• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I'll take wins over anyone. But our team as a whole looked more direct, structured, focused. He put Olakau'atu on a killing spree.
Foz and his Killing spree against the wooden spooners and toothless Kats

Sorry feathered friend but that does not get my feather tail up

See the source image

Fo

Son… go back and read the question!
Do you think that anyone else would have succeeded as captain over the last 7 weeks?

Did you specify that someone had to be someone in the side? No

If your question had read, do you think anyone else in the side would have succeeded as captain over the last 7 weeks?

I would have answered differently.

I answered your question based on how I read it, believing the players wouldn’t have thrown the towel in under Tom’s leadership, regardless of the prevailing circumstances.

I’ll add this as my final piece, I think Daly is a big part of our problem, I don’t believe his a well respected captain, I also don’t believe his a good leader and I don’t think his the right person to continue captaining us going forward, his been our captain since taking over from killer, who was a fantastic captain that inspired his troops to give their all, the difference is blindingly obvious, DCE has not excelled as a captain and I doubt we’ll see anything different going forward under his leadership, we need a captain the player respect and follow, we need Tom on the field and with the c beside his name, DCE’s capacity has run its term.

Last edited:
I would personally like to see a co-captaincy between Chez + Jake but in saying that I don’t think you need to know someone personally before deciding whether you believe they are a great captain/leader or not. I never met Jamie Lyon and I loved him as Captain.
I think if Dessie has any sense he'll go with the good old 'leadership group' next year.
So he won't.

DCE is captain in name only. I don’t believe he actually “leads” the team. To be honest, I don’t think too many of them really listen to what Jake says either. Although, Jake does command huge respect for his actions.
The “real “ leader of the team is Tom. He’s far and away the best player and arguably the smartest. When he speaks, they all listen. Making Tom captain should be the first step in fixing the many issues the club is currently facing.

DCE is captain in name only. I don’t believe he actually “leads” the team. To be honest, I don’t think too many of them really listen to what Jake says either. Although, Jake does command huge respect for his actions.
The “real “ leader of the team is Tom. He’s far and away the best player and arguably the smartest. When he speaks, they all listen. Making Tom captain should be the first step in fixing the many issues the club is currently facing.

So, you are a fan of non playing captains? 🤔😄

Of course it was all Foran's doing. No mention of Schuster at 5/8 who had one of his few good games this year...at 5/8 might I add.

I love Schuster mate, and my comment was in no way directed at him. He absolutely played an integral part in those games, but this thread was about DCE, and the halfback position directly. Foran straightened our attack, and had our forwards monsterring the ad line at speed, and not from a standing start - something DCE seems to have mastered.

Just My opinion
Put DCE behind the Penrith team
and Cleary behind the Manly team
and both teams wont change positions on the ladder
Did you watch the game last night ?
You cannot compare Dce and Cleary .
One is the best half in the Nrl the other is somewhere behind the middle of the pack.
I don't think one of our players could get into that Panthers 13.
But back to the original statement ,Cleary is going to lead Manly to more wins for sure.
And Dce would definitely squander points when Cleary has won the games for Panthers.
Moral of the story unfortunately is -
We suck at the moment and need to try something new !
Team doesn't look like changing massively ,so we start with the leadership and find someone else to lead.

Last edited:
No mate. Of the rare wins we had, not only did we win both games, we flogged the opposition, and lost as soon as DCE returned :
Mate your like an illicit drug to my forum finger that no matter how much I try I just can't jog on when you post. Like WTF. I really just want to skim past and keep reading but I always find myself putting the gloves on for a bash.

So the 2 games you talk about are the warriors and tigers. Both spoon contenders for large parts of the year. Then DCE returns and for 74 min we were all over the cowboys who finished second and all over the Storm that scored 4 tries in 8 min. Both those games were excellent team performances led by DCE for the most part..

Its not really fair to compare those 2 to the warriors and tigers is it?

Mate your like an illicit drug to my forum finger that no matter how much I try I just can't jog on when you post. Like WTF. I really just want to skim past and keep reading but I always find myself putting the gloves on for a bash.

So the 2 games you talk about are the warriors and tigers. Both spoon contenders for large parts of the year. Then DCE returns and for 74 min we were all over the cowboys who finished second and all over the Storm that scored 4 tries in 8 min. Both those games were excellent team performances led by DCE for the most part..

Its not really fair to compare those 2 to the warriors and tigers is it?
lol lol - I learned after his rude obnoxious and attack the person type posts to just ignore. Obviously a very passionate Manly fan which is great but the outbursts and personal attacks are constant and just plain unacceptable. I have no problems people telling me that I have no idea... because I probably don't.. or that I am a dribbler or any other form of mild person focused criticism - I think that is all in bounds of fair play on here but MOD and others think having an unhinged vent and attacking people is ok if somewhere you come back and make some form of apology.. only to do it again and again. Just ignore is the only option.

I ****ing love this thread

I think some fans get carried away with his highlight reel and lose perspective of what wins matches

a runaway try in the 70th minute looks great on the reel at seasons end and on footy shows but does SFA in addressing the manlys obvious weakness.

better teams control and manage certain parts of the game better despite having less skill purely to build moments of opportunity , and not to provide them, we do not

DCE fails in this role over and over again but provides highlights when games are lost , woo hoo

who cares how he plays for qld with a 85m cap as he gets to play the lesser role and he does. just not relevent at all and conveniently forgetting the first 2.5 matches where he did SFA and are concentrating on the highlight reel again. he had a couple of moments in the last half but rarely looked dominant

at manly he is the main man, plain and simple. put his hand up, applied for the job and has been breezing through trying to be number 5 in the pecking order

his kicking game despite being a super kick is mainly ineffectual again except for highlight reels stuff. his positioning is woeful and sets the bar so low i wonder why we even care about 9 drop balls. people always want to know why turbo is the only chaser. DCE goes that far behind the line for protection to kick everyone is offside. a few 40/20and the odd banana kick elevates his kicking game just above deplorable to predictable and defensive. overall he scores low. a few super highlights though, especially when he was negotiating a new contract. would have kicked his grandma for field position back then

he will not engage the line willingly and probably scores a 1 out of 10 in this area alone

i suppose his fans are just willing to ignore these things, the impact it has on team , performance, table position and morale because when tom gets back he might do all the hard work cherry is employed to do for him and then cherry can get back to being the aussie and qld half that turns out for his club side

if we persist we are saying we dont need these things

schuster has them of its up to tom next year

and that sux

said it before DCE is a seinfeld sidler to good form. Players get good, DCE turns up to cash in, and that is a good skill, just dont pay a million plus for it

fans enjoy the cash in more that the hard work, field position, control and energy that presented the opportunity and thats why some manly fans cheer DCE seperately it seems

ultimately if he can not perform the role of a top 7
and his salary make it difficult to switch his position and recruit another he is part of the problem and not the solution

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2