• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
But all this seems to be predicated on Flannigan staying at Manly ... ??
Would we sign him to get shane to commit as a SUPER coaching team for another 2 years. Would really put manly in the box seat to cherry pick coaches at completion, if an iron clad commitment to selbs flanno and kylo ended all at once with DCE contract also

we are to persist with dce so a kyle style player is interesting . He is almost robotic , can kick , has good service, plays in the lind , but cant really ice it
it worked with green. green had a bit of more seniority, and in career terms was in a bit of a purple patch
humprhries seems similar and contracted but untested. next season most likely unless we get smashed. Might get some small debut time

if we have money though, another hooker seems to make sense. the frog is pretty flexible and could do stints at 13, halves, hooker, and a tackling back rower in short stints as well as holding down 9

The talk is DCE is going to play 5/8 next year and Kyle Flannigan to play half. Schuster 2nd row
no-for-the-love-of-god.jpg

As critical as I've been on DCE the last few years it appears that he's been made to take on the line more this year. He's playing much better as a result and any suggestion of Kyle F taking over at 7 is beyond looney tunes.

Big effort by chez.gutsy Running from dummy half each week looking his best tool of late. the numbers speak for themselves in defence. Its time. DCE into the 9 rotation

one really great kick chase moment. Most other kicks ……..well he deserves his moment. He had a dig

Big effort by chez.gutsy Running from dummy half each week looking his best tool of late. the numbers speak for themselves in defence. Its time. DCE into the 9 rotation

Would have been the best #9 in the comp over the last decade, if our coaches had any balls.

Yes he had a dig and was one of our best last night, topping the tackle count as a half says a lot about our side, nothing positive by the way, however Chez was involved in letting 2 simple DH tries in, maybe not totally his fault, but pretty stupid niggling with Flogger in that situation and then the Herbie try, he left early and basically invited him in, it worked, his kicking bar the one good kick and chase that ended up wasted after the restart was really ordinary.

Also found it interesting SOO was on his mind, he even confirmed talking to Walsh about his game on the field when asked about him in the presser, presumably discussing his SOO prospects. His a very polarising character, who struggles to lift those around him, his the captain, the half and the primary play maker, our most senior player, a rep player and yet he struggles to run our side, believe it or not, I’m not bagging the guy, he played his guts out last night, I’m just writing the truth, at 34 years of age we can’t build anything around his game going forward, he should of bitten the bullet personally and played 9 a few years ago, when we still had Cust to step in and play half, now we don’t have any grade ready options, I can see why we looked at Flano junior as bad as that sounds, anyway DCE is about DCE and he wouldn’t of wanted the 9 on his back anyway and at 34 still has rep footy on his mind as a halfback, can’t wait to see how we go through the origin period.

We know DCE is a top half. His SOO alongside top players shows that. His skills would be wasted at hooker. If Manly can get Schuster fit and consistent, problem would be solved. That combination is a good balance, just as DCE and Munster had a good balance in SOO.
What we know about origin is that he likes to play 3rd or 4th fiddle behind munster, grant, hunt, ponga etc and contribute when all eyes are elsewhere Without the pressure. Its like batting on adelaide oval at 2 /365 . If there was a 7th fiddle his application is done lets put it that way.

but at NRL level with weaker squads, where the teams true test is balancing enough skills, strengths, speed, control, endurance leadership and brains to a 30 man to a certain coin value/squad to win a title he quite simply isnt fit for purpose. He takes too much from column A and needs players 2, 3, 4and 5 to fill in too many roles in column B

he is a good footy player, high skill level and is dedicated to a point of effort but shows little interest in improvement outside of his dedicated skill package

blake green ran the show for little money and left because he was underpaid for his craft at the time. just on Blake, i rabbit on about every 3 weeks that dce short bombs/chips are never high or long enough. Last night the commentators where saying the same. Does blake green , harry houdini or lee majors standing on the other side of the field make those kicks more effective. Its a very valid question and one of the big changes that could increase his contribution. Saabs try last week was not a regular snapshot of opportunity created by the kick

to win a comp with dce you need a very good/expensive hooker, and maybe adam reynolds but he is a million dollar accomplice who needs to be calling the shots as top dog, but if DCE loses the kicking and shabby organising what would he do, work from home, really

its time we started building out team around turbo and what turbo needs . what DCE needs is SOOOOOO last decade.

I don't get too involved in the whole DCE debate. He plays some absolutely brilliant matches but has a few that don't justify his pay packet as well.

But I will say this. Watch last night's presser. While Siebs is giving all the platitudes he can muster, DCE is sitting there absolutely shattered not saying a word. I took a fair bit of solace in this. I absolutely hate seeing our boys post match having a laugh with the opposition after just having their asses handed to them.

So DCE....thanks.....thanks for showing you actually give a toss when we get humiliated. Because let me assure you....the fans care.

What we know about origin is that he likes to play 3rd or 4th fiddle behind munster, grant, hunt, ponga etc and contribute when all eyes are elsewhere Without the pressure. Its like batting on adelaide oval at 2 /365 . If there was a 7th fiddle his application is done lets put it that way.

but at NRL level with weaker squads, where the teams true test is balancing enough skills, strengths, speed, control, endurance leadership and brains to a 30 man to a certain coin value/squad to win a title he quite simply isnt fit for purpose. He takes too much from column A and needs players 2, 3, 4and 5 to fill in too many roles in column B

he is a good footy player, high skill level and is dedicated to a point of effort but shows little interest in improvement outside of his dedicated skill package

blake green ran the show for little money and left because he was underpaid for his craft at the time. just on Blake, i rabbit on about every 3 weeks that dce short bombs/chips are never high or long enough. Last night the commentators where saying the same. Does blake green , harry houdini or lee majors standing on the other side of the field make those kicks more effective. Its a very valid question and one of the big changes that could increase his contribution. Saabs try last week was not a regular snapshot of opportunity created by the kick

to win a comp with dce you need a very good/expensive hooker, and maybe adam reynolds but he is a million dollar accomplice who needs to be calling the shots as top dog, but if DCE loses the kicking and shabby organising what would he do, work from home, really

its time we started building out team around turbo and what turbo needs . what DCE needs is SOOOOOO last decade.

Agree with a lot you say. Disagree that he plays second fiddle to a group of players in SOO. He's one of the dominent backs and can play his natural game because he has other clever players around him. That's why he was so effective back in 2011. He had a young fit Foran, Jamie Lyon, Matai and Brett Stewart and a forward pack with authority. Didnt play second fiddle. He's always in the middle of things, but doesnt have to take so much of the responsibility in SOO as he does at Manly because he has others around him that he can rely on.

However I agree he needs a quick thinking and passing hooker who through guile creates space for the outside backs. I'm hoping Chan meets the requirements. Agree with Blake Green. Very under rated and complemented DCE well, because he was an organiser, which DCE is not. DCE is effective because he is a fit jack in the box like Des Hasler was, hard to keep down, hard to tackle. He also has one of the best kicking games in the League. But he needs quality ball players, not hard working, predictable 5/8s and hookers

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2