• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Man so fukin close.. he nearly did us a favour by quitting the club. He is obviously a polarising character. For him to admit to be close to walking out reinforces the notion that he is not well liked. He isn't and never will be a true leader of the playing group. He should quit his day job and run for parliament.

Very unimpressive interview.

Successful captains talk about how they love their club and their teammates, and will bust a gut so they can win the comp.

Chez says he is “comfortable” with his teammates, thought about breaking his contract just after he signed it and will try to make the finals next year.

Anyone would think it’s Chez with the agenda to make Jake captain, as that’s what I think most fans would want after reading that.

Its ALWAYS about him. Remember the last play he put on against Melbourne when we beat them last round this year ? We were up by six with 20 seconds to go and he is going for a try assist in the corner. The week before we lost through complacency againt the Cows after being in a position were we could not lose. He is a great player and a good human but a leader and game manager he is not. Theres no short-fallings in that , the sooner they all accept it the better off the club will be.
If there was leadership in the place, the seven protesters would have found an ear and a compromise and played. Ironically have a look at who the guys were in isolation with Covid that week with no way of helping the situation.

Not sure that there should be that much of an issue with D C E being the captain . Obviously with the side underperforming in the latter part of the season , inevitably will be a bit more scrutiny on how the side is being led , guided , inspired , whatever . If it would result in D C E being a bit more switched on better with on field decision making and options , probably would be recommended but doubt that this would do it .. Just some selectivel re adjustment with his general play and relinquishing the captain 's role would be unlikely to do that so may as well keep that role . Not sure or quite sure that it would not be an improvement if Jake took on that role and with his very passionate approach or anyone else currently for that matter . D C E should have just brushed off any captain related discussion ,, understandable for a bit of frustration but again in the present climate , nothing really helpful in making a public issue of it ,

Yes but as you say @Kiwi Eagle they are germs, media parasites, press vultures, oxygen thieves etc
Most of "them" have zero credibility or believability.....
The only way to make them seem credible is to keep giving them more oxygen. DCE understands this implicitly. Why he has chosen this path, at this time, is beyond me.

Maybe, just maybe he's smarter than you think.
Could be his way of calling out the agitators (at the club) and getting it sorted sooner rather than later.

It's not like he would have sought out the interview either.

“There are some things I will never be able to control at Manly but the things I can control are the relationships I have with the coaching staff and playing group and the ownership".
I wonder if the full interview with Badel is available somewhere? I saw some snippets of DCE answering questions on Fox yesterday but he did not refer to the owners at all.

He said "people just want to cause uncertainty... "people at the one the club want to rip the place apart, those things I can’t control...But what I can have an impact on is the playing group. I am really confident about where I stand and where the playing group stands with each other

[On rumours he isn’t the best captain for Manly] "these were just rumours , there were certain agendas trying to be driven... just personal attacks"

On Des - "I said from the start I’m a big fan of Des Hasler and a big fan of him doing the job as a coach here as long as he can do that.

Which begs the question, if it is not the players, with whom he has a good relationship, and it's not Des, for whom he continues to have a high regard...then who the hell in the club is wanting to cause uncertainty and wanting to rip the place apart??

As for the comment about having thought about walking away, that was in answer to a specific question. He could have lied, he chose to give an honest answer. Which was entirely appropriate. (Especially because one of his favourite sayings is 'to be honest'!)

Maybe, just maybe he's smarter than you think.
Could be his way of calling out the agitators (at the club) and getting it sorted sooner rather than later.

It's not like he would have sought out the interview either.
He's smart, all right. One of the smartest guys in the NRL. No question about that. However, using a media interview to "call out the agitators (at the club)" is not one of the smartest things I have read here. Firstly, it's not Daly's role to do that. Secondly, the only way to sort this **** out "sooner rather than later" is to do it completely in-house and in confidence. I don't blame Daly for any of the **** that is happening in the background. That's entirely on the club, particularly on Scott Penn and his minions (formal and informal). Yes, Panoutas Peterides, that means you. Peter Peters and the term in-confidence have always been a contradiction in terms.

Last edited:
Hahaha This guy never disappoints. Now 9/10 players that have had there leadership questioned have usually offered to step aside. You know, for the good of the club or to work on my game.
Not this born leader, his response? I considered walking out on the club! Hahaha pure gold. As others have said, clearly he thinks he’s bigger than the club.

As for the club itself? An anonymous ballot should have been conducted of the top 30 to get an honest scale of how they really feel.

