The Devolution of the Sloth

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Id love it if someone actually did it!!
If the gift shop sold Manly branded tissues they’d be a sell out for Christmas! I’m sure we can all think of at least one peanut in our lives we could send a box to.
* Manly tissues and Parramatta toilet paper would be a great combo pack from Santa
Help yourself to a MANly 6 pack

Watching the Fibros/Silvertails doco it is amazing how bitter Gibbs and O'Grady were nearly 30 years later. The old (Nick Lowe, also John Lennon and Groucho Marx) adage "Time wounds all heels" comes to mind. What struck me was how bitter they and Roy Masters were and how nonchalant John Dorahy was in the doco. Maybe it was because Joe Cool later played for us, but maybe it is that he still had a successful career afterwards. 1978 was as good as it would get for the Sloth. Still remember a great brawl at Brookie in May 1979. Dallas Donnelly and Steve Knight on the eastern side punching each other harder than I have seen anyone punch. And Brucey Gibbs and Magilla Thompson duking it out too. Magilla gave a pretty good account of himself as I remember.

Watching the Fibros/Silvertails doco it is amazing how bitter Gibbs and O'Grady were nearly 30 years later. The old (Nick Lowe, also John Lennon and Groucho Marx) adage "Time wounds all heels" comes to mind. What struck me was how bitter they and Roy Masters were and how nonchalant John Dorahy was in the doco. Maybe it was because Joe Cool later played for us, but maybe it is that he still had a successful career afterwards. 1978 was as good as it would get for the Sloth. Still remember a great brawl at Brookie in May 1979. Dallas Donnelly and Steve Knight on the eastern side punching each other harder than I have seen anyone punch. And Brucey Gibbs and Magilla Thompson duking it out too. Magilla gave a pretty good account of himself as I remember.
Good point.
The sloth and O'Grady were hardly world beaters...

Good point.
The sloth and O'Grady were hardly world beaters...

O'Grady and Gibbs were a bit before my time unfortunately. The only thing I can remember seeing of either is when John Ribot scored that 65m intercept try in our 1982 KB Cup Final win over Newtown at Leichhardt. O'Grady chased but Ribot left him for dead.

How sad is it to remember that Ribot was a Manly player at one point. Especially given that he was front and centre with Super League and the damage that civil war did to the game in the 90s.

Ahhhh it's all part of the wonderful historical fabric that makes up the game of footy we all love / like!

At least he can warm his aging bones at the glow of all the magpie premierships and still watch his team run around each week and...

stuff

It is also comforting to giggle at the fact that Wests still hold the record for the most number of wooden spoons (17) .... however they will soon lose even that claim to fame with Parra only three behind (14) ... and closing fast ....

I don’t see the problem. He’s a West’s man who played in a very brutal era and he hates Manly. Good luck to him... it’s better than the political correct, all embracing, mechanical responses we mostly hear from the players today.

It’s been 12 years since the 2007 GF and I still despise the Storm... after all, the game has been founded upon tribalism and feuds. Max Krillich showed us how it’s done when he came out in the media and pointed towards the perceived favouritism of Cameron Smith. I hope the Old first grade hard heads keep it coming to be honest.

It’s better than listening to Paul Kent’s one game worth of experience bleating on each day.

Aaaand good on him for dropping so much weight.

Last edited:

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4