The Dead Wood needs to go!!!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
As long as the criticism isn't personal, why shouldn't it be warranted. It's a results based business and Im a club member so why can't I have my say, since my membership fee would go towards his wages. Most fans who turn up to the game are earning a lot less than he does, and I'd dare say if those fans weren't competent at what they do to earn a crust then they would be under pressure as well.
I get what you're saying se2023, Sieb's has his hands tied atm as far as centres goes and looks like we have to stick with Harps till Koula comes back in a few weeks time. If Tui hadn't got injured he'd probably be the centre now. In the meantime we all should get behind Harper for the Storm game, cause he's going to need it.

As long as the criticism isn't personal, why shouldn't it be warranted. It's a results based business and Im a club member so why can't I have my say, since my membership fee would go towards his wages. Most fans who turn up to the game are earning a lot less than he does, and I'd dare say if those fans weren't competent at what they do to earn a crust then they would be under pressure as well.
A lot of the time when I see Harper concede a try, he's not even committed to the tackle because he's too slow or gets caught out in numbers.
Just be aware your membership fee does NOT pay his wages, that’s all done through the NRL, and is part of the salary cap for each club.

Your membership fee goes direct to the Franchise ( the Penn’s ).

Firstly let me say this
I do not Hate any person
I only Hate Losing and seeing the lowering of our Legendary clubs Greatness and High standards

I have never seen in my life at any game level a player not making an attempt to catch a bomb only to soccer kick it back to the opposition for another set of six near our try line resulting in another Penrith try .
Parker was dominated the week before against a more dominant centre in Gagai and again against Chrighton

The moral of the obvious story
Keep Persisting with inferior players like Parker and we will keep being dominated against quality opposition
And to think Seibold said in presser today that Parker has been strong so yeah I don’t know what he is smoking

Just my two cents worth but I am firmly of the opinion that backs only perform as well as their forwards allow. There seems to be this notion that we are holding our own in the middle but being exposed on the edges. I disagree. We are being badly beaten in the middle, both with and without the ball. We are struggling to create any momentum around the ruck due to Croker's service and a lacklustre effort from a pack that lacks leg speed. It's no surprise that Bully has been the most impressive performer in the middle thus far, because he is the only middle with any speed over the advantage line. Aloiai used to have some but his knees put an end to that. Paseka and Keppie are cumbersome. I'd never knock Jake's effort but he is slow over the ad line.

Then when the opposition have the ball, they are running through us, finding their front and playing the ball quickly, then we backpedal and there's no line speed as a result. Teams shift the ball off quick ruck speed and the edges are exposed. It will happen to any edge in the competition, when their forwards are not controlling the ruck. Sure, Harper and Parker struggle to compensate for the problems in the middle more-so than other centres, but targeting the backs is not going to be the difference between winning and losing. Fixing the big problems in the middle will bring us closer to winning than moving the likes of Parker and Harper on. Of course, I'd like more dynamic centres than Parker and Harper to potentially challenge for a premiership but they are not the reason we cannot compete at the moment.
Some astute observations mate. Well done. Line speed of our forward pack is a huge issue.

Ok ill admit Im wrong there if thats true, but I join for the sake of supporting my club.

Then if you're supporting your club, start by supporting the 17 players that take the field in our jersey each week.

Regarding your defense 'criticism is fine if it isn't personal' - constant and persistent slamming of the same 2 players does make it seem personal, especially in 3 short weeks. You, and others, have made your stance crystal clear. I don't think we need to continue to slam blokes that wear our colours. It's becoming vicious around here.

Feel free to continue to share your views, it is a forum after all, but eventually people will grow tired of it and become more confrontational with you.

Then if you're supporting your club, start by supporting the 17 players that take the field in our jersey each week.

Regarding your defense 'criticism is fine if it isn't personal' - constant and persistent slamming of the same 2 players does make it seem personal, especially in 3 short weeks. You, and others, have made your stance crystal clear. I don't think we need to continue to slam blokes that wear our colours. It's becoming vicious around here.

Feel free to continue to share your views, it is a forum after all, but eventually people will grow tired of it and become more confrontational with you.
It's called having an opinion and if you don't like it just ignore it. Not that hard mate. You want everyone to think like you then youre the one with the problem. I welcome the fact we can have a difference in opinion and I've never said anything personal about the players , so stop implying that I have when Ive done no such thing. If you can't handle an echo chamber other than your own then stiff cheese.

Last edited:
It's called having an opinion and if you don't like it just ignore it. Not that hard mate. You want everyone to think like you then youre the one with the problem. I welcome the fact we can have a difference in opinion and I've never said anything personal about the players , so stop implying that I have when Ive done no such thing. If you can't handle an echo chamber other than your own then stiff cheese.

Sure, an 'opinion'. Call it what you want champ, but when you repeat it ad nauseam for 3 weeks straight, I think we move into 'personal' territory. But hey, that's just my opinion, you're free to ignore it.

You're entitled to your own thoughts, but at the end of the day you post on a public forum, so people are entitled to respond.

Anyways, must get back to polishing those turds. Have a lovely day. Up the Sea Eagles.