Hahaha This guy never disappoints. Now 9/10 players that have had there leadership questioned have usually offered to step aside. You know, for the good of the club or to work on my game.
Not this born leader, his response? I considered walking out on the club! Hahaha pure gold. As others have said, clearly he thinks he’s bigger than the club.

As for the club itself? An anonymous ballot should have been conducted of the top 30 to get an honest scale of how they really feel.
In a earlier interview he stated he went to the team and said he would step down as captain if that is what the team wanted ( as the rumours stated) but they assured him it was all bull****

He's smart, all right. One of the smartest guys in the NRL. No question about that. However, using a media interview to "call out the agitators (at the club)" is not one of the smartest things I have read here. Firstly, it's not Daly's role to do that. Secondly, the only way to sort this ** out "sooner rather than later" is to do it completely in-house and in confidence. I don't blame Daly for any of the ** that is happening in the background. That's entirely on the club, particularly on Scott Penn and his minions (formal and informal). Yes, Panoutas Peterides, that means you. Peter Peters and the term in-confidence have always been a contradiction in terms.
I think he has every right to use the media,they are the ones stating all the rumours and they are all personal attacks on his character (nothing about football) no one likes him,player unrest because of him, they go on about mental health but he gets attacked not his football but his Character, personality,no one gets along with him , probably why I like him he is Manly,a lot of other player's would have folded by now

I think he has every right to use the media,they are the ones stating all the rumours and they are all personal attacks on his character (nothing about football) no one likes him,player unrest because of him, they go on about mental health but he gets attacked not his football but his Character, personality,no one gets along with him , probably why I like him he is Manly,a lot of other player's would have folded by now
Agreed. It’s the first story in a while where there has been a Manly story not quoting “anonymous sources” or “someone close to the playing group”, well played DCE.

It is pretty unusual, I'm hard pressed to think of another time a club captain of a club in crisis has come out so clearly and stated there are people in the club trying to tear the place apart. That is a pretty direct comment.
And Daly is not known for blurting out comments to the press without thinking, as Kent rather stupidly claimed he was doing. Quite the opposite, Daly has often been criticised for how carefully he chooses his words to the press.
If any of the so-called league journos are worthy of the description they should be all over this and finding out who it is in the Manly camp that DCE was alluding to. And it can't be a player agent because he said 'in the club'.
Seems like a line in the sand moment for Manly, Daly along with Des might win the day or both might be gone. Has to be resolved very quickly either way or we are screwed, at least for 2023.

It is pretty unusual, I'm hard pressed to think of another time a club captain of a club in crisis has come out so clearly and stated there are people in the club trying to tear the place apart. That is a pretty direct comment.
If any of the so-called league journos are worthy of the description they should be all over this and finding out who it is in the Manly camp that DCE was alluding to. And it can't be a player agent because he said 'in the club'.
Panoutas Peterides and whoever is feeding him confidential information from inside both club administration and the football department. None of this would be happening if it wasn't endorsed and or directed from New York though. I get that DCE has used the media interview to try and fight fire with fire, but we will end up burning the whole club down if it doesn't go back in-house. Playing this **** out through the media will only benefit the media and media owners. The fact that we have to keep washing our rainbow-colored laundry in public, just demonstrates how bad MWSE is going right now. The club is in serious danger of completely imploding if an incoherent media strategy (from both sides) is considered as the answer to our problems. Mestrov needs to enforce a media ban on all contracted players and staff immediately. If he doesn't have the power to do this, he should resign. Things will not get any better on his watch until this happens.

After all the recent BS, regardless what is true or not.....no Captain could have walked away from that interview without copping criticism.
Every answer has holes picked in it and it's a pretty tough gig, to expect anything but negative press to follow....no crystal ball would be needed to predict this outcome prior to this interview really.
All I'm concerned about from DCE is better leadership on the field and getting his team playing more direct without the sideways stuff and Winning footy games.

In a earlier interview he stated he went to the team and said he would step down as captain if that is what the team wanted ( as the rumours stated) but they assured him it was all bull****
With respect @Marto1970 what young up and coming player will tell the club captain to his face he doesn’t want him as captain? Career suicide, especially with how close Des and Dce are. If he was so confident in his support he should of went to Des and club officials and asked for a anonymous ballot to be held.

I’ll say that again, anonymous ballot so the younger players wouldn’t be fearful of payback.

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6
6 3 3 16 6