• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I'm not sure how many lower or junior grade games you watch mate, but he gets pumped in those as well. He most certainly isn't Gift, Watmough, Buhrer or any of those players coming through, because they were clearly a class above the others they played with - hence why they made first grade.

You listed: (Weekes, Schuster)(Burbo)(Fulton, Condon) there mate, and they are vastly different talent and potential wise in my opinion. I placed them in above average, average, and below average there.

Having Fulton in the team as a one off was a novelty, I agree - but that's what it should be. Try putting Condon, Burbo or Fulton in the Panthers line-up. Just not happening. Hey, same can be said now for Condon at The Cowboys.

We as a club and fanbase need to set the bar WAY higher. Even our decent players need to be washed away with quality players, if we want to start beating top 4 or 8 teams. That's players like Croker, Sipley, Tuipulotu (who is actually HORRIBLE - how someone his age had the slowest play the ball in the entire league as a back and at his age at one point, just says how lazy he truly is - he's become a non event. A plod. Like a modern day Taufua, not a Taufua at his best).
Watching the Queens funeral or reading this post….. I am not sure which was more depressing.

Just sayin’

Does anyone know whether Cherry has identified as his successor for the role?

Interesting comment, and I'll suggest to you what I think, if its not just tongue in cheek. I get the sense that first graders often assist in the development of young players coming through in similar positions. I read recently that Turbo for example has spent quite a bit of time with Weekes, just as I suspect Brett Stewart spent with Turbo. So I suspect DCE probably does spend time with players like Humphries, Schuster, maybe even Latu Fainu. I dont know that for sure, but it makes sense if such players are going to have to fill in for those positions with the first grader is absent, or retires.

Yea, I just feel as Chez approaches the twilight years of his career I’d love to look out and watch the development of the player he identifies as his potential predecessor.

How do we take our captains interview today.... someone in the club trying to destabilize the joint....yes he has thought about leaving. FMD, this just feeds the grubs trying to bring us undone. What the hell did Penn do when he was here????...The place is really on the nose still.

Why must he tease us so?

NRL 2022: Daly Cherry-Evans opens up on Manly Sea Eagles quit threat, Des Hasler future​

A public battle for the Manly leadership pushed Daly Cherry-Evans to the brink of walking out on the club. He opens up about the horror end to 2022.

By Peter Badel

Queensland captain Daly Cherry-Evans has revealed he considered quitting Manly after his bombshell claim there was a political “agenda” at the club to have him sacked as Sea Eagles skipper.

Cherry-Evans opened up about his horror final months at Manly as the Maroons maestro prepares to lead Australia’s Prime Minister’s XIII into battle against Papua New Guinea on Sunday at Suncorp Stadium.

The 283-game Manly legend addressed explosive rumours he didn’t get on with the club’s Polynesian contingent, his relationship with besieged coach Des Hasler and the personal toll of calls for him to be axed as Sea Eagles captain.

Cherry-Evans admits he was also rocked by claims he had a fractured relationship with the Trbojevic brothers, Tom and Jake, prompting the 33-year-old to consider quitting Manly - just months after inking a two-year extension.

Manly had a shocking finish to the 2022 season, losing seven straight games following the gay-pride jumper debacle, and Cherry-Evans concedes he was almost a casualty of the flying shrapnel at Brookvale.

“I’d be lying to say it (joining another club) didn’t cross my mind,” Cherry-Evans said ahead of the PM’s XIII-PNG clash.

“People just wanted to cause uncertainty.

“I know that sounds ridiculous ... how could people at one club want to rip the place apart but unfortunately that is the situation we have at Manly.

“Those things I can’t control.

“After these things come out (about Cherry-Evans losing the dressing room) ... once you have the conversations with people within the club and how unrealistic these comments were, I feel really comfortable about where I stand.

“It just reassured me that what I am doing at this club is the right thing.

“The love I have for the place hasn’t changed. I am going to continue to try and get Manly back to finals next year and finish my career there.”

There is a view a faction at Manly is working behind the scenes, politically, to have Cherry-Evans removed as skipper in favour of Jake Trbojevic.

The 33-year-old is aware of the speculation and fears the innuendo surrounding his relationship with Manly’s slew of Polynesian players was a racial narrative constructed to trigger his demise from the Sea Eagles leadership post.

“I thought that (being offside with Polynesian teammates) was pretty funny to be honest considering how comfortable I am with all my teammates, let alone the seven that didn’t play (over the gay-pride jersey) and the rest of the Polynesian group,” Cherry-Evans said.

“They are just rumours that came out because people wanted to unsettle me as a person.

“The longer it went on and the more people I spoke to the more I realised that these were personal attacks and that there were certain agendas that were trying to be driven.

“I am comfortable with my relationships at Manly.”

Asked if those agendas included bringing him down as Manly skipper, Cherry-Evans replied: “Yes, there probably were. That is probably the reality of the situation ... is that people wanted that (him sacked as captain).

