V Bulldogs home. - Win
BYE
V Eels home. - either win or loose
V Rabbitohs away - Loose
V Knights home - Win
V Panthers away - Loose
V Storm home - either win or loose
V Wests Tigers away - win

A good cross section of thoughts here, and I certainly appreciate any thoughts are at this point , conjecture.

We really won’t know much until round 1.

If they win , we are on the way , if they are competitive I’ll be super happy.

If they are thrashed, it’ll be a real worry.

Except for the last 6 minutes, we were beating the Storm comprehensively in Rd 16 last year. We were without Turbo & they were missing Munster, Coates, R. Smith & Kaufusi. When we next play them, they won't have the two Bromwichs, Kaufusi or B. Smith. If we are near full strength, there's no reason we can't make repeat this result 🦅
No guarantee Papy is back either. He basically shattered his knee cap and is still yet to run flat out nearly six months later.

Bulldogs home W
BYE W
Eels home W
Rabbitohs away W
Knights home W
Panthers away
Storm home W
Wests Tigers away W

14 points
Leading the comp
Sold out home crowds
Beat bulldogs by 6 in warm up
Do eels by 18 home
Flog souffs on thier dung hill by 26
Announce to all we are back

V Bulldogs home
BYE
V Eels home
V Rabbitohs away
V Knights home
V Panthers away
V Storm home
V Wests Tigers away

Win or lose I hope we whack some teams and get some pride back.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4