Ok ill admit Im wrong there if thats true, but I join for the sake of supporting my club.
Good on you for joining , and that’s the very reason you should , but yes you are 110% wrong.

The NRL pays the players , directly , and handles all the paperwork / superannuation etc. it’s the same for every club.

However , Third Party Agreements are paid direct to the player from those providing the TPA’s , the club doesn’t have any employment arrangements with the players other than the contract for them to play with that club.

Your funds go to the franchise , who employ the coach , and all staff associated with running the club ( membership , media etc etc ) the Franchise also gets a large grant from the NRL to cover most of these costs.

But yes , your funds don’t go anywhere near a player.

Good on you for joining , and that’s the very reason you should , but yes you are 110% wrong.

The NRL pays the players , directly , and handles all the paperwork / superannuation etc. it’s the same for every club.

However , Third Party Agreements are paid direct to the player from those providing the TPA’s , the club doesn’t have any employment arrangements with the players other than the contract for them to play with that club.

Your funds go to the franchise , who employ the coach , and all staff associated with running the club ( membership , media etc etc ) the Franchise also gets a large grant from the NRL to cover most of these costs.

But yes , your funds don’t go anywhere near a player.
They probably need to increase the fine print in those membership forms.
As members we get very little in return by way of benefits in terms of the club, so I kind of think its only fair we can have our say in terms of offering feedback as how the club is run.

They probably need to increase the fine print in those membership forms.
As members we get very little in return by way of benefits in terms of the club, so I kind of think its only fair we can have our say in terms of offering feedback as how the club is run.
End of the day , unless you get a seat to all games it’s just a donation.

You don’t get a say , a vote nor are your opinions going to mean anything.

BUT, it’s still good to support the club , which I’ve been doing for 20 years now.

By the way @TheSoaringEagle2023 I’m not trying to be a smartarse , but I was involved with the club in a commercial relationship for many many years so I do know the insides of how much of this works.

So my aim is to educate rather than just be a critical pain in the arse.

By the way @TheSoaringEagle2023 I’m not trying to be a smartarse , but I was involved with the club in a commercial relationship for many many years so I do know the insides of how much of this works.

So my aim is to educate rather than just be a critical pain in the arse.
Not at all. I wasn't thinking you were. My thanks for letting me know. You didnt have to go out of your way to do it.

Im pretty disappointed how Rugby League clubs treat their fans. The AFL does it a lot better in a lot of ways. The fan engagement is a lot more dynamic with the AFL and they treat the fans with a lot more respect. I know this because I have a few mates that are diehard AFL supporters and they are really happy and proud to be members irrespective of the results, but just more about how professional the club is run and how they look after their members.

I know I might seem like a bit of a hard arse on these forums but I don't see anything wrong about demanding standards if the players are underperforming and especially if it's not personal attacks on the players or their families.

As a newbie , Im still trying to navigate my way around here, but when some fans are happy with mediocrity and refuse to acknowledge the glaring issues facing the club then why bother following the club at all.

Last edited:
The Club has not been the same since 2014 and the Foran/DCE contract circus. DCE has put his hand out for Cooper Cronk money and more, but has never come close to Cronks ability. The stupid money paid has meant the roster has been compromised ever since. DCE won a premiership on the Coat Tails of the Stewart brothers in 2011 and that very special roster we had back then. They all took "unders" to build that roster, but between DCE & the Turbo's we have nothing left to build a quality & balanced roster. We won't win another premiership until a new generation of players have the "unders" to stay together attitude & that seems unlikely as every player now, understandably, squeezes the club for every last cent they can and to hell with the roster. We certainly won't win a premiership with DCE in the team, let alone as our captain.

Fire away, I have my bullet proof jacket on.

The Club has not been the same since 2014 and the Foran/DCE contract circus. DCE has put his hand out for Cooper Cronk money and more, but has never come close to Cronks ability. The stupid money paid has meant the roster has been compromised ever since. DCE won a premiership on the Coat Tails of the Stewart brothers in 2011 and that very special roster we had back then. They all took "unders" to build that roster, but between DCE & the Turbo's we have nothing left to build a quality & balanced roster. We won't win another premiership until a new generation of players have the "unders" to stay together attitude & that seems unlikely as every player now, understandably, squeezes the club for every last cent they can and to hell with the roster. We certainly won't win a premiership with DCE in the team, let alone as our captain.

Fire away, I have my bullet proof jacket on.
arnold schwarzenegger predator GIF

Good Luck! lol

A lot of the time when I see Harper concede a try, he's not even committed to the tackle because he's too slow or gets caught out in numbers.
From a players point of view i would think that almost everything we talk about on here is pure speculation based on 80 minutes without any real knowledge must cause them some frustration

As an example all our wingers rush in off the edges and have done so for years and years as yet we still have how many threads having go's at players for doing it? Clearly it is coached

From a players point of view i would think that almost everything we talk about on here is pure speculation based on 80 minutes without any real knowledge must cause them some frustration

As an example all our wingers rush in off the edges and have done so for years and years as yet we still have how many threads having go's at players for doing it? Clearly it is coached
I agree, we don't know what goes on behind the scenes. But it continues to happen....what do you do?

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
9 6 3 57 14
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 4 5 -16 8
9 4 5 -19 8