“Two months ago I was the best captain in Australia. Now I can’t lead Manly. It is pretty funny isn’t it? That is part of the rugby league stuff that comes around in circles all the time.

“But the people that hold the power at the club have backed me as skipper. I take a lot of confidence in that.

“It was nice to hear (Tom and Jake Trbojevic) come out and say, ‘You are our skipper’.”

Despite the internal ructions, Cherry-Evans is confident he has the support of new chief executive Tony Mestrov and is determined to lead a Sea Eagles resugrence next season _ backing Hasler to hit back as coach.

“There is definitely the human element of it all when people are attacking you personally. It is never a nice thing,” he said.

“The more discussions I had at the club the more I understand a lot of it wasn’t true. I took a lot of satisfaction knowing where I stood with everyone at Manly.

“There are some things I will never be able to control at Manly but the things I can control are the relationships I have with the coaching staff and playing group and the ownership.

“The more it has gone on the better I have felt about it because some of it (criticism of him) is just going to go around in circles.

“When people do get attacked in public it is usually their families that suffer the most. Usually they are not professional athletes who have years of emotional and mental wellbeing to support themselves. They are the ones that usually struggle to understand what is going on. I have been doing this for a long time.

“It was disappointing to see the club dragged through that but it will move on.”

Of Hasler, whose career is on the line at Manly, Cherry-Evans added: “I have said from the start that I am a big fan of Des Hasler and I am a big fan of him being our coach for as long as he can do that.

“I am not going to get in the way of a contract negotiation between a club and a coach. That’s not my ground to stand on, but I will stand here for my coach and say that I hope he gets that sorted out because I do really love him as a bloke and I do enjoy being coached by him.

“The playing group I can have an impact on and I am really confident about where I stand and where the playing group stand with each other.

“Beyond that it is for the club to worry about. In the off-season we have a really long period of time to sort that out. I am sure the people at Manly right now are working through it.

DCE needs to go. He is not what we need now at the club. Show some leadership, not continuing to air our dirty washing now. Maybe it's you DCE that is trying to destabilise the club. I've had a f#cking gutful of this joint. Where is our useless owner????

Watched the snippets of the interview on 360, quite telling that they cut his answer off mid sentence so the dribblers could try and spin something which people eat up hook line and sinker
Why is he even entertaining them??? FFS he is in an Australian side, just shut him up.

DCE needs to go. He is not what we need now at the club. Show some leadership, not continuing to air our dirty washing now. Maybe it's you DCE that is trying to destabilise the club. I've had a f#cking gutful of this joint. Where is our useless owner????
Would of been interesting if he had decided to leave. Dolphins would of been the only club offering close to what DCE wants. In all truth, DCE really had no intension on going anywhere.

Would of been interesting if he had decided to leave. Dolphins would of been the only club offering close to what DCE wants. In all truth, DCE really had no intension on going anywhere.
He is Putting the feelers out. Bennett would luv him and we pay a few hundred thousand to on the way and save $800k.

He is Putting the feelers out. Bennett would luv him and we pay a few hundred thousand to on the way and save $800k.
geez !!...I hate the thought of us subsidizing the balance of players contracts that have moved on to other Clubs. Why give other clubs a bargain buy ?

geez !!...I hate the thought of us subsidizing the balance of players contracts that have moved on to other Clubs. Why give other clubs a bargain buy ?
They will pay $800-900 and we save. I am over him, thats my beef at the moment. He didn't need to speak up today at an Australian Team interview. Now, thanks to him, Manly are back on the sporting pages again.

They will pay $800-900 and we save. I am over him, thats my beef at the moment. He didn't need to speak up today at an Australian Team interview. Now, thanks to him, Manly are back on the sporting pages again.
Yep...thought it was strange for Evans to stir the Manly pot again. He must still be bristling over the events of the last few weeks.

Sorry guys....we are at an Australian game., prior to a World Cup..you've had your fun, let's talk rep footy.....Enough has been said....why keep it going
“DCE refuses to answer questions, won’t throw any support behind so and so, refused to answer questions about his relationship with poly boys so there is obviously something going on there”

These germs will twist whatever angle is taken is regards to how he answers their questions

So if he is sweet with the squad/the coaching staff and the owners, who is left to drive this agenda within the club he is alluding too? There ain’t many people left and would be easy enough to cut out if they arnt squad, coaching or owners

Not a very captain like article, purely focused on his comfort not the clubs success

Not a very admirable trait to give more oxygen to a fire that was all but out, especially when the motive appears to mostly be self interest

Last edited:
“DCE refuses to answer questions, won’t throw any support behind so and so, refused to answer questions about his relationship with poly boys so there is obviously something going on there”

These germs will twist whatever angle is taken is regards to how he answers their questions
Yes but as you say @Kiwi Eagle they are germs, media parasites, press vultures, oxygen thieves etc
Most of "them" have zero credibility or believability.....
The only way to make them seem credible is to keep giving them more oxygen. DCE understands this implicitly. Why he has chosen this path, at this time, is beyond me.

Last edited:
Